Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    From what I understood, Ichigo's oryginal power was initially one, but quickly separated into two: Zanpakuto (made from Shinigami-Hollow powers) and Quincy part. Izach (Inner Zangetsu Bach, since now he is officially "Zangetsu"), being far more mature than Ichigo's other parts of power, have easily taken total control of Ichigo's Zanpakutou, but in time, Ichigo's other powers slowly matured and started seeping out. Then, came Rukia, which lent her own power to Ichigo, which allowed a part of Ichigo's Zanpakutou to come out, thus Ichigo became a Shinigami. After this, Ichigo lost the power that Rukia lent him and Izach again gained total control over his Zanpakutou, but thanks to Urahara's training (which forced Ichigo to awaken his Hollow part of Zanpakutou), forced Izach to give out a part of Ichigo's Zanpakutou, since otherwise Kurosaki would have died (at this point, Ichigo's Zanpakutou was split in two, the Hollow part and the Shinigami part that was still kept by Izach). That is why all this time, Ichigo was using only the Hollow part of his Zanpakutou, since Izach was blocking the Shinigami part of his Zanpakutou (of course at some points Izach lent his own power to Ichigo, like against Kenpachi or the first fight against Renji and other moments when Ichigo's eyes were burning with blue fire).

All this time Ichigo was using Hichigo's power, that is why Hichigo had to be the one that taught Ichigo how to use Zangetsu (it seems that Izach couldn't do it, because he had no clue how to use it himself), even at the Bankai training, Izach was simply his opponent, but it was Ichigo himself that had to learn how to intentionally draw out the power from Hichigo (in this case learn how to use freely GT, which was the actual requirement to obtaining Bankai). That is also why Hichigo was more prone to appear when Ichigo was using Bankai (especially Kuro Getsuga), because at those times Ichigo was using more of Hichigo's power.

After the Dangai training, seemingly for the first time, Ichigo took his real sword (not quite, since the sword was still partially in Izach's hands, but Izach was lending the power of the sword through himself) into his own hands, a sword which proved to be so powerful that it easily cut down mountains.

At the current arc, Izach finally let go of his part of Zanpakutou that he held all this time and was ready to fade away (or simply get out of his way), but Ichigo didn't like that and reincorporated Izach into that part, which resulted in Izach becoming a true Zangetsu, the same way as Hichigo was a true Zangetsu, thus Ichigo's sword became Shinigami-Quincy and Shinigami-Hollow, or so it seems .

This probably means that Ichigo have quite likely gained superior powers of what he held before, plus new ones. It's even possible that a third part of Zanpakutou was born representing the Hollow-Quincy part, which probably would result in a black mask, that after putting on would give Ichigo burning blue eyes (that is reasonable since the Hollow Mask was actually shown among Ichigo's Zanpakutou techniques that he had drawn forcefully, when Ishin was mentioning them to Ichigo).

@Paul, from what I can tell, Ichigo has a long coat, similar to Fusion Zangetsu, then he has a black poncho-kind of thing, that is around his neck and goes down, covering half of his inner-coat from the side, then he has that scarf-pattern-thing that goes from his head, again over his shoulders and then hangs down from his side, and then there is a black belt over them, finally, he has gloves and an overcoat over this.
    Last edited by Zero; 11-03-2013 at 12:08 AM.

@Zero, Purelogic,

I wonder if the reason The Squad Zero Captains made Ichigo depart by Foot, is because He (Ichigo) had finished his training way ahead of the others, and Since his help was needed right away, they decided not to wait for the others to become ready.

I suspect that Byakuya, Renji, and Rukia will come down in one of those Tube things when they complete their training. I would suspect that Ouetsu is still forging their Zanpakutous...note that Ouetsu was not there to say Goodbye to Ichigo.

One really good question is why The Squad Zero could not send Ichigo down the way Ouetsu sent Ichigo the first time.

Spoiler!

It just doesn't make any sense, unless they wanted him to warm up for battle by exerting himself to get downstairs or something like that.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

That's a good point Paul, I think they actually wanted to save the best for last in a sense. Also @ Zero and Paul, I think if anything Ichigo's new bankai should showcase his 3 Type Soul. Shikai, if anything is just a generic thing. This could just be a gift towards Ichigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    That's a good point Paul, I think they actually wanted to save the best for last in a sense. Also @ Zero and Paul, I think if anything Ichigo's new bankai should showcase his 3 Type Soul. Shikai, if anything is just a generic thing. This could just be a gift towards Ichigo.
    Well previously Ichigo's Shikai was a full-time on, always released Shikai, so he only had a Bankai, and that Compressed his Reiatsu further.

In this new mode, I have absolutely no idea what might happen. I chigo now has two Zangetsus instead of one, and by the looks of the large one, it may also be a fultime release Zanpakuto, similar to Old Zangetsu.

I have to admit that I have absolutely no clue what happens when he goes Bankai. Will his Swords Merge? Who knows. I hope that In Bankai, his Zangetsus Merge and Have the abilities of say Volstandig, where they can absorb Reishi from the environment continuously, unless Ichigo wills them to stop doing so. It could also be that the two Swords cannot merge, being that Hollow and Quincy powers are mutually exclusive, unless I suppose if they are moderated by the Shinigami side somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    @Zero, Purelogic,

I wonder if the reason The Squad Zero Captains made Ichigo depart by Foot, is because He (Ichigo) had finished his training way ahead of the others, and Since his help was needed right away, they decided not to wait for the others to become ready.

