Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ...which didn't really add anything.

Btw, am I the only one wondering where Askin Nakk Le Vaar went? Did he just waltz out?

Here's something interesting to think about: Ichigo is the true threat to the Quincies by his very existence. Bach yanked all the life/powers out of the halfblood Quincies when he revived, as well as others deemed to not be pure (Masaki for example), which means all the Quincies in existence are tied together to him via their power. This would include Ichigo, due to his mother. But Ichigo also has Hollow powers. I think that this means that Ichigo could actually poison all of the Quincies with his Hollow energy. This would also help explain why Bach wanted Ichigo on his side, to prevent this from happening.

To sum things up its a 3 way ouroboro. Shinigami's Keep Hollows At Bay, Quncies Keep Shinigami at bay, and Hollow's Keep Quncies at Bay.
    I like that! And considering that Quincies can subjugate and disassemble the reishi that Shinigami are made of, Hollows can outright poison and destroy the souls of Quincy, and Shinigami can completely purify Hollows into nonexistence, your wheel seems pretty legit.

And yeah, I assume that's why Bach had an arrancar experiment with taking Ichigo's Bankai. Just in case it actually worked.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    The only problem I have with this solution is that Quincy have tried to steal Ichigo's bankai and FAILED. It wasn't that they could do it but it was poison and they decided not to, they literally tried to steal it but were physically unable. There must be something else going on here, at least with respect to Ichigo's powers.
    Perhaps there is a safe mechanism within that Medallion that cancel the process when it recognizes Hollowification of the Bankai ? Perhaps the only reason why it was worth trying to steal his Bankai, while Vizards not (well it's not like they had the chance to use it, since Shinigami quickly forbid themselves from using it after to what happened to the young captains), is because of his Quincy and Human heritage beside the one of Shinigami and Hollow.

The reason why Quincy don't have antibodies for Hollows, might be because Quincy might have existed even before Hollows appeared. They might have slept in similar manner like Bach, until they awakened in the world of the current SK. Maybe it's more simple, like the Balancers (or whatever was the actual real term for the Shinigami) at the time of the previous SK did a better job of keeping the world clean of Hollows and thus Quincy never needed to develop those antibodies in the first place. The fact that Quincy have the ability to hibernate for so long is a bit strange in itself.

I have to wonder if Bankai poisoning them really makes that much sense, I mean Bach seemingly without any problems have drawn out Masaki's Quincy power, without drawing her Hollow parts with it, so shouldn't Quincy also be able to separate the Hollow part from the Shinigami one ? Or was Masaki's power parts more separated than Hitsugaya's current Bankai, or some other strange reason ? In the first place shouldn't Quincy be able to reconstruct and adapt the Bankai to their own needs and power, thus eliminating any link with the Shinigami and removing whatever parts that they don't like (they supposedly posses total dominance over spirit particles) ?

Then again, basing on Mayuri's wording after Uryu entered the Final Mode and that the Complete Mode is supposedly and advanced from of the Final Mode, they only gain total dominance when they are in those mods, since normally it is simply subjugation to certain extend. Meaning that it make sense that they get hurt and can't do anything when they are normal, but they can do something about it when they are in their special forms (like Opie fusing with a Hollow-thing-Arrancar parts). This might mean that they won't be able to steal anymore Bankais, but it also might mean that the ones already stolen, might be potentially used differently (like fusing with them in the Complete Holy Form).

Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    ok. i get why ichigo and his sisters didn't die when bach awoke....but ishida??????....i want to know what's up with him....and if his father might end up fighting his son...
    Miau, Miau, Miau.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Uyru, is 75% Qunicy, but was able to survive Bach's Non-Pure Genocide. The reason I think is because the purity of blood might suggest that he's more closely related to Bach then the others. If you remember his Grandpa was the leader sorta. Meaning he had a high quality of Bach's DNA, Which is something Bach might not be able to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I have to wonder if Bankai poisoning them really makes that much sense, I mean Bach seemingly without any problems have drawn out Masaki's Quincy power, without drawing her Hollow parts with it, so shouldn't Quincy also be able to separate the Hollow part from the Shinigami one? Or was Masaki's power parts more separated than Hitsugaya's current Bankai, or some other strange reason? In the first place shouldn't Quincy be able to reconstruct and adapt the Bankai to their own needs and power, thus eliminating any link with the Shinigami and removing whatever parts that they don't like (they supposedly posses total dominance over spirit particles) ?
    If think the reason he was able to steal Masaki's power without drawing out the hollow part was because Isshan's soul was keeping it tied up. So Isshan was keeping it at bay leaving Masaki's power alone (hence why she could still do Quincy techniques and why he thought Grand Fisher was no problem for her). So Bach was able to attack just the Quincy power since the Shinigami power was keeping the Hollow power at bay. At least that is what I remember
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

Bach seemed to take down the Third Espada pretty easy... and why didn't he kill her. I think Bach is Unique, I don't think Hollows effect him. Just look at all the Espada's and other Hollow's Uyru faced without issues. Kubo really didn't asspull stuff, I think he well plan it. That might change with more chapters coming out, but so far it seems everything fits, but what I'm wondering is how they defeated Bach all those years ago and instead of killing him... they sealed him.

Quote Originally Posted by hikonami View Post
    ok. i get why ichigo and his sisters didn't die when bach awoke....but ishida??????....i want to know what's up with him....and if his father might end up fighting his son...
    Maybe its because Ishida lost his quincy powers before AKA Bach's powers, then he got shot in the heart and got his own powers to activate, I think Ryuken knows so much about how to activate powers because he did it to himself already, meaning he will still be a quincy and possibly be able to fight with Uryuu or against Uryuu
    A pie in the sky?

Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by hikonami View Post
    Actually it wasn't explained yet, to why Ichigo and his sisters were OK. Normally, they should have been stripped off the little power of Quincy they have and died immediately, or after falling into a coma. If we are going to take Bach's words, regarding him being unable to suck out only Ishida, as the truth, it would mean that he didn't even try to suck them dry, perhaps he was looking forward to seeing a Shinigami x Quincy hybrid.

The Ishida clan is made of Pure Quinces (beside Uryu and his mother), so Bach seemingly didn't even try to suck out Pure Quinces, thought he didn't say that he couldn't. Heck Ishin even mentioned that he seemingly used some random standards and simply sucked away power from those that wouldn't follow him or simply deemed impure, this point hasn't been yet verified.

If we assume that the plot of naming Uryu as the next emperor basing on his power to resist Bach has some truth to it and that Bach actually can suck Pure Quincy, also that he wasn't following any set standard but own opinion, it would mean that Ishida household should have been annihilated. Yes, you heard it right, the reason are as follow:
    - first of Souken denied the current Quincy's progress, which Bach obviously supported,
    - Souken believed that neither the Quincy nor the Shinigami were right and didn't want to see any more bloodshed between them,
    - Ryuken broke a few taboos... (teamed up with a Shinigami, left alone a dangerous partially hollowified Quincy, married and mated with an impure Quincy, denied the Quincy's ways at some point),
    - Kanae - she was an impure Quincy,
    - Uryu - he also was an impure Quincy.

Really, if what Bach said is true and all other implications as well, then only Uryu should have survived from the Ishida family, unless it is the blood of the Ishida household that allows them to resist Bach and not only Uryu. The other options is that Ishin's implications were false and Bach is actually unable to suck dry Pure Quincy.