Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Is this all just Hype or poor translation.

Spoiler!

Coming into contact with a Hollow will do WHAT? Why is Ishida still alive?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post

Spoiler!

Who cares? The two smartest characters in Bleach both HAVE STRIPES.

Quote Originally Posted by Approx01 View Post
    Who cares? The two smartest characters in Bleach both HAVE STRIPES.
    I care. I love Bleach and want to have an uncorrupted understanding of the Story.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Spoiler!

Maybe it's because Ishida's mum is not a pure quincy and because of that it could balance out the hollow presence?

Spoiler!

Has anyone noticed the difference between these pills and coming into direct contact with a Hollow? ...Going by Masaki's incident she came into direct contact with a Hollow and the poison only started to affect her the next day around 24hs later (which could explain why Opie was alright after absorbing Ayon) but these pills appear to be more potent and take affect immediately.

Regarding Ishida, remember Inoue healed him. Inoue's healing ability reverses matter to it's original state, meaning not only would Ishida's wounds be healed but also remove any traces of a Hollow's power.

Spoiler!

The amount of possibilities why Ishida is still alive is not so small, since:
    - the thing that he has that resisted Bach, can perhaps also resist the Hollow Virus/Poison/Power/Thing and all outer interference in total,
    - Ishida is not a pure Quincy and thus already has antibodies,
    - a certain amount of Ishida's internal organs were replaced with those made by Kurotsuchi, which quite likely also contained antibodies against Hollows,
    - he was always healed by Orihime, which reverses events surpassing simple time manipulation and denying God's Will,
    - he never made a direct contact with a pure hollow, since Arrancars already should have the Hollow part balanced a bit with their Shinigami part, thus disabling the poison,
    - Ryuken came up with a vaccine that protect the Quincy and already injected it into his son while he was young, without telling him (I can see him dedicating quite a bit of his time to create something like that after what happened with Masaki),
    - other.

What I'm more interested in is why Quincy doesn't have those antibodies in the first place, as well as if perhaps the Hollow's true purpose is to cleanse/eliminate foreign beings from the dimensions that are under the current SK, since it was already shown that some clans survived from the old world (like the Dog Clan). Similar thing could have been with the Quincy.

This would mean that Hollows are actually a biological weapons used to wipe out aliens, other worldly creatures and the like, while Shinigami simply exist to prevent this biological weapons from going out of control.

To sum things up its a 3 way ouroboro. Shinigami's Keep Hollows At Bay, Quncies Keep Shinigami at bay, and Hollow's Keep Quncies at Bay. I wonder if there was Arrancars in the first war, and that's why the Quncies lost. The SR, is a elite task force, that have special abillites, the other Quncies are just tools. Most of the Lower class died or abandon Bach besides the SR, and when Bach was sealed, the Quncies hid. I wonder Hollows, Shinigamis and Quncies were races that lived in Soul Society. Due to the "Great War" Shinigamis were the victors, and the Hollows were nothing but there "former-selves", and some Quncies fled to Earth while the Hollow fled to HM.

The only problem I have with this solution is that Quincy have tried to steal Ichigo's bankai and FAILED. It wasn't that they could do it but it was poison and they decided not to, they literally tried to steal it but were physically unable. There must be something else going on here, at least with respect to Ichigo's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    The only problem I have with this solution is that Quincy have tried to steal Ichigo's bankai and FAILED. It wasn't that they could do it but it was poison and they decided not to, they literally tried to steal it but were physically unable. There must be something else going on here, at least with respect to Ichigo's powers.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it was an arrancar that tried to steal Ichigo's bankai
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!