Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_exe View Post
    I have to say my favourite part of this weeks chapter was the sequence where Law redirects the meteor onto the hull (using the middle finger) and then Fujitora's complete lack of concern was priceless, he didn't even stop eating. interesting that he's so keen to go back to Dressrosa, I hope it is so that he can snoop into Doflamingo's business rather than go after the strawhats who aren't on the sunny. Fujitora seems to be one of the few navy higher ups that doesn't have an absurdly corrupted concept of justice so perhaps the whole thing about Doflamingo aiding and abetting one of the yonko might be something he won't look the other way on. I guess what I'm hoping is that when he finds proof about Dofla's relationship with Kaido he will inadvertently help the strawhats and inform the Akainu and the Navy top brass leading to Doflamingo being formally expelled from the Shichibukai.
    I guess the scenario where Fujitora switches sides is plausible. It's been written all over his face that he doesn't like/trust Doflamingo and wants to sniff out his business. If this happens to go as far as bringing DD down, then Luffy's team will definitely have the upper hand.

________

Quote Originally Posted by ILL_TBAG_U View Post
    Aokiji did tell Smoker that Donflamingo posed the biggest threat to Sakazuki's vision of the new marines HQ. So it's very plausible that it happens just as you hope. My question is, How strong is Donflamingo really? Can their really be that huge of a disparity in power levels between Shichibukai? Obviously there's always going to be stronger ones and weaker ones but is Donflamingo really that much stronger than Crocodile? I don't want an overpowered Strawhat crew but i also don't feel like the Shichibukai are that relevant in the new world. Donflamingo is a different case since he's the #1 in the underground world and Mihawk since it's been stated that he's the strongest swordsman. At this point i feel like the Strawhats real struggle will come at the hands of the yonkou and the many pirate flags beneath them and not the Shichibukai. Not saying taking on Donflamingo will be an easy feat but i don't think it's that far-fetched to believe that Luffy can beat Donflamingo in this arc.
    Well, although DD had help from the Pacifista, he took down Moria - another Shichibukai relatively easy . DD and pre timeskip Croc are incomparable for me. The latter neither having a strong physical body nor haki, aaand...losing to a gearless inexperienced Luffy. Put it this way: If DD was in Croc's situation back then, what would've happened?
    On top of that, the Shichibukai are meant to be a balancing power in the world(according the marines).

Quote Originally Posted by ILL_TBAG_U View Post
    Aokiji did tell Smoker that Donflamingo posed the biggest threat to Sakazuki's vision of the new marines HQ. So it's very plausible that it happens just as you hope. My question is, How strong is Donflamingo really? Can their really be that huge of a disparity in power levels between Shichibukai? Obviously there's always going to be stronger ones and weaker ones but is Donflamingo really that much stronger than Crocodile? I don't want an overpowered Strawhat crew but i also don't feel like the Shichibukai are that relevant in the new world. Donflamingo is a different case since he's the #1 in the underground world and Mihawk since it's been stated that he's the strongest swordsman. At this point i feel like the Strawhats real struggle will come at the hands of the yonkou and the many pirate flags beneath them and not the Shichibukai. Not saying taking on Donflamingo will be an easy feat but i don't think it's that far-fetched to believe that Luffy can beat Donflamingo in this arc.
    First things first, whether you believe Sanji trained to the degree Zoro and Luffy did during the time-skip or if he has lived up to his MT reputation or if he is simply a pushover, the main idea between how Sanji has been performing lately should reflect less on him (though at times, like when he and his party were first captured back in PH and he was unable to kick through the door, he has been disappointing) and more on his opponents everyone seems to be pointing out as "fodder/beatable". Vergo, while true that Sanji should have been able to go literally toe-to-toe with him as he is a leg-based fighter, nonetheless has one of the greatest Armament Hardening Hakis thus shown in OP. Sanji breaking his leg was therefore acceptable and expected, especially when you later consider Smoker struggled with Vergo and only Law ultimately was able to defeat the VA.

Now, with Doflamingo--did anyone really believe Sanji had a chance? Certainly I would have liked to see Sanji get at least one hit in, but he WAS facing DOFLAMINGO. Like someone else mentioned, Doflamingo has a near hacks ability, and one unaware of it will very likely become what Jora metaphorically noted as "the fly ensnared in the spider's web." Therefore, we shouldn't judge what Sanji was incapable of, but what Doflamingo is. In my mind, Doflamingo is one of the top tier pirates in the entire OPverse, and therefore should be on par with many of the names any of us would likewise nominate for that honor. In fact, when considering the Warlords Oda introduced and made to play a heavy role in the first half of the manga, Crocodile, Moria, Hancock, and Jinbei, and their outcomes thereafter, it is understandable that one could delineate who the powerhouses of the faction are and who is more worthy of NW caliber, that being Doflamingo, Kuma, and Mihawk. Of course, Jinbei and Crocodiles post-time skip power shall likely speak for itself soon enough, but for me, Doflamingo is beyond compare and question at this point in the story line for being NW material. Luffy and gang certainly have their will cut out for them this arc.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see Luffy defeat Doflamingo. In fact my spider sense is telling me that after destroying the factory (if they can) they'll try and get away from Dressrosa for a while to regroup and so that Luffy can learn about Doflamingo's DF ability. And when Doflamingo catches up to them the time for their anticipated clash would be at hand. I could see a defeated Doflamingo being finished off by Kaido who then goes after Luffy. Livin' dangerous.