Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    '
    thats why it would be so cool, it's one of those'' strawhat did some crazy badshit again'' moments, besides, if hes gonna become pirate king hes gonna have to start taking out guys like dofla, unless there will be some other timeskip where he gets another powerboost
    Highly doubt Luffy can pull a "crazy badshit" on Doflamingo. He(Dofla) seems to know very well who he is going up against. Also his (Luffy's) journey to become pirate king is long ways considering there's ALOT of things left out...I see Doflamingo as one of the last bosses sort.

Also, Law is presented as an obstacle to Luffy considering he wants One Piece too...so kill two birds with one stone there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykimaruh View Post
    I doubt there will be any face smashing considering that Doflamingo is one of the best Warlords around and having close direct connections to the World Government, I bet he's holding back. As for Law, didn't he get pummeled already? What's the point of getting pummeled again? Either you give up or you win this time around. Sure Luffy might intercept, but highly doubt considering he's too busy in the stadium and one of Blackbeard's guy is there.
    I doubt we could consider that as a direct loss. I mean Law was against both an Admiral and Joker, of course he didn't stand a chance. Not to mention, he wasn't really injured then, so I think he got caught on purpose, as he knew he could escape, and was waiting on Nami and Co to get there. He knews Doflamingo's DF power quite well, so I'm sure he has thought up some way to counter it. He doesn't seem like the dumb type to go in without planning, unlike Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    How does thread interact with rubber? I hope it doesn't hurt luffy to much, maybe just squish him a little. I was really hoping Sanji would do some damage to Doflamingo but I guess he wasn't serious yet or maybe just not strong enough yet, damn I was thinking that by now they would be at least as strong as the shichibukai
    I think Sanji was fighting seriously, in that he was attacking with his all. But don't forget that he failed to injure Vergo, who was Doflamingo's underling, and not even one of the 3 generals, so you can't really expect him to do any better against the big boss. Then, there's also the part where Joker's ability is a bit tricky, and one who doesn't know what it is will be taken down quite easily. If someone like Jozu can be restrained by Joker's strings, then an unaware Sanji can't really do much against it either.

Sanji got owned in all aspects:

-Double diable jambe blocked with a simple knee.
    -The next attack was dodged and countered easily while laughing.
    -Then Sanji's barrage was blocked, this time with his arm/feathered coat!

DD isn't your average Shichibukai, just like Mihawk who had legendary battles with Shanks - a Yonkou. So I don't get why ppl treat them/DD as a mere Shichi(-lvl)! I said it at first and I'll say it again, DD is outside luffy's league...for now. I don't see him going down this arc because beating DD will make the NW a walk in the park.

I'm more interested in block D and Luffy/Zoro!!!

^ Fair point
    The main aim for the strawhats and Law on Dressrosa seems to be to destroy the factory and to prevent Ceasar falling back into Dofla's clutches. I have a feeling the rest of this arc will see the tournament ended when the factory underneath it is destroyed, forcing Luffy and the rest of the crew to get on board the Sunny and flee for now. It would be a bit cheap if Luffy simply won the tournement and then pummeled Doflamingo as if it were nothing - he is definitely the trickiest antagonist they've faced so far. I'm curious how long it will take Kaido to show up if and when the factory is blown up. Considering how much Kaido's been hyped and how little has been revealed about him I can't wait until he enters the fray, even if he's been built up as someone on Whitebeard's level who supposedly makes Doflamingo seem like a walk in the park. :-D so much to look forward to

One Piece

Awesome chapter, damn Sanji is that all you can do to Doflamingo. There's probably going be another timeskip near the end of this story. Doflamingo is definitely going down this arc along with his monster trio. There's a lot of action for Luffy coming up, can't wait to see this arc unfold. I doubt kaido is going to show up this soon.

I doubt there's going to be another time arc soon. There's really no one out there who can train them, so from here on, it's actual combat experience that will see them improve. As I see it now though, If Luffy and Zoro teamed up, they might be able to deal with Dofla, but solo, it's going to be too hard. I would expect the 3 generals under Dofla to be as strong as Luffy and Zoro now. Considering how the number of generals, and the number of monsters on SH's crew match up, then you can kinda see where that is going.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Doflamingo is definitely going down this arc along with his monster trio. There's a lot of action for Luffy coming up, can't wait to see this arc unfold. I doubt kaido is going to show up this soon.
    What are the odds? I could see his monster trio going down especially Diamante (Luffy revenging Rebecca) but DD himself? I seriously doubt.

We have Dofla, his monster trio and gang+Admiral Fujitora and his 3000 Marines+Cp0 VS Law, Luffy , Zoro, Franky, Robin, Ussop, the 2-3 samurais, dwarven army and potentially Bartolomeo, Don Chinjao, Violet and Rebecca. They are heavily outnumbered and DD seems to have more firepower on his side. The only thing I really see happening is the destruction of the factory then escape the island and wait for a Kaido introduction!

guess now that u mention it , this seem like the most logical outcome for the kaido introduction, even tho i still want some ''mugiwara epic moment''

Btw wonder what whitebeard crew is up to?

I have to say my favourite part of this weeks chapter was the sequence where Law redirects the meteor onto the hull (using the middle finger) and then Fujitora's complete lack of concern was priceless, he didn't even stop eating. interesting that he's so keen to go back to Dressrosa, I hope it is so that he can snoop into Doflamingo's business rather than go after the strawhats who aren't on the sunny. Fujitora seems to be one of the few navy higher ups that doesn't have an absurdly corrupted concept of justice so perhaps the whole thing about Doflamingo aiding and abetting one of the yonko might be something he won't look the other way on. I guess what I'm hoping is that when he finds proof about Dofla's relationship with Kaido he will inadvertently help the strawhats and inform the Akainu and the Navy top brass leading to Doflamingo being formally expelled from the Shichibukai.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_exe View Post
    I have to say my favourite part of this weeks chapter was the sequence where Law redirects the meteor onto the hull (using the middle finger) and then Fujitora's complete lack of concern was priceless, he didn't even stop eating. interesting that he's so keen to go back to Dressrosa, I hope it is so that he can snoop into Doflamingo's business rather than go after the strawhats who aren't on the sunny. Fujitora seems to be one of the few navy higher ups that doesn't have an absurdly corrupted concept of justice so perhaps the whole thing about Doflamingo aiding and abetting one of the yonko might be something he won't look the other way on. I guess what I'm hoping is that when he finds proof about Dofla's relationship with Kaido he will inadvertently help the strawhats and inform the Akainu and the Navy top brass leading to Doflamingo being formally expelled from the Shichibukai.
    Aokiji did tell Smoker that Donflamingo posed the biggest threat to Sakazuki's vision of the new marines HQ. So it's very plausible that it happens just as you hope. My question is, How strong is Donflamingo really? Can their really be that huge of a disparity in power levels between Shichibukai? Obviously there's always going to be stronger ones and weaker ones but is Donflamingo really that much stronger than Crocodile? I don't want an overpowered Strawhat crew but i also don't feel like the Shichibukai are that relevant in the new world. Donflamingo is a different case since he's the #1 in the underground world and Mihawk since it's been stated that he's the strongest swordsman. At this point i feel like the Strawhats real struggle will come at the hands of the yonkou and the many pirate flags beneath them and not the Shichibukai. Not saying taking on Donflamingo will be an easy feat but i don't think it's that far-fetched to believe that Luffy can beat Donflamingo in this arc.