Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    LOL, We shoulda had a Poll on this Chapter. Seem to me this would have been the worst rated Chapter of Naruto in quite a while. Guess I too have felt that way about some chapters.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    stick to ya guns PaulB! Synopsis of what you said earlier. With the culmination of the series at large, this wasn't a horrible chapter. Not Great, but not "did he even try this chapter?" either. In "Real-time" these events are understandable. Cheesy, but financially forgivable and semi-realistic.....with the exception being that none of this is realistic!

Come-on, every crew has that "c'mon Lets do this!!!" guy. He's usually the first person to get beat up, but still he exist. That's Hashirama except he's the best of the best, so he can have cheesy lines. If Bruce Lee ever said "Everybody lets give it our all!!" as cheesy as it sounds, I'd say "well shit.......I'ma give it "ALL" of these few punches and after that I'm tired, but I'ma try.....I will try......only because its you Hashirama....My stamina not what it used to be, my knee is bad, my back hurts, for f#cks sake you're gotd@mn zombie a$$hole this doesn't affect you!

Yay, Shikamaru is alive!!! R.I.P.........Neji, that was his name I remember now, the only casualty of this war! Poor Neji. Is it Karma that he told Naruto what he told him about destiny? Or..................was it Kubo saying...well somebody got to die???

My only knock is that he could have had more panels of Naruto screaming at Obito, who wouldn't love that? Apparently ninja don't use stealth anymore. Or yes, one or two panels of Saskue's eyeball wouldn't have hurt, gotta love those tomes.

Kakashi!

Edit: I feel bad cause I called Kishi, Kubo. I do that a lot, but don't mean to. It's the "K". Anyway's It's sad Naruto is about to end. I wish Kishi did it like Stan Lee...allow writers to come in and expand on other character's. He had a great run though
    Last edited by Daemon Spade; 10-02-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Beer and Music
    http://readms.com/r/naruto/649/2084/19

Raikage: Let's bring the ruckus, guys!

Am I the only one who thought about this as soon as I read that line?

Also, lmao@ the majority on here being asspain'd because of this chapter.

@Daemon Spade,

I still do love the chapter as I had said, but as an elder statesman I see no value in pushing my views too hard over something I do for fun. And Yes, these sort of expressions of approval that Naruto is receiving are quite okay in the context of the final chapters of the series.

Funny I never realized you had called Kishi Kubo, until you said so.

Im glad im not the only one who sees the significance in these chapters. Kishimoto is not out to milk his series for money by needlessly extending chapters. Dragon Ball Z once ended a long time ago, but the creators make tons of money off the series each year. The same could easily go for Naruto if thats really all he cared for. He likes to please his fans with fan service, that much i will not deny, but there is always an underlying purpose in his works that arent always revealed right away. Some don't reveal themselves for years, but these last few chapters certainly had significant purpose.

For the first time in history, the ninja world truly is one. It went from a few people knowing his story and his pain, to every ninja on that battlefield knowing his past and his suffering. It is because of this that not just a few key ninja accept Naruto as a vital piece in the worlds future, but every ninja on the front lines sees him in the same light. People from all over the world, uniting and fighting together as brothers, and not adversaries. This dream has been passed on through the ages, never to be realized until today. Evil forces forced the hands of the ninja around the world to temporarily join together to defeat a greater evil, but now a boy named Naruto has become the glue that unites all of the puzzle pieces, and brings them together to become one.

Naruto is fulfilling the dreams and wills of many ninja who came before, and many who will come after. I love some good action, but I can thoroughly appreciate the message Kishimoto is trying to portray. It is one of the many reasons why I.Love.This.Manga..!

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    There is a huge difference in my mind between the acknowledgement of Naruto in this Chapter, and the one after the pain battle.

To me Naruto recieved some acknowledgement as a Hero of the Leaf Village, but he was still a Subordinate that They Needed to Keep and eye on, control and even confine. Danzo still thought of Naruto as a tool, the vessel of the Kyuubi that he would someday exploit. The villagers had lost their fear of him, true, yet Yamato still thought of him as an Idiot, and the alliance confined him a to a floating Island-Turtle prison. Naruto could not leave the Village without his handlers, Yamato and Kakashi. And when Naruto came back from the fight with Sasuke who had Just Killed Danzo, his Classmates reacted like this:-

Spoiler!

Respectful, Yes. Deferring, No

The village may have seen him as a hero, but certainly not as a Hokage. The Kages didn't think much of Naruto either.