I suspect that Byakuya, Renji, and Rukia will come down in one of those Tube things when they complete their training. I would suspect that Ouetsu is still forging their Zanpakutous...note that Ouetsu was not there to say Goodbye to Ichigo.

One really good question is why The Squad Zero could not send Ichigo down the way Ouetsu sent Ichigo the first time.

Spoiler!

It just doesn't make any sense, unless they wanted him to warm up for battle by exerting himself to get downstairs or something like that.
    Nah, I think it's the other way around since it's not only that they didn't want to send Ichigo with the pillar, it's also that the pillar was already missing, which likely means that someone already used it (seemingly Rukia and Renji who were further in the training than Ichigo or Byakuya). They mentioned that they can't use it whenever they want, since it seems that Shukaku have to make some kinds of preparations to send them back, plus it seems that she herself will likely join this fight (she did join in the SS arc at the end).

I think that Oetsu mentioned that it is time relevant, like it automatically summons someone back after using it, or something. It's also possible that he can't use it freely and perhaps left it for Byakuya who is behind the training the most.

I wonder if we will ever see Ishin going full out (with his Bankai) and Ryuken... well, the Gun Quincy, being this old, certainly knows the name Ishida, just like Opie knew and since he didn't show any qualms about an "Ishida" becoming the heir while in Vandereich and the fact that we haven't seen him in SS yet, he might have went to Ryuken, to ask what they are actually planing.

I'm also wondering about Ichigo's eyes in FGT form. At this point we know that Ichigo's eyes become yellow with his Hollow power, that burn blue with his Quincy powers, but in FGT his eyes were deep red, so is this a sign of one becoming a true higher being or was it a result of Ichigo finally accessing the powers of his true Zan ?

As to Ichigo's new Bankai, basing on what we saw after the Dangai training, it seems that there will be some level of fusion between the user and sword (I guess it is reminiscent of Whitey itself). I guess it would be pretty fun if his Bankai turned into a Mask, that after putting on, generates black cloak/clothing over him and allows him to create black energy blades like with Mugetsu ;D.

I have this weird feeling his new bankai is going to look like more like a American looking Grim Reaper, and his mask with a hooded shadow robes.
    Just look at Tenza Zangestu
    Pull the hood up, put a mask on, you have a grim reaper look. Also if they weapons do merge I notice one is longer "The Hollow One" and the Qunicy one is shorter, what if they fuse into a Death Scythe, and the hollow portion is the staff, and the Qunciy part the blade? Just saying it would look cool. I doubt that's the look Kubo is going for, I think he's just trying to make Ichigo, understand who he is at the moment, and accept it.

I have to admit that I have absolutely no clue what happens when he goes Bankai. Will his Swords Merge? Who knows. I hope that In Bankai, his Zangetsus Merge and Have the abilities of say Volstandig, where they can absorb Reishi from the environment continuously, unless Ichigo wills them to stop doing so. It could also be that the two Swords cannot merge, being that Hollow and Quincy powers are mutually exclusive, unless I suppose if they are moderated by the Shinigami side somehow.
    Paul I'd be super siked if he goes into Bankai and says "Zangetsu Vollstandig" (Zangetsu Complete)

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    Paul I'd be super siked if he goes into Bankai and says "Zangetsu Vollstandig" (Zangetsu Complete)
    Yeah, that would be the Bomb. Okay, if he were to have that kind of Bankai, it would not be too far fetched for Ichigo to be able to take out the quincy power from those quincies, like Juha Bach himself did when he extracted power from Masaki and Uryuu's mother.

That's what I'd like to see, but Kubo will probably not do that, or if he did, it would be countered by the real Juha Bach.

Maybe Ichigo's new clothes are a kind of focuser or limiter where they help him control his extreme power seeing as they have new reiatsu now in the form of Soul King reiatsu or w/e it is, and when he takes them off he will release all his strength, its a pretty common theme with 'final battle' type shonen's but idk I just like the new look. I also think the other 3 are already on their way down, Ichigo got sent back while they were still training their zanpakutos so I would assume they would be done already with training, plus he evaporated all the water in Ooetsu's ocean lol so he can't remake anyones swords anymore, maybe this will be the reason he comes down and fights now that he doesn't have an ability to make swords in SKR anymore hehe.

I hope the SKR has a special time restriction limit like the precipice world where everything is slowed down, otherwise it would be kind of hax that they got so strong and healed and skilled in just a few days -_-
    A pie in the sky?

Yeah, that would be the Bomb. Okay, if he were to have that kind of Bankai, it would not be too far fetched for Ichigo to be able to take out the quincy power from those quincies, like Juha Bach himself did when he extracted power from Masaki and Uryuu's mother.

That's what I'd like to see, but Kubo will probably not do that, or if he did, it would be countered by the real Juha Bach.
    You know I've been wondering if every Quincy has Bach 's spirit/soul inside them but looking back at how close Bach was to Ichigo and the length he went to protect him makes me believe his only unique to Ichigo, I think only Ichigo inherited his spirit/soul otherwise all Quincy would be near impossible to beat if they all had Bach helping them the same way his been helping Ichigo.

I think the difference between Ichigo and other Quincy is that they need to drink his blood to unlock their true power where as Ichigo has the beast itself. With that being said, if Ichigo inherited Bach's spirit/soul then his the true heir and successor to the Quincy throne and should have the same Quincy abilities (Letter A) as Bach, in theory he should be able to show up and turn all Quincy to fodder (Bach being the only exception) by sucking away their power and this could explain why he has such high confidence that left Urahara thinking WTF.