Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    After the Dragon War and Igneel's inability to destroy E.N.D (and Acnologia? Zeref? who knows), Atlas Flame created the Sun Village and became it's guardian. Around 400 years later, a man came to the Sun Village, Atlas Flame mistook the man for something else (it's possible that Atlas himself first acted aggressively since he mistook him for something else, he doesn't mention for what) and the man himself, mistook Atlas Flame for a "Demon" and proceeded to annihilate the "Demon" along with freezing the village.
    So why the talk of the world being covered with Ice
    Spoiler!

Or the world changing to Ice?

Spoiler!

I suppose it was done to emphasize Atlas' addled memories.
    Last edited by paulbee; 09-27-2013 at 06:12 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

^ Because the world literally turned into Ice before his eyes, by the Silver's magic. Everything that was in his spectrum of vision, have been turned into an ice land.

The first thing one should first understand, is that this is a village, but this not a humans village, it is a Village of Giants, thus it's quite likely even bigger than human towns, since every building and street were made for the Giant's size and not humans.

Not to mention that mountains around the village also got frozen.

In other words, the amount of power that Siver posses is immense, he not only slew a Dragon, but even turned a big amount of land into pure ice. Compared to Ul, who was considered to be at the level of the 10 Saint Wizards, was only able freeze one Demon, the Absolute Zero must be at level of the top 4 Saints, or even stronger than that.

Edit:

Of course, saying that he is stronger than Ul, who was considered on the level of the 10 Saints Wizards, is pretty safe. Everything else, no to so much.

First of, from the Skiadrum's and Weisslogia's example, we know that Dragons can get sick and old, which might result with their power rapidly dropping (though it wasn't said that they have become weaker, only that they didn't have much time left to life, IIRC). Similar thing might have become with Atlas Flame, who might have been injured in the war, or simply became weaker in time.

A whole other case is that he was acting as a Guardian Dragon, along with the fact that Silver's magic seemingly works very similar to Iced Shell, which means that like Atlas Flame, every thing else should be dead or slowly dying in that ice, which turned out that only Atlas died. It's quite possible, that Atlas, acting as a Guardian, used his power to protect every living thing in the village that was blessed by him, which in turn would explain why plants and giants are alright, yet Atlas being the only dead one.
    Last edited by Zero; 09-27-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ^ Because the world literally turned into Ice before his eyes, by the Silver's magic. Everything that was in his spectrum of vision, have been turned into an ice land.

The first thing one should first understand, is that this is a village, but this not a humans village, it is a Village of Giants, thus it's quite likely even bigger than human towns, since every building and street were made for the Giant's size and not humans.

Not to mention that mountains around the village also got frozen.

In other words, the amount of power that Siver posses is immense, he not only slew a Dragon, but even turned a big amount of land into pure ice. Compared to Ul, who was considered to be at the level of the 10 Saint Wizards, was only able freeze one Demon, the Absolute Zero must be at level of the top 4 Saints, or even stronger than that.

Edit:

Of course, saying that he is stronger than Ul, who was considered on the level of the 10 Saints Wizards, is pretty safe. Everything else, no to so much.

First of, from the Skiadrum's and Weisslogia's example, we know that Dragons can get sick and old, which might result with their power rapidly dropping (though it wasn't said that they have become weaker, only that they didn't have much time left to life, IIRC). Similar thing might have become with Atlas Flame, who might have been injured in the war, or simply became weaker in time.

A whole other case is that he was acting as a Guardian Dragon, along with the fact that Silver's magic seemingly works very similar to Iced Shell, which means that like Atlas Flame, every thing else should be dead or slowly dying in that ice, which turned out that only Atlas died. It's quite possible, that Atlas, acting as a Guardian, used his power to protect every living thing in the village that was blessed by him, which in turn would explain why plants and giants are alright, yet Atlas being the only dead one.
    You know, I don't think Silver actually slew Atlas Flame, otherwise he would've froze Atlas Flame's actual physical form not the eternal flame he left behind. I think Atlas Flame spirit was there just observing much like Mavis during the Tenrou Ark, unless Silver can summon spirits like Wendy I don't think they had any confrontation.

Another thing is Atlas Flame melted his ice magic in his spirit form with what little magic he had left, if he was there alive like during the GMG I'm sure it would've went the other. I think Atlas died since the inception of the village, he probably sacrificed himself to create that eternal flame and keep his spirit intact to act as a guardian.

P.S. is it just me that noticed the giants don't have a clue what happened, it's like they weren't aware Silver froze their entire village.

I'm starting to wonder if there a "Dark Version of the Wizard Saints" for the Dark Guilds. And Silver is one of them, and he might be related to Grey, his look, his name and his magic are VERY close.I still wonder why Natsu had to give Atlas his fire to help him out since its Milky Way anyways I thought they couldn't do anything since its a ghost form. I predict they're might be a series of Slayer Magics, We have yet to see a Ice Dragon Slayer or Ice God Slayer Magic. Also Why does Silver hate or he demons if he's apart of an dark guild XD.

Well, if we take into consideration Atla's words that he mistook Silver for something else than a human, Silver words about eating the demons and the fact that he belongs to a powerful dark guild, it might mean that Silver is not fully human.

[QUOTE=kiduka;1334497]You know, I don't think Silver actually slew Atlas Flame, otherwise he would've froze Atlas Flame's actual physical form not the eternal flame he left behind. I think Atlas Flame spirit was there just observing much like Mavis during the Tenrou Ark, unless Silver can summon spirits like Wendy I don't think they had any confrontation.

Another thing is Atlas Flame melted his ice magic in his spirit form with what little magic he had left, if he was there alive like during the GMG I'm sure it would've went the other. I think Atlas died since the inception of the village, he probably sacrificed himself to create that eternal flame and keep his spirit intact to act as a guardian.

P.S. is it just me that noticed the giants don't have a clue what happened, it's like they weren't aware Silver froze their entire village.[/QUOTE

Well Atlas says that he continued to burn strong for 400 years, this means that 400 years later something happened (Silver came) and he no longer could burn strong. It sounds more like his way of saying that he survived all this time (which is quite something seeing as most Dragons died 400 years ago and not many survived).

The phrase "I am... not longer of this world... but that is something from distant past..." might be because of his memories deteriorating and the fact the he doesn't know for how long was he frozen (we don't really know how long ago was Atlas frozen, but seeing as even Wendy says: "by being frozen from Ice Magic for so long", might actually mean that it might even been a decade ago, since supposedly Flare was young when she left the village).

Atlas was most likely alive, because he was conscious this whole time even without the Milky Way. He does mention that he have seen the man and mistook for something else and the man did the same, he even knows that Silver took down the whole village along with him ("a single human... changed the world to Ice").

Also, if Atlas wasn't alive, then what would be the point of hunting a dead "Demon" ?

We don't know exactly how Silver's magic works, but Atlas mention that he froze the village to erase him. It's possible that he froze the village because he know that most of Atla's magic will go to guarding the villages, thus leaving him vulnerable. The other possibility is that the magic was simply that powerful, that the after effect, or splash effect, also froze the villagers, while the main portion hit Atlas.

Atlas was on the verge of death anyways, his life span might be up. I'm not sure but are the dragons mortal or immortal within the series? I think Milky Way put Atlas in a state where he could talk. Milky Way power is still kinda vague on information. What's with all these Dark Guilds XD. I seriously think there might be a Evil Version of the Wizard Saints, because some of these people are really Over Powered.