Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yeah, Obito got thoroughly owned. The mask is almost off.

I'd say we're about due for Madara's interference here.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    I'd say we're about due for Madara's interference here.
    Right. If childbirth greatly weakens a jinchuuriki's seal, a jinchuuriki's own emotions greatly weakens the seal; and Madara presumably knows more secret knowledge than any other current shinobi then...

He is waiting for the perfect moment when Obito's seal is at its weakest. He know's Obito's true nature (similar Hashirama's) and after meeting Naruto, geniusly allowed them to mingle to initiate Obito's regret and remourse thereby weakening the seal.

Even expecting Obito to fail his mission all along opens up the convenience of Obito and the 10 tails rejecting or purging each other the moment Obito begins returning to the kind of Naruto-like person he once was.

Madara had it covered in several angles, like a real chess player.

Does anybody think Madara actually expected Obito to fail all along, even from the time of their first encounter?

Is it easier to believe Madara would expect Obito to remain rooted in the "Tobi" way of thinking?

Madara knew what kind of person Hashirama was and saw it in Obito.. He must have known then that Obito would not truly carry Madara's will at the last minute.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

This chapter just was just handled so well... perfect synopsis of the Naruto/Obito similarities Kishi's been feeding us so heavy-handedly, yet somehow it was better-written and really felt like something Kishi put thought into. Well-handled Talk-no-Jutsu, imo more believable than the Talk-no-Jutsu used on Nagato. Obito is a much more developed character than Nagato, and deserves better treatment.

Wow, been a while since Talk no Jutsu moved me in such a manner. Honestly think he will be redeemed, and just as it occurs, Madara strikes. Hmm. Guess we'll see a redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    Right. If childbirth greatly weakens a jinchuuriki's seal, a jinchuuriki's own emotions greatly weakens the seal; and Madara presumably knows more secret knowledge than any other current shinobi then...

He is waiting for the perfect moment when Obito's seal is at its weakest. He know's Obito's true nature (similar Hashirama's) and after meeting Naruto, geniusly allowed them to mingle to initiate Obito's regret and remourse thereby weakening the seal.

Even expecting Obito to fail his mission all along opens up the convenience of Obito and the 10 tails rejecting or purging each other the moment Obito begins returning to the kind of Naruto-like person he once was.

Madara had it covered in several angles, like a real chess player.

Does anybody think Madara actually expected Obito to fail all along, even from the time of their first encounter?

Is it easier to believe Madara would expect Obito to remain rooted in the "Tobi" way of thinking?

Madara knew what kind of person Hashirama was and saw it in Obito.. He must have known then that Obito would not truly carry Madara's will at the last minute.

I still wonder whether Madara really "accidentally" found Obito after all. or whether Obito arriving just in time to see Rin dying was "accidental" too. If these events were true accidents/coincidences, then Madara has to be the luckiest Villain in all of Manga/Comic book history.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

So we finally know why Obito was so persistent in trying to crush Naruto's hope. I actually like his reasoning. I also wonder if Obito would have finally received Rin's affection eventually. She had a certain spark in her eyes during their final years together.

Naruto has masterd the Talk No Jutsu, but it makes sense, and I must accept it. I think Madara might strike with the Zetsu, and use a new move that combines his soul/chakra/will, to the black portion of Obito Zetsu DNA, and take complete utter control of Obito and in essence come back to life.

^ than we are about to see the strongest being born.
    so damn true, naruto has develop so much, he would made greatest hokage of all time

Let's not forget that the only reason Naruto and Obito are having this heart to heart in this white space is because of the chakra tug of war happening. So even if Obito takes Naruto's hand he wont pay for his transgressions in the mortal realm, to me it seems like what would happen is not only would Obito stop resisting in the chakra tug of war but his soul would be redeemed. I doubt he could survive having bijuu ripped out of him so maybe his parting gift could be passing on how to defeat Madara.