• Average

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Awful

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Atlas is Very much alive. Natsu heard his voice Long before Wendy tried to sense him, and Wendy never invoked her Milky Way Technique, which if you recall has a specific and involved method of invocation.

Spoiler!
    I say Atlas is not alive because up until now they were referring to him as the Eternal Flame instead of "Atlas Flame" and the manga itself was referring to his spirit being revived and regarding Wendy's Milky Way if you notice she does that hand seal, she probably mastered it to the point where she doesn't need to draw up that magic circle.

I don't know maybe he is alive, I need to see next week's chapter to be certain.

That giant will have one painful bump when he gets revived :lol:

Hi Kiduka,

As you no doubt noticed, almost every past even relating to Acnologia and Zeref happened 400rs ago, his was true of the recent Dimatou Enbu, same with the Dragon Graveyard, and it is also true of he Eternal Flame. It is no a surprise tha Alas Was being referred to as he Eternal flame to me. All that could be seen of him afterall was his flame, and i seemed o burn eternally.

Something big and bad happened, that wiped out most of he Dragons, and it probably harmed Atlas also, only that his flame did not extinguish. I say that the reason he was called he Eternal flame was simply because those who named him such only saw his flame, and did no realise who or what he was. If he was a spirit, how could he have a flame that interacted with living things, and was freezable? Also, remember that Natsu Already heard his voice even before Wendy did anything at all.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

It's also possible that Atlas Flame was resting or in some sort of state where his movement was limited during those 400 years. In conjunction with the idea of the Dragon's disappearance several years ago, it opens a lot of possible explanations for what's going to happen.

Well the Dragon was certainly not sleeping, perhaps resting, but not sleeping, since it acted as a Guardian for the village, as well as was giving blessing to the village's inhabitants (that consisted also of humans). From the looks of it, the event of meeting with Natsu Dragneel in the past-future-thing-, must have made him come to the side of the pro-human dragon faction, which seemingly won (the humans are alive, while Dragons not so much).

Atlas might know what happened with the Dragons 14 years ago, perhaps if it turns out that he was in a weakened state after the war and regenerating, the same might be true for others.

Also, the Dragon said that "it's been 400 years...son of Igneel...", but which Son of Igneel is he referring to ? To the one that he met at the time-shift in the tournament, or the one that Zeref was referencing ?

Zeref, that was asleep all this time and was seemingly active about 400 years ago, clearly knows Natsu, yet Natsu doesn't seem to know/remember Zeref. It's possible that Natsu will be again time-shifted, perhaps to the war against Dragons. What's more, there is a possibility that Acnologia's true identity might actually be Natsu Dragneel, well it would have been quite a fun twist :p. After all, Acnologia as a Human is shown bathed in flames:
    Spoiler!

it's possible that this was more than a mere play to save the kingdom, but perhaps a foreshadowing as well:
    Spoiler!

Also, Acnologia's breath attack seemingly having properties of raw energy like Etherion and that Natsu himself ate the Etherion and also Natsu being one of few DS's to combine different elements, might also have been a hint... or not, who knows .

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Well the Dragon was certainly not sleeping, perhaps resting, but not sleeping, since it acted as a Guardian for the village, as well as was giving blessing to the village's inhabitants (that consisted also of humans). From the looks of it, the event of meeting with Natsu Dragneel in the past-future-thing-, must have made him come to the side of the pro-human dragon faction, which seemingly won (the humans are alive, while Dragons not so much).

Atlas might know what happened with the Dragons 14 years ago, perhaps if it turns out that he was in a weakened state after the war and regenerating, the same might be true for others.

Also, the Dragon said that "it's been 400 years...son of Igneel...", but which Son of Igneel is he referring to ? To the one that he met at the time-shift in the tournament, or the one that Zeref was referencing ?

Zeref, that was asleep all this time and was seemingly active about 400 years ago, clearly knows Natsu, yet Natsu doesn't seem to know/remember Zeref. It's possible that Natsu will be again time-shifted, perhaps to the war against Dragons. What's more, there is a possibility that Acnologia's true identity might actually be Natsu Dragneel, well it would have been quite a fun twist :p. After all, Acnologia as a Human is shown bathed in flames:
    Spoiler!

it's possible that this was more than a mere play to save the kingdom, but perhaps a foreshadowing as well:
    Spoiler!

Also, Acnologia's breath attack seemingly having properties of raw energy like Etherion and that Natsu himself ate the Etherion and also Natsu being one of few DS's to combine different elements, might also have been a hint... or not, who knows .
    Well, I certainly hope that They don't turn Natsu into Acknologia. Apart from my personal bias, Natsu's character and personality just doesn't match. This does not rule out an unpleasant twist though.

On another note, do we have any clues as to who the character on the right is?
    Spoiler!

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

^ Nope, though most people bet that he is Dreyar, well he does look a bit like Laxus, so he might really be Laxu's great grandfather. Plus when Hades saw Laxus, he was more terrified of Laxus than Mavis, thought he called him a brat:
    Spoiler!
    then again the man in this flashback (in paul's post) does look much younger than Precht.

BTW, is anyone interested in the meanings behind the Dragon's names (most, if not all of them have one and they are often made from multiple languages ) ?

For example Vicelogia might be properly written as Wei▀logia, being made out from the German word wei▀ - white and the Greek work logia - oracle, thus "Weisslogia" meaning "White Oracle" (basically they are written the way how a Japanese person would read them, rather than how they are written).

Acnologia might be properly written as Aku no Logia, being made from the the Japanese word aku - evil and the Greek word logia - oracle, thus "Akunolgia" meaning "Evil Oracle".
    Last edited by Zero; 09-22-2013 at 07:54 AM.