Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    It's good to see the noticeable progression in Ichigo's character, the way he's got a certain sense of self confidence that's been lacking since before he gained Fullbringer abilities. Oh, and those TWO blades look fucking awesome on him, total boss shit.
    I agree man, it kind of reminds me of Ichigo after training in the precipice world, when he came out with long hair and a new resolve, completely manned up and took on his role seriously and didn't rush into things like he usually did. Im praying they gave him new skills to gauge the enemy and learn their strengths and weaknesses than what he usually does which is run in and underestimate everyone thinking he is the strongest and the best and then get beat half to death only to be saved by some remote hax power deep inside him...

Nice find on the insignia though! I would love to see him being more "official" now so that Byakuya can't look down on him as a lowly substitute anymore, he will be legit!
    A pie in the sky?

We are told that Squad Zero exists to protect the Soul King, now we find that Squad Zero consists of 5 captains (only).

One is a Monk (who does, I don't know what), one is a healer who heals, I don't know who, one creates Zanpakutos...this I sorta gets, since he must be supplying Asauchis to SS somehow, but how does that enable squad Zero to protect the soul king? One makes food with reiatsu building properties, but who exactly is she feeding?, one is weird, tall, and looks like The android one paths of pain (naruto), and I just don't get her at all.

If there is an actual military purpose to squad zero, I haven't seen it yet. BUT...... BUT... Each Squad Zero Captain Runs a City, Right? Who inhabits those cities, soldiers?

Is Reikyouku like Valhalla, where dead Shinigamis go and live in one of these cities, waiting for a final battle of sorts? Is that what the SK does in his trance, I mean searching for souls of heroes to add to his pocket Valhala dimension?

BTW, Where is Kon?....that perv (just saying)!

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

For what it's worth, they all provide an aspect of Shinigami life that makes their place entirely self-sufficient. I guess they don't really protect in the main sense of the word, but make sure the Soul King is well taken care of without sacrificing the functions of SS.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    For what it's worth, they all provide an aspect of Shinigami life that makes their place entirely self-sufficient. I guess they don't really protect in the main sense of the word, but make sure the Soul King is well taken care of without sacrificing the functions of SS.
    @Kuro.. I just can't imagine what the Soul king might need from some of these guys, he definitely doesn't need healing...but anyways.

LOL at MAngapanda.

........................Ichigo, here is a rice ball to eat if you get Angry. Ah! yes, I'll make sure to sneak away and eat if I get angry during a fight.

That's some riddiculous translation there.

That's too funny, but I wonder, who was gathering the souls of the undead, before the Shinigami. 2000 Years ago... Humans were alive before that time.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    We are told that Squad Zero exists to protect the Soul King, now we find that Squad Zero consists of 5 captains (only).

One is a Monk (who does, I don't know what), one is a healer who heals, I don't know who, one creates Zanpakutos...this I sorta gets, since he must be supplying Asauchis to SS somehow, but how does that enable squad Zero to protect the soul king? One makes food with reiatsu building properties, but who exactly is she feeding?, one is weird, tall, and looks like The android one paths of pain (naruto), and I just don't get her at all.

If there is an actual military purpose to squad zero, I haven't seen it yet. BUT...... BUT... Each Squad Zero Captain Runs a City, Right? Who inhabits those cities, soldiers?

Is Reikyouku like Valhalla, where dead Shinigamis go and live in one of these cities, waiting for a final battle of sorts? Is that what the SK does in his trance, I mean searching for souls of heroes to add to his pocket Valhala dimension?

BTW, Where is Kon?....that perv (just saying)!
    Well, according to Bleach wikia:
    The Royal Guard is a special organization that performs services for the Royal Family. It has a considerable amount of fighting, organizational, and executive power compared to other organizations.[1]

They are also charged with slaying Menos Grande, though the circumstances under which they do so are unknown.[2]

Since serving the royal family is the primary purpose of the Royal Guard, they don't interfere in Gotei 13's affairs and the defense of Soul Society, as seen with major threats like Aizen and his Arrancar.[3] They are known to do whatever is required by order of the Soul King.[4]

The Royal Guards authority supersedes the authority of all within Soul Society.[5] Each member of the Royal Guard have had the power of the Ōken imparted onto their bones by the Soul King.[6] They also each have a city of their own at the Soul King Palace.[7]

The Royal Guard is known to promote former captains of the Gotei 13 to their ranks.[8] The Royal Guard has no soldiers, and it only has 5 members, all of which are former Captains. Their total power far surpasses the power of all the 13 Divisions together.[14]
    While RG members are protecting the SK, it's quite obvious that SK himself protects the culture of SS, by gathering people who had immense impact on it's history. It might have something to do with the fact that the culture of the previous SS is almost non-existent, beside the Dog Clan (and maybe the Quincy ?), but we can't be really sure how many SS's and SK's away they have lived through.

Ichibei Hyōsube - "Monk of Perception", by his title alone one can guess that he is the SK's "eye/s". Basing on his demeanor and having a dojou-training hall, he quite likely created the Hand-to-Hand combat, Kenjutsu (before Zanpakutou appeared, they seemed to have normally trained swordmanship ?), or something along those line.

Tenjirō Kirinji - "Hot Spring Demon", well a medic, even if not used for the Royal Family (...?...), he can still be useful for people in the 5 cities, the Zero Squad and other critically wounded people.

Ōetsu Nimaiya - "God of the Sword", someone have to produce those weapons for the "Balancers" and maintain the swords for the RG and Royal Family.

Kirio Hikifune - "Ruler of Grain", I'm not sure how often or how much the SK and the Royal Family eats, but the RG certainly doesn't have a normal diet (it might also have something to do with the thing inside their bodies...).

Senjumaru Shutara - "Great Weave Guard", well she is quite likely the one that designed the standard Shinigami clothes (yeah, she is that old, which actually makes me wonder how old is Kurotsuchi, since his body was already heavily modified when Urahara came for him), also she is the one that keeps intruders from getting in (as she mentioned herself, when speaking to Mayuri, that when she was in Seireiter - Gotei 13, the security wasn't as lax as it is now). It's possible that the clothes she makes might have an actual purpose in maintaining the security, since for example those might act as transmitters of some sorts (well, she is closely associated with Mayuri, so she can't really be normal, right ;P ?).

@ Zero,

Obviously Kubo has not yet fleshed out the details of how Squad Zero, and / or the Reikyouku work. I mean for instance, that Squad zero has no soldiers, only the 5 Captains. No soldiers, will call into question who it may be that inhabits the 5 cities. Whoever they are, they are not soldiers. One could/might theorize that they are probably former inhabitants of SS who left with the SK when he moved to Reikyouku.

Hikifune is a very funny/amusing lady. She goes from Hot babe to Bouncing Boy..er..girl in the space of one session in the Kitchen. It makes you wonder whether the SK and everybody else starved to death before she was promoted to Cheif Chef at SKR. Reminds me of an episode of Kitchen Stadium at the Food Channel.

Senjumaru Shutara...how she even knows Kurotsuchi Mayuri, and how she had better security when she was in charge beats the flumox out of me, since there was no Squad 12 before Urahara Kisuke Made one.

Spoiler!

I know squad 12 was not specifically mentioned, but the implication is there. It is also implied that Mayuri and Senjumaru know each other, makes you wonder why SS decided to throw Mayuri into the Maggot's nest and what insane science he was conducting (Orochimaru's Great Grand daddy?).

Still too many unanswered questions.

The mangastream translation differs abit:
    Spoiler!

since she mentions "here" (where they are standing, thus this realm or city - Serieiter) instead of "there" which would suggest the 12th Division Laboratory.

Also, Hikifune created the Gikon/Mod Soul before Urahara came and created the science department, so obviously some people were doing some kinds of research and experiments, which Mayuri probably took too far.

Another thing worth mentioning is that Mayuri might be very well much older than he looks (sine he has modified/artificial/replaced body?). What's more, his current state might have been a necessity instead of a simple whim.

Oh right, as to Kon (someone was asking about it ?), it's possible that he currently receives, or already received, an upgrade from Hikifune (it's possible that she continued her research is SK's Realm ) ?

@ Zero,

I asked about Kon. To be honest I suspect he's hiding under Ichigo's new robes, but there is another posibility. Since Kon is a perv, he may have taken to Hikifune for her ample supply of food......and other things ahem!

Thinking About Ouetsu:

As far as I know, There is no other place or situation where Asauchis are freely materialized for anyone to see, other than Ouetsu's girls. Those girls are not Blanks or they are a different type of blank from the Asauchis that Ichigo and Renji fought, which can be moulded in the image of a shinigami's soul and reiatsu.
    Last edited by paulbee; 10-31-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Thinking About Ouetsu:

As far as I know, There is no other place or situation where Asauchis are freely materialized for anyone to see, other than Ouetsu's girls. Those girls are not Blanks or they are a different type of blank from the Asauchis that Ichigo and Renji fought, which can be moulded in the image of a shinigami's soul and reiatsu.
    From what I understood, those Zan Girls were meant to imply and showcase the immense power and understanding that Oetsu has, that he can constantly keep many Zanpakutous materialized without breaking a sweat, while others can't do it, for example Yoruichi had to use a special equipment and take breaks after keeping one Zan alone materialized for most of the day (Inner Zangetsu Bach actually... IZach ?). Of course, normally Shinigami have to manifest their Zans themselves and then train with them, which is probably why Bankai training takes so long in the first place. When they use up most of their power on keeping it materialized, it's probably hard to train then. There is probably some advantage to training normally, perhaps they don't need to fear that they might be crushed by their Bankais (like Ichigo) since they gain endurance and resistance by keeping them materialized themselves, beside training with them.

Then again, some Zans seem able to manifest themselves with their own power, like Zabimaru that manifested himself and told Renji that it is ready for battle... unless that was in Renji's mind, but it seemed like it really manifested itself (since the sword turned into another form, instead of a ghost form appearing beside it, like what Ichigo experienced in the fight with Kenpachi).

Those girls might be an abandoned Zanpakutous or they themselves slaughtered or took over their masters, since normally the Zan dies with it's wielder, so it's possible that something different happens when the Zan itself doesn't recognize it's wielder as it's master.