Today on the Other hand everybody thinks he is BOSS, and this chapter was pivotal, Naruto is now not only a Hero, but he is trully loved and respected (No More BAKKA), and Everyone. Uzumaki Naruto is now being openly compared with Hashirama, Wow! even the Raikage acknowledges him as Hokage Materia and compares him with Hashiramal. Before this the only person who ever thought of Naruto this way was maybe Tsunade, if my memory serves me well, and maybe Kakashi too.

Everyone has their own impression of the chapter, this reminds me of the Six Blind Men Of Hindustan poem. Maybe Kishi is drawing it out a little, but I doubt that anyone can quibble that Naruto's Classmates have from now on accepted him as their leader and next hokage. I don't believe that ever happened before this chapter.
    You made some very valid points PB. I agree with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    Eh, there's a slow build and then there's stagnation and Kishi is wandering ever closer to that border. I also hate, absolutely hate how impermanent death is in this manga, I mean, fuck all they didn't even wait a month before they brought him back. The Five Kage have been reduced to rallying points, doing nothing more than has already been done by the appointing of Captains or by Naruto & the 1st already.

This chapter just meandered through the wilderness, a true disappointment.

Well now I can't deny that Naruto like other shounen manga is a little death shy, what with characters surviving things that would be lethal for those of us who exist in the real world. However there is a certain shounen manga, one of the big three that I won't mention by name that is much more death shy than Naruto. It has had characters frequently survive attacks and wounds that really should be lethal even in a fantasy world, things like being slashed in the throat with a sword, being crushed between a golden bell and a giant golden sphere, being launched miles away into the ocean (for characters who can't swim and are like hammers in water, how can they possibly not drown before someone comes to rescue them), etcetera.
    Even though Naruto has had it's fair share of revivals Kabuto's edo tensei frenzy drove home how many characters have genuinely died in since part one. Heck Zabuza and Haku died fairly early in the series.

As for everyone saying that Naruto is close to being concluded, I would have to say
    hC0B647C5.jpg
    It's one thing to win a war but winning the peace is another matter altogether. Just ask a certain imbecile head of state who waged two unnecessary wars in the previous decade that dragged on and became an embarrassment. What I'm getting at is that I sense a timeskip which shows the Naruto-verse where Naruto is Hokage but deals with the challenges of preventing the world around him from returning to it's previously divided state when there is no longer a common enemy threatening everyone's existence. Sasuke's already been mooted as the next Madara, so really the possibility of Naruto: the hokage chronicles depends on whether Sasuke decides to return to the leaf and not be an asshole or to turn his back on Naruto and the leaf and to seek a path to peace that uses force to get a consensus. Orochimaru is back in the picture so with him to whisper evil nothings into Sasuke's ears, so hijinks are bound to happen.

I realize that we each come from different backgrounds, setting, and even countries, so we will naturally see things differently. For me personally, I don't care for too much dying, and realism, Not that I can't handle it, but I have seen quite enough of this in Realty, therefor I prefer less in my fun activities.

I agree with Bluntman's comment and his references to death scenes we saw in naruto. For me the anime version of Sandaime's funeral was rather touching, I also became teary eyed when Asuma and Jiraiya died.
    After all is said and done we are all passengers on this bus and our driver Kishi will take us where he wants to go. I just hope that all of us will have a more or less satisfactory ending to this Tale that we have been following for so very long.

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I agree with Bluntman's comment and his references to death scenes we saw in naruto. For me the anime version of Sandaime's funeral was rather touching, I also became teary eyed when Asuma and Jiraiya died.
    After all is said and done we are all passengers on this bus and our driver Kishi will take us where he wants to go. I just hope that all of us will have a more or less satisfactory ending to this Tale that we have been following for so very long.
    I don't watch Naruto because, after that first animation quality drop just annoyed me (I believe it was around when Sasuke was first forming Snake), and from there I just started reading it. But even some manga events have given me the feels. It sucked when Jiraiya died (being one of my favorites and all), but what made me teary eyed was when Tsunade and the rest broke the news to Naruto. His reaction was pretty depressing. Reminded me of how I reacted towards my grandma passing away. It was shocking.

Asuma dying also sucked. He was awesome.

Sasuke's reaction towards learning the truth about Itachi (when Obito told him), gave me the feels too.

I think Neji's Death Scene was brushed off to soon, it wasn't that sad, it was WAY to short in my opinion.