Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    I like what you all said, but I think the main thing it weaken Obito's resolve, and thus weaken his shield I think Obito gave up honestly, just look at his 'What-Ifs" it was all friend based. I think Kishi made it more of a symbol that defies logic and reason. Each of the Rasegans were massive, and there were 9 of them. A Bijuu bomb would do the same damage and more, but I think it takes time to gather the chakra, and they couldn't attack at the same time while the Bijuu bomb went off.

it seems we missed the key logistical reason naruto called in his buddies for the rasengan. 652 reveals that naruto had called them in anticipating shikimaru's planning. everyone being connected; naruto was aware of what needed to be done to follow through after cutting obito and having shikimaru and his closest konaha buddies close was a great way to initiate the chakra tug of war.

in semi-short, i see this as naruto proving he is not a battle-dunce and is capable of anticipating movies and planning ahead by at least 2 steps.. even cooperating with shikimaru through implication and trust when the details are neither immediate or explicit among all team members.

it wasn't just a feel good move we all figured it for.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

I'm going to route same path. I have Madara entering the tug a bijuu battle, to rejuvenate himself to take Shukaku from gaara.

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    it seems we missed the key logistical reason naruto called in his buddies for the rasengan. 652 reveals that naruto had called them in anticipating shikimaru's planning. everyone being connected; naruto was aware of what needed to be done to follow through after cutting obito and having shikimaru and his closest konaha buddies close was a great way to initiate the chakra tug of war.

in semi-short, i see this as naruto proving he is not a battle-dunce and is capable of anticipating movies and planning ahead by at least 2 steps.. even cooperating with shikimaru through implication and trust when the details are neither immediate or explicit among all team members.

it wasn't just a feel good move we all figured it for.
    Naruto is definitely not a battle dunce, but to be fair and honest, he's getting help from Kurama.

EDIT:

Just thinking back a little bit, I recall the chapter where the SO6P addressed the Baby Bijuu's. It is kind of obvious now that that wasmore or less a prophesy that Naruto would be the Jinchuuriki of the Juubi.

This leads me to a review I watched on You Tube where the reviewer was critical of Kishi. His complaint was that the way the Bijuus leaked out of Obito following the Susanoo-Kurama Sword slash was LAME. He reasoned that there was no reason why the Bijuus didn't leak out when Naruto hit and injured Obito with his Senjutsi Rasengan.

Well it's Obvious that the Wound fron Senjutsu Susanoo-Kurama Sword was deeper and far more damaging than the one from the Rasengan alone. But there is one other key thing the sword might have accomplished.

I think that the reason the Bijuus can even try to escape now is that the Senjutsu Susanoo-Kurama Sword could have severed the Chakra chains that Obito used to enslave the Bijuus and connect them to the Geddou Mazou. Once the chains were broken, the entrapped Bijuus could folow their own Chakra inside Naruto, like a beacon. I would guess that at this point, their individual consciousness is probably weakened. The rest of course is left to the tug-of-war between Naruto and his allies and Obito.

I also think that Madra's obsession with fighting Hashirama is now working against him. Reason is that Hashirama is certainly strong enough to prevent/delay Madara from accessing Obito, at least for a while.
    Last edited by paulbee; 10-28-2013 at 01:53 AM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Something that's been bothering me (a little) about the Konoha Nine sharing a Rasengan each (given them by Naruto), is this, What is the Point/Need?

Naruto Created the 9 Rassengans, then In order to share them out, he had to extend a Rikudo style cloak over his friends, then Naurto's friends pushed those rassengans at Obito's shield.

My question is, isn't this a pointless waste of chakra? Why didn't Naruto use all that chakra to form a nice juicy concentrated Sejutsu Bijuu Darma, and blast the shield himself, followed by the combined Sasuke/Naruto Susanoo Sword?

What advantage was gained by Sharing Chakra to the Nine? Kishi risks losing meaningful or believable action, by overdoing the symbolism.

@Paulbee U r right , I was thinking the same when I read the chapter first time. if was totally unnecessary. Naruto can do it with his own clones too or with the Chakra hands he create to grab things. Looks to me its just kind of giving little picture to all these friends of Naruto which are totally useless in fight with Obito and may be later with Madara too.

Edited:
    just read the others comments for the same and from all those, I can accept only that it may be just to show Obito the friendship bond to make his will more weaker.

I think Madara will bring something surprising to the table soon. Also Naruto can take and suck the beasts back from Gara and Bee because they are friend with Naruto too and Gara actually don't need one tail beast any more. Gara is gud even without him. Wonder what Bee got without 8 tails. hmmm....
    Last edited by aa26i; 10-28-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: adding addtional text