Thread: Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Geronimo!

Are there people here that appreciate this show at least as much as I do?

Having seen most of the classic series + all of the revival series, I'm pretty excited over this year's anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Geronimo!

Are there people here that appreciate this show at least as much as I do?

Having seen most of the classic series + all of the revival series, I'm pretty excited over this year's anniversary!
    whos your fav?

david tenant, but i guess im being biased here seeing that chris ecchelson was the only other one ive seen

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Eccleston, Tennant, and Smith are all great in their own way.

I still have a special place for Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker, and Peter Davison.

As a kid, about maybe 8-10yrs old, I actually watched the first Old Man Doctor on Black and White TV. I can't really remember any details (I was too busy enjoying the early versions of anime, and cartoons like Johnny Quest, Marine boy, Astroboy and Hanna & Barbera stuff like The Flint Stones and Wally Gator).

However, I went to school in England in the late seventies and Fell in love with Doctor Who all over again, and my favourite doctor was Tom Baker. I just loved the unassuming character he brought with him.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

My favorite Dr. Who Moment

http://paulbee-weblinks.blogspot.com...back-home.html

I wanted to share a Moment on Dr. Who. This episode was perhaps David Tennant's last regular performance as The Doctor. For some reason I found it quite a thrill to watch.
    Last edited by paulbee; 03-12-2014 at 01:57 AM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

The most devastating weapon in Kermit the Frog’s dramatic arsenal — the one you feel really justifies the comparisons with Brando and Day-Lewis — is his frustrated face-scrunch, in which his mouth crinkles at the sides and his cheeks squeeze inwards, turning his entire face into a neat little packet of froggy despair.

Often while watching Muppets Most Wanted, I felt my own features squirming, entirely unbidden, into similar arrangements, as if my inner puppeteer were clenching a fist.

So yes, Muppet film number eight is a resounding disappointment: it’s uneven and often grating, with only a few moments of authentic delight, and almost none of the sticky-sweet, toast-and-honey crunch of its vastly enjoyable 2011 forerunner. That picture, which was simply titled The Muppets, was as smart a reboot as Hollywood has yet wrangled: a sly comeback-within-a-comeback, in which Jim Henson’s creations were reunited for one final, apparently doomed show, only to discover their variety-bill shtick played better than ever.

This follow-up wears its sequel status just as proudly. Even the opening number is called 'We’re Doing a Sequel’, and includes a winked aside about diminishing returns. As the film grinds on for the next two hours, the gag remains hanging in the air, and what once sounded chirpily self-deprecating starts to feel like a pre-emptive climb-down.

The plot, in which Kermit is kidnapped by his doppelgänger Constantine during a Muppet tour of Europe, riffs on the caper movies of the Sixties and Seventies, and particularly the Pink Panther films — as did The Great Muppet Caper in 1981, which struck the perfect balance of farce, pastiche and gentle surrealism.