Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Forbidden Fruit and Orocihmaru - A Bible Reference

Just thought of the obvious relationship I discovered in Chapter 646.

In the Bible, the genesis story tells us that god forbid Adam and Eve to eat fruit from the forbidden tree.

But in classic human defiance, Eve with some persuasion from the snake ate the fruit and was banished from the garden of Eden along with Adam as well. Adam got ripped off on that one if u ask me.

So Eve represents the so6p's mum.
    The snake could represent a sage snake character that Orocihmaru may reveal in the future.
    God represents the Juubi.

What interesting about the bible story is that god didn't give up on humans after he banished the first 2 humans from the garden of Eden.

Maybe the Juubi won't abandon the shinobi either.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

^ The story in the Bible could actually work here, if it was actually followed, but it seems that Kishi took inspiration from other sources, other stories about the Tree of Life (which there are a lot of them).

Why would it work better ? Well, you see, the fruit was not power, but knowledge, it was a fruit from the Tree of Good and Evil, one could even say that it was knowledge about Yin and Yang (which combined give chakra, as mentioned in Naruto). By eating the fruit, they came into realization and became capable of distinguish good from evil, thus became able to chose between those two, which in turn was later known as "free will" (so technically free will is not one of God's gifts ).

There are many, really a lot, stories about the Tree, but most of the time, it's actually about one big tree as a first plant that gave life to other plants, from there later then appeared animals, then humans and you know what was the rest.

The fruit and the bijuu, as well as the proper form that they are meant to take, might be simply the offspring of the Tree in Naurto's story, a new race perhaps that was meant to be born, but humans intervention created a distortion and the like, which Naruto is perhaps meant to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ^ The story in the Bible could actually work here, if it was actually followed, but it seems that Kishi took inspiration from other sources, other stories about the Tree of Life (which there are a lot of them).

Why would it work better ? Well, you see, the fruit was not power, but knowledge, it was a fruit from the Tree of Good and Evil, one could even say that it was knowledge about Yin and Yang (which combined give chakra, as mentioned in Naruto). By eating the fruit, they came into realization and became capable of distinguish good from evil, thus became able to chose between those two, which in turn was later known as "free will" (so technically free will is not one of God's gifts ).

There are many, really a lot, stories about the Tree, but most of the time, it's actually about one big tree as a first plant that gave life to other plants, from there later then appeared animals, then humans and you know what was the rest.

The fruit and the bijuu, as well as the proper form that they are meant to take, might be simply the offspring of the Tree in Naurto's story, a new race perhaps that was meant to be born, but humans intervention created a distortion and the like, which Naruto is perhaps meant to correct.
    I sooooo much Agree with Zero that it's not even funny.

Okay, Fellow Naruto fans, I hate to say this but, Let's not get too carried away and/or disappointed with the Forbidden fruit thing, and here is why:

The Juubi is the Progenitor, the creator of all life, and it exists as a plant or Half Plant. Think of it as The Tree of Life (just as Zero Says). The fruit from this tree is not just some random Devil Fruit. This fruit carries the full potential of the original inside it.

In other words, anything and everything that is the Juubi is Replicated inside the fruit, and whosoever assimilates the fruit is also assimilating and replicating the properties and potency of the Juubi itself. The SO6P is in essence a Human Version of The Juubi itself, with only Two main differences as I can see.

1) He's a human being, not a plant thing. and
    2) Unlike the Juubi, He is not Immortal.

I find that I am not against the use of a fruit as a vehicle to carry the story forward and explain the power of the SO6P, after I've thought about it for a while.

In my view, if Kishi had not used the Juubi itself as the source of SO6P's power in the story, he'd have had to invent Gods, or heaven and what not, otherwise, the story would have been inadequate to explain how a human could overcome the Prime Being itself. This to my mind far beasts and is far more acceptable than alternative being floated of SO6P being from the Uzumaki Clan that used sealing techniques. The Only way the Juubi could have been Overpowered is just as Kishi showed it, that it inadvertently gave its power to a human who was born with those powers intact.

What we now have to look forward to is how the SO6P's prophesy might be fulfilled, and how the Cycle of Hatred will be broken. Lets give the story a chance and keep on enjoying Kishimoto Sensei