Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Current top 5 strongest living ninjas?

I was browing youtube vids and somehow ended up watching top 5/10/20 strongest character-list videos.
    Though they all contain characters that are revived with edo tensei & also dead ones.

So I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on this subject.

Who do you guys believe to be the 5 strongest living ninjas?

To be honest, this list is pretty obvious. Obito, Naruto, Sasuke, Kabuto, and Orochimaru. Bee, Kakashi, Guy, and Onoki are all up there, but all are well below the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    To be honest, this list is pretty obvious. Obito, Naruto, Sasuke, Kabuto, and Orochimaru. Bee, Kakashi, Guy, and Onoki are all up there, but all are well below the top 5.
    Pretty much. I mean Jyubito is stronger than Edo Hashirama, which makes him the strongest not only now, but even in the generation of ninja villages beginnings.

Naruto, well he proved to be the strongest living Jinchuriki after Obito, so yeah.

Orochimaru, well seeing as he now has a powerful body, which almost certainly can withstand sage mode (since Hashirama himself can), him being way more experience than Kabuto, plus the fact that he technically has 3 of the 5 Hokages in his arsenal, makes him quite a foe.

Kabuto, well being a Sage is quite something, even for Itachi. With his sensing powers, wide spectrum of jutsus and kekkei genkais, he might prove quite a foe. Let's also not forget about his wide range of Edo Zombies under his command.

Sasuke, well maybe higher, hard to say, depends on what his perfect Susuanoo can actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    I was browing youtube vids and somehow ended up watching top 5/10/20 strongest character-list videos.
    Though they all contain characters that are revived with edo tensei & also dead ones.

So I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on this subject.

Who do you guys believe to be the 5 strongest living ninjas?
    The problem when answering this question is that the list is always changing as characters get new power ups and new information is made available. Also, there is the question of who is stronger in what way. For example, each character has distinct strengths and weaknesses so while they might be strong against one type of enemy they might be weak against another. Just as Water>Fire>Wind>Lightening>Earth. It isn't necessarily a linear list.

With that being said, there are a few characters who are obvious choices at the moment (the moment being the Juubi resurrection arch) if I had to make a guess I would probably say the top five are:

1. Obito: Obviously Obito tops the list right now. Even without the Juubi Obito is fully loaded in terms of powers. Obito has the Eternal Mangekyou (which gives him intangibility and teleportation), the Rinnegan which offers several of the most powerful techniques in the series, a Zetsu like body that allows him to heal, makes him strong and gives him Mokuton abilities. He also knows the Uchiha secret techniques like Izunagi. Obito also seems to know some of the Uzumaki's sealing techniques such as the chakra chains. Obito also has a number of powerful fire techniques. Even without the Juubi's power Obito would be near the top among the living characters, with the Juubi he is obviously number one.

2. Naruto: Naruto has a tremendous amount of raw power. As we saw with the full Kyuubi cloak he was able to take on 5 bijuu fairly well. Naruto is also extemely fast, even faster than Rai-Kage who was said to be the fastest ninja at the time. He also has an almost limitless amount of Chakra thanks to his Uzumaki blood and the Kyuubi's chakra. He also has impressive healing again due to Uzumaki blood and the Kyuubi. Naruto also has Sage mode which boosts the power of all of his attacks and improves his senses. Naruto has multiple sensing abilities both as a Sage and with his golden bijuu cloak mode. Naruto is a powerful Summoner with the ability to now summon all the Toads. Naruto also has one of the most powerful ranged techniques, the Rasenshuuriken. Naruto can also fight many opponents at once with his chakra arms and the shadow clone technique. During this war Naruto has become one of the most diversely skilled characters and he has a ton of power to top it off.

3. Kabuto: If it hadn't been for Itachi, Sasuke would have lost to Kabuto. Even without Edo Tensei, Kabuto pobably has the most diverse skill set of any living character. Kabuto is a Sage which gives him incredible senses, speed and strength. He is one of the most skilled medical ninja in the series. He has unparalleled healing abilities from the white snakes, Uzumaki blood, medical healing and other body strengthening bloodlines. He also has Kimimaro's bloodline which is one of the most powerful physical techniques in the series. Kabuto has the ability to block his opponents senses, even the Mangekyou sharingan was vulnerable to his attacks. He is able to block out most genjutsu. He has powerful sound genjutsu. He has the ability to liquefy his body. He also has the ability to manipulate his environment as though it were part of his body. He can use the spider-web techique. He is also one of the most powerful Summoners, Dragon Manda is perhaps the most powerful (or at least the largest) Summoned creature we have seen. Kabuto's abilities go on and on. On top of his endless number of techniques and bloodlines he is also one of the most intelligent characters in the series.

