Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Actually the explanation to why it didn't absorb Susanoo is simple, because it can't. Shinju doesn't posses the Rinnegan ability to reconvert jutsu into chakra and absorb it or anything like that. In reality, the alliance ninja simply didn't try to fight it back, the only one seen fighting back is Madara and he chops through it as if it was a normal wood (bottom right panel):
    Spoiler!

then we see Tobirama using an actual jutsu that is fuel by chakr and it also cuts through it easily:
    Spoiler!

then we see Hiruzen simply smash through it:
    Spoiler!

then we see Sasuke doing exactly the same, but at a bigger scale:
    Spoiler!

perhaps one should say that Shinju is weak against cut attacks .

Those shown and Bee are seemingly the only ones that tried to fight back and have done it successfully. The fear and mass panic is what caused all those bodies to pill up. It's possible that what Sasuke was disappointed, might have been actually the Shinobi's reaction. That is also the reason why Sasuke jumped forward with a big Susanoo attack, to show everyone that the Tree can be injured, that they can fight it back and they should. Then some Naruto hardship flashbacks, jump up to front and everyone is again motivated to fight.

Both Sasuke and Naruto acted like true leaders. Sasuke by showing the way to defeat it and that it can be defeated (invoking hope), while Naruto by raising the army's morale (invoking will). Looks like the manga might really end by the Senju and Uchiha joining and cooperating for real this time, thus bringing peace, which was one of the possible interpretations of the Tablet that Madara had spoken about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Actually the explanation to why it didn't absorb Susanoo is simple, because it can't. Shinju doesn't posses the Rinnegan ability to reconvert jutsu into chakra and absorb it or anything like that. In reality, the alliance ninja simply didn't try to fight it back, the only one seen fighting back is Madara and he chops through it as if it was a normal wood (bottom right panel):
    Spoiler!

then we see Tobirama using an actual jutsu that is fuel by chakr and it also cuts through it easily:
    Spoiler!

then we see Hiruzen simply smash through it:
    Spoiler!

then we see Sasuke doing exactly the same, but at a bigger scale:
    Spoiler!

perhaps one should say that Shinju is weak against cut attacks .
    The question is not if the Tree can absorb Susanoo, it is can it absorb Sasuke's chakra if Susanoo is active. The Tree hasn't absorbed any techniques but it has absorbed the chakra of anyone who gets close, (at least when Obito is causing it to). I suspect that Sasuke's chakra cannot be absorbed when he is using Susanoo at all.

Remember when Madara fought Hashirama. Hashirama was able to use his techniques to drain the Kyuubi's chakra and neutralize it but not when Madara armored it with Susanoo. Hashirama was only able to drain the Kyuubi's chakra after Susanoo had been neutralized.

One needs a direct contact to suck chakra from someone, so when one is fully covered with a barrier-like armor, it's no surprise that it is impossible to steal chakra when the armor is on. This means that while Susanoo is a chakra-based technique (which means that the Rinnegan should be able to absorb it, since it seems able to decompose techniques and then absorb chakra from them, even elemental jutsu and Senjutsu), it itself is not made from chakra (it's similar with elemental jutsu). Basically, the point is that Shinju doesn't posses the abilities of the Rinnegan.

It was a cheap thing to do with Obito not knowing or not being able to use the Fat Pain's abilities, because then he would have been able to absorb any chakra techniques, even elemental and Senjutsu, as shown in Jiraya's and Naruto's fight. So he would have been even more unbeatable than he is now (this means that Madara would have been way, way stronger than Obito, if he had become the Jyubi jinchuriki instead of him).

I'll hypothesize that Obito could not use all Rinnegan Techniques because he insists on keeping his Sharingan in one eye. In other words he has to have Rinnegans in both eyes to be able to use at least some of the Rinnegan Techniques.

So far (as far as I can recall) Obito has only used the Rinnegan's Shared Vision on his own Paths.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I'll hypothesize that Obito could not use all Rinnegan Techniques because he insists on keeping his Sharingan in one eye. In other words he has to have Rinnegans in both eyes to be able to use at least some of the Rinnegan Techniques.

So far (as far as I can recall) Obito has only used the Rinnegan's Shared Vision on his own Paths.
    I'm not so sure about that, Madara was going to use Obito to resurrect himself. I don't really see how he could do that if he couldn't use the Rinnegan's abilities. Although in his current form he did say that he couldn't use his Mangekyou technique, which is rather odd. The Juubi has given him a lot of new powers but I don't really understand why it prevents him from using others. It does seem odd that he has used so few of the Rinnegan's abilities. I don't really understand why that would be considering he is supposed to be becoming more like the Sage of Six Paths and the Sage was the originator of those techniques. Perhaps his inability to use them as the Juubi's Jinnchuuriki is a sign that he is still not in full control of it. Obito took a lot of shortcuts to become the Jinnchuuriki, it would make sense if there were some major drawbacks as a result of that.

I like the idea that the trade off for keeping his sharingan and kamui was that he couldn't use all of the rinnegan jutsu. From what I can gather a ninja must have senjuu blood, massive reserves of chakra and both rinnegan eyes to use the 6 paths jutsu. Even though Obito could've put both rinnegan in his eye sockets sacrificing his mangekyo jutsu during the war would've put him at a massive disadvantage as shinobi from the leaf had developed strategies to counter the 6 paths jutsu since Pain attacked the hidden leaf.

Agreed; I've always figured Obito viewed his Mangekyou abilities were more useful for his causes than most of the Rinnegan techniques; he seems to only be able to use Gedo techniques (aside from supposedly being able to use Human Realm). Techniques such as Summoning, Chakra Absorption, or Armor were less valuable, as all he needed to do was essentially stay alive and manipulate the Bijuu long enough to revive the Juubi. The Sharingan grants Obito Kamui, enhanced reflexes, and Genjutsu (to control Bijuu).

Kamui helped him to swoop in after the shinobi alliance had sealed the kinkaku twins into the gourd and amber pot. And then make off with those treasures that contained a droplet of the kyuubi's chakra. Without that he wouldn't have been able to revive the juubi unless he'd captured and sealed Naruto.

I hope in the next chapter Madara can successfully swap places with Obito by forcing him to use gedo rinne tensei. That is something I hope can be made to look brutal but cool. Also it would kill off Obito, the one who he owes his life to would be the one who finally takes it, Kishi could give us a brief glimpse into Obito's heart as he realizes he was nothing more than a pawn who won't get to be reunited with Rin in the dreamland he worked so hard for. Then the alliance just has one enemy to shut down, unfortunately that enemy would be super charged, over clocked Madara.

Again I ask, Is there a reason that Minato doesn't use Chakra arms like Naruto does (in the same mode)? Is this More of Kishi down grading Minato?

BTW. Mangastream Version is Out

It does read a little bit different from Mangapanda's.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !