Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I imagine that SO6P did not go about hitting individuals with the DNA sword. I imagine that he plunged the sword into the Earth itself, and this indirectly affected people who met his criteria, and perhaps other non human creatures too. However it is quite possible/feasible that he used the sword on individual creatures too.

I would further postulate that once he had altered the DNA of beings on the planet, he then himself went on his pilgrimage teaching people how to use the chakra for their benefit, in a peaceful way. Unfortunately, his intentions were corrupted with people and their hatred and greed.

Or that's how I imagine the whole thing went down.

Note that Obito in his self visiualization, had one eye, and was half spiral Zetsu. What is implied is that Obito could have refused Madara's invitation, and left him dead, and returned to Konoha after Rin died. Then he and Kakashi together would have visted he grave. Paths not taken etc...

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Frankly speaking I feel religious vibes coming from this chapter.
    Dude, Naruto has basically been Jesus for, like, a couple hundred chapters now. Twas awesome to see the Konoha 10 (Neji...:'-() get some bit of shine to reiterate friendships and bonds and so forth.

Also, great catch on that, paul. Very important distinction that Obito was imagining himself even after the tragedy of the Uchiha-Sniping rock.

It's too bad this is mostly/all set-up. But Madara's a much less sympathetic villiant. Seeing him get straight murdered with no redemption is probably okay with most people >:-)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Obito as Hokage eh? That would have been an interesting reality. Imagine how much different the story would have been if Obito had been around since the beginning of the series. Madara would have probably found a different helper and I'm guessing Obito would have survived when Itachi killed the Uchiha. Would have been cool to see Obito giving advice to a young Naruto. Would have been ever cooler to see him have his own team of 3 to teach. Obito would have defiantly been a better character as an ally rather than an enemy.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Speaking about Obito's fantasy, it seems that the Kyubi attack had taken place anyway, since:
    - Iruka has the scar that he gained in the Kyubi attack,
    - Obito still seemed young as a Hokage, which probably would mean that Minato would still be quite young himself at this time, thus the only reason why Obito could become a Hokage at such an age would be because Minato is dead, unless Obiot had become a Hokage instead of Minato somehow (since there was no statue of Minato's face), or thanks to the Zetsu cells he lived much longer than his appearance suggests,
    - funny enough is that the Konoha would still be within the Senju hands (technically ), since even as a Hokage, Obito's body would have been mostly made from Senju Hashirama's/Zetsu's cells , looks like a pure Uchiha truly doesn't have any chance to be one ...

Hmmmmm, yeah I wouldn't mind seeing an alternative Obito Gaiden story , after ending the current story that is.

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Obito as Hokage eh? That would have been an interesting reality. Imagine how much different the story would have been if Obito had been around since the beginning of the series. Madara would have probably found a different helper and I'm guessing Obito would have survived when Itachi killed the Uchiha. Would have been cool to see Obito giving advice to a young Naruto. Would have been ever cooler to see him have his own team of 3 to teach. Obito would have defiantly been a better character as an ally rather than an enemy.
    Aggeroff, The scenario you are envisaging would have been completely different from what Obito is imagining.

The reason is that in this Mindscape, Madara already chose him, Obito, and Obito already merged with a Spiral Zetsu. tachi would not have killed the Uchiha, because in our reality, Obito actually helped itachi kill them so this might not have happened.

In Obito's minscape, he himself, an Uchiha and didn't die in Itachi's ethnic cleansing, so he probably stopped the coup de'tat (in his mindscape). Obito would then have been 4th Hokage instead of Minato as we see on the Hokage Mountain.

Now Obviously Obito is going to die, but I wonder id he still has a parting Gift for Naruto. I can Imagine Obito transfering part of the SO6P to Naruto through the sword. I wonder if that was being foreshadowed in this page (bottom Panel):

Spoiler!

Obviously Obito's mind is seeing himself in Naruto's place, as the Never give Up hero, but maybe there is a dual foreshadowing going on there also.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by sevencold19 View Post
    That sword reminds me the Longinus spear from evangelion.
    Exactly they are similar as the Spear of Longinus was a god like weapon said to be alive and have a will of its own. It was also a tool used in the control of god like beings including one that created humanity.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Exactly they are similar as the Spear of Longinus was a god like weapon said to be alive and have a will of its own. It was also a tool used in the control of god like beings including one that created humanity.
    Huh, really ? I though that it was referring to the myth that Jesus has actually died from a lance/spear instead of being hung on the cross, thus by God-Slaying and being bathed in God's blood, it gained magical/supernatural/reality bending powers. Or about that it was made from a horn of a fallen angel, thus was capable of slaying other angel and alike creatures. Or that, as most if not all legends and myths, it actually comes from an older legend or myth, in this case about the Spear of Life - Brionac, which IIRC, is actually the oldest legend/myth about spear of life and light ?

It's worth mentioning that the Longinus Spear in EVA was actually made from the infinity symbol and not the DNA draft.

Also Mangastream version : http://readms.com/r/naruto/651/2103/1

Fire type

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Huh, really ? I though that it was referring to the myth that Jesus has actually died from a lance/spear instead of being hung on the cross, thus by God-Slaying and being bathed in God's blood, it gained magical/supernatural/reality bending powers. Or about that it was made from a horn of a fallen angel, thus was capable of slaying other angel and alike creatures. Or that, as most if not all legends and myths, it actually comes from an older legend or myth, in this case about the Spear of Life - Brionac, which IIRC, is actually the oldest legend/myth about spear of life and light ?

It's worth mentioning that the Longinus Spear in EVA was actually made from the infinity symbol and not the DNA draft.
    Yes the basis for both is the spear that pierced Jesus.

The spiral imagery is similar to the Double helix pattern of DNA in both cases implying the alteration of life.

Now that I think about it it did say the SO6P lead a religion that was suppose to be about peace. Perhaps in some kind of baptism ceremony to the followers they were endowed with chakra by the Sage trough use of his Nunoboko. Thus through interbreeding maybe they passed it on.

- The legend only states that the Sages mother ate the divine fruit which gave her chakra and thus her son but it doesn't explain how other humans obtained chakra. This maybe be a step in that direction.

Fire type

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Now THIS is what I've been looking for that the past chapters failed to provide, very nice. Cohesion and perfectly synched Naruto/Sasuke fusion, the B Listers get some shine, Lee actually indirectly uses ninjutsu for the first time ever, Obito's What If Reality, a new divine weapon introduced and trounced in the same chapter, & our two main characters actually make some feasible progress against Obito.

All that's left is for Madara to step in and complete the story arc.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."