Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    There were several reasons to steal the bankais, even if they're more powerful without them. First off, it's demoralizing to the Captains. Possessing a bankai is one of the things that set them apart from the common soldiers. Secondly, while it may have weakened the Quincy, it severely weakened the Captains, since sealing their bankai took away a large chunk of their power. Third, it served as a distraction to the Captains, instead of focusing purely on locating the Quincies and bringing the fight to them, they had to find ways to recoup their power.

So, I'd say it worked out well for the Quincies, despite the temporary cost.

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    THIS is what I wanted: Action & Twists. Bazz B is fucking hilarious, Toshiro seems to have actually nailed Cang as confirmed by Bazz but will he be entering Holy Mode anyway from inside the ice? The Stern Ritter calling herself a psycho bitch was a geniune chuckle moment and having a chance to actually see Shinji in battle, inevitably a Bankai is

Captain McGruff is back and BOSSED up by his grandfather???

Stern Ritters > Espada in epic soon at this rate.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Speaking of "not being enjoyable since it would be meaningless by the next chapter" . Its true, we all know these fights are in the end to entertain us til the main event. but dont say it as if its something only Kubo does Its like Konoha defending against Pain, til Naruto comes. Or how the Z fighters try their best til Goku comes. Its not that exaggerated in One Piece, but it happens sometimes too. Pretty much every manga / anime does this. But it still enjoyable for me.
    Well for me, it's not so much trying to take Kubo to task for the "Main Character Dynamic Entrance when All Hope is Lost" trope that exists in every Shonen manga...ever? Yeah, definitely ever. It's just that it's usually handled a little better in other stories. In DBZ, holding out for Goku means that Vegeta willingly throws himself into an ass-whooping 50 times; Piccolo gives an epic speech; the Z-rabble will put forth the effort. There's struggle, fight, exchanging of techniques, desperation power levels, etc. It keeps things exciting.

When Konoha defended against Pain, it was different ninja clans trying different tactics to kill/stall each of the pain bodies. Etc. etc. for One Piece. To get back on topic (Bleach), Bleach is never really like that. It's always just "My hax power cannot be unhaxed". Then the next chapter the other character is like "I see your hax and raise you my hax". And so forth. There are rarely fights with a strategy or tactics. Byakuya vs. Tsukishima was a good recent-ish. No one ever takes an injury--They always take deathblows. lol

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

^ Are you suggesting that Blach fights are more like card games, like poker or 21 ? You know, but instead of 21, you get a cliff hanger .

Well they are Death-God's, so is it really that surprising that they can defy their own death ?

I'm wondering why Shinji's power stopped working. Could it be that the smell has to constantly be felt for it to work and thus when Bamby entered Complete Mode, she have purified the air by turning everything in it (even Shinji's substance) into particles, thus overcoming his ability ? Or is it the standard "my power level is much higher than yours, so even if you power has nothing to do with levels, it still won't work on me" ?

So wait Komamura is back? I couldn't tell if it was a mind game or not. I also want to know what Ichigo is callin in for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    So wait Komamura is back? I couldn't tell if it was a mind game or not. I also want to know what Ichigo is callin in for.
    Well, he never said that he is Komamura now did he ? What's more Bambie mentioned that she felt his energy far, far away and it is quite strange that he got to her so quickly. He is covering his face and simply didn't deny that he is a "dog...gy...?" and has similar energy to Komamura. Still he might be Komamura, even if he got a lot faster and his face become different (it's quite possible that the reason why he is hiding his face might have been reversed...).

Now that I look at it, isn't Bambie's front of the skirt defying law of physics by being still, since everything else (even the back of her skirt) goes up ? Or is it that the wind goes from her back...

Technically speaking, the only mind game that appeared here was Hirako using his recently trained linguistic skills to talk backwards, since his Shikai works by releasing a substance into the brain of the target, thus technically her perception was influenced physically and not mentally. Basically, by utilizing this type of play (talking backwards) with his Shikai, he can create an illusion that at least 2 of the target's senses were affected, while in reality only one was.

Alright, that explains it a little bit, I'm wonder if he puts his mask on with his Shikai powers increase to a point where she's on the defense again or will that even them out for now, until he goes bankai then puts the mask on again. I'm really wanting to see his bankai. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Strangely enough, Hitsugaya has still those ice-flowers around him, so I'm not sure in what way was his Bankai "complete" unless those appeared because of his weakened state and hollowification of his Bankai (since when Cang was using it, they didn't seem to be there). In the end it looks like it only stopped his bleeding for a moment, or perhaps the hollowification ended and wounds reopened ?
    Was going to mention the same thing lol Hitsugaya mentioned that the flowers were a timer but now that they showed up again in his completed form what does that mean? Still timered or maybe just for show...

On the Shinji thing, Kenpachi once said that whoever has the higher reiatsu will have their affects of their bankai felt and the one who has the lesser reiatsu won't be able to do any damage, so maybe shes temporarily higher than Shinji in power until he goes bankai hmmm. Either way the only chance I see of beating her is by infuriating her or questioning her pride and making her lose her composure and control, shes one of those baddies who needs to have pride and presence and be respected lol and Shinji is going to be the best opponent for her since he will get under her skin easy.

Either way now that they are in super mode they can pretty much tear apart SS and absorb everyone and everything. Im hoping that the Shinigami aren't just going to use their reishi attacks and hope they work but get back to basics and fight with swordsmanship etc. Wasn't that what Hitsugaya was studying before the attack? No magic powers are going to work on the quincy anymore, they need to either wait for Mayuri and Urahara to think of something to seal their reishi absorption or just fight with swordsmanship....or all just die waiting for Ichigo to Getsuga them all in his one hit wonder style
    A pie in the sky?

I wonder can they absorb living souls?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Hmmmmmmmm, there is another point worth wondering about, mainly why is Ichigo calling them now ? It's not like he is going to arrive before Arrancars, Earth Vizards, Fullbringers, Shibas, Aberrations or Kenpachis, or is he now ? Could it be that he calls because he can't come ? Or better, that he can't come because they took hostage his sisters and he can't take action until someone saves them... hmmm, sounds a bit stretched so probably not... wait, wait, wait, Urahara said Kurosaki and there are at least four of them, it might not have been Ichigo, it wouldn't make sense for Ichigo to be calling at this point (it's still too early ) so could this really be someone else ?

Another thing to consider is the amount of Quincy currently fighting. They haven't even used their main foot soldiers (they will probably be used as testing target for Kenpachi or Ichigo after power upping or someone else), they also don't seem to use their Arrancar force and seemingly there are like 7 SR currently fighting seriously (seeing as they go from A-Z with some letters doubled... they still should have a lot to throw into it). What is the rest of them doing now anyway, are they awaiting the Zero Squad's entrance or something ?