4. Sasuke: Sasuke is the only living character with the Eternal Mangekyou and that makes him a beast. Being able to spam Susanoo and Amaterasu is enough to take down almost any opponent. Sasuke has almost all his bases covered, he has the ultimate defense (the complete Susanoo), he has the ultimate attack Amaterasu and Enton, and he has extremely powerful genjutsu. Sasuke is also a very powerful summoner, he can summon both snakes and hawks. Being able to summon hawks also allows Sasuke to fly which makes him one of the few people who is capable of fighting well in the air. Sasuke also has great skill with both lightening release and fire release. Sasuke was able to hold his own against multiple Kages and killed Danzou even before he got the Eternal Mangekyou. Now that Sasuke has the Eternal Mangekyou, I would give him the advantage over any two of the current Kages.

5. Onoki: This spot is probably the hardest to fill. There are a lot of people who could probably take the fifth spot but my guess is that Onoki is a solid bet. Onoki is the only living character with a 3-Element bloodline. On top of his incredibly powerful Dust Release, Onoki can also fly and is one of the most powerful Earth release users in the series. In the fight with Madara Onoki was the only one who seemed capable of penetrating Susanoo without help. Onoki clearly spear-headed the attack on Madara and I would say he was the most effective of the Kages in both offense and defense. From what I witnessed during the war it seemed obvious to me that Onoki was the most powerful of the Kages. With Dust Release Onoki can destroy almost any opponent and that is why he was needed to help take down Mu, none of the others could counter Dust Release. I would put Onoki against Killerbee any day. It was said that Dust Release could have destroyed the Giant turtle island, if it could do that I am willing to bet that it could also destroy the Eight-tails. Onoki could also fly and fight from a distance which would give him an advantage against Killerbee's close range fighting style. Orochimaru might be able to beat Onoki but its hard to say with his current level of power.

I agree with the second poster that it's easy to determine the 5 strongest shinobi... except for the last place. Orochimaru is implied to be stronger now and all, but without Edo Tensei, he is a wildcard there is no telling how strong he is currently , while with Edo Tensei he'd have virtually no limits. Meanwhile Kabuto is a monster on his own right, with or without Edo Tensei.

And honestly, I doubt we're going to see much of Orochimaru's powers at this point of the story.

I wonder if Kaabuto is still as strong, now that Orochimaru took back his chakra. WouldKabuto still be able to pull Dragon sage without Oro's Chakra?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Double post..Edit won't work.

@Artifice,

Sasike was constrained by Itachi's command that Kabuto Should not be Killed. If the fight had been all out, I think Sasuke had a good chance of winning with Amaterasu and Susanoo.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post

@Artifice,

Sasike was constrained by Itachi's command that Kabuto Should not be Killed. If the fight had been all out, I think Sasuke had a good chance of winning with Amaterasu and Susanoo.
    Edit button does work, but you have to open it in a new card or window. A few things only work when opened in a new window now, for some reason, probably because of the low compatibility that the new layout has with Mozzilla Firefox, unless you are using another browser then I guess it's just buggy .

I'm not so sure, Kabuto have easily avoided Sasuke's Adult Susanoo attack, so adding a flame to it would have been meaningless. Kabuto is currently the only one that have simply avoided his attack (though there are probably more characters capable of that fit), an attack that was full of killing intent, since that was before Sasuke listened to what Itachi was saying.

Amaterasu is also not a problem, since Kabuto has a similar jutsu to the one that Sasuke used to shed skin and avoid it's flames.

Chidori and Genjutsu were also powerless.

Really, unless we know what Sasuke's Complete Susanoo can do, he is weaker than Kabuto.

@Zero,

Remember that Itachi was constantly telling Sasuke hat they can't Kill Kabuto. This limts how Amaterasu could have been used. Sasuke could have used it to Light Up the Entire cave, a dodge is only useable for pinpoint attacks,it won't do any good if the entire battle field is set ablaze.

During the entire fight, it struck me as interesting how Kabuto Kept reminding the Uchiha brothers that they could/should not kill him. What I'm saying is that the entire battle we saw would have been totally different if the Uchihas were not just trying to cripple and capture Kabuto.

BTW, Edit didn't work with Chrome either,However going to a new tab works with both FF and Chrome.

@Artifice,

It's possible and I would say that Sasuke is fairly close in power to Kabuto, however, during the fight Sasuke seemed unable to hit Kabuto due to his Sage senses. Even with his Susanoo arrow which was said to be one of his fastest attacks. Itachi needed to save Sasuke on multiple occasions, so I think even if it was a fight to the death Sasuke would be just as much at risk. Kabuto has multiple attacks that would be effective against Sasuke even if it were a fight to the death. Sasuke might be able to kill Kabuto but I think with Kabuto's incredible healing techniques and his ability to avoid damage with his keen senses and by hiding in snakes. I still think Kabuto would have the advantage even in a fight to the death.

I wonder if Kaabuto is still as strong, now that Orochimaru took back his chakra. WouldKabuto still be able to pull Dragon sage without Oro's Chakra?
    Yes, it's hard to say exactly where Kabuto would stand now that he had Orochimaru's power taken from him. I suspect he is still very powerful considering all of his other bloodlines but its hard to say how much that will affect him.

Even without Orochimaru's chakra though, Kabuto still has at least half a dozen powerful bloodlines, plus high level medical ninjutsu, summoning abilities, and many unique jutsu. His sound and light jutsu that could even paralyze someone using Susanoo would still be very dangerous to Sasuke. The one big question is whether or not he can still use Sage mode. We still don't really know that much about the form of Sage mode that Kabuto used so we don't know if he relied on having Orochimaru's chakra to use it or not. If Kabuto didn't have Sage mode, Sasuke would probably have the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I'm not so sure, Kabuto have easily avoided Sasuke's Adult Susanoo attack, so adding a flame to it would have been meaningless. Kabuto is currently the only one that have simply avoided his attack (though there are probably more characters capable of that fit), an attack that was full of killing intent, since that was before Sasuke listened to what Itachi was saying.

Amaterasu is also not a problem, since Kabuto has a similar jutsu to the one that Sasuke used to shed skin and avoid it's flames.

Chidori and Genjutsu were also powerless.

Really, unless we know what Sasuke's Complete Susanoo can do, he is weaker than Kabuto.
    That's basically what I was thinking as well. Kabuto showed that he has many ways of countering Sasuke's attacks, yet Sasuke seemed vulnerable to many of Kabuto's techniques. Sasuke would have to land a direct hit with Amaterasu or Kabuto would likely just shed that part of his body and quickly regenerate. We still don't know the full limits of Sasuke's power but so far I would still say Kabuto out ranks him.

@Zero,

Remember that Itachi was constantly telling Sasuke hat they can't Kill Kabuto. This limts how Amaterasu could have been used. Sasuke could have used it to Light Up the Entire cave, a dodge is only useable for pinpoint attacks,it won't do any good if the entire battle field is set ablaze.
    True, but like I mentioned before, Kabuto has probably the most powrful healing techniques, combined with the ability to manipulate the environment and his intelligence and senses make him very difficult to hit directly. Even if Sasuke lit up the entire cave with Amaterasu, Kabuto probably could have escaped with one of his many bloodline techniques. Just as the Juubi was able to cast off part of its body that was hit by Amaterasu, Kabuto could rip off part of his body or shed his skin and then regenerate. Sasuke would have to hit Kabuto with Amaterasu repeatedly to prevent him from shedding his skin and healing. Sasuke seemed to have a very difficult time landing a hit on Kabuto during their fight so I think even with Amaterasu it would be a challenge for him to hit him full on with enough firepower to kill him. I agree that he would have a chance of winning but I think that Kabuto would have the advantage.

During the entire fight, it struck me as interesting how Kabuto Kept reminding the Uchiha brothers that they could/should not kill him. What I'm saying is that the entire battle we saw would have been totally different if the Uchihas were not just trying to cripple and capture Kabuto.
    Yes, but I think you have to realize that he was probably saying that because he was fighting both brothers. Against both of them Kabuto definitely would have died if they were going after him with killer intent but if Sasuke was alone I don't think it would have been nearly as much of a concern. Kabuto talked about capturing Sasuke multiple times and Tobi seemed worried that Kabuto would abduct him. During the fight Kabuto seemed to put most of his emphasis on Itachi and yet Sasuke still needed to be saved a few times. Kabuto is also smart, he wasn't going to take an unnecessary risk. Kabuto was confident in his power but he wasn't charging in head on either, he was constantly being evasive. Strategy is as much a part of battle as power and while Sasuke is fairly skilled in that department I would say Kabuto still has that as an advantage over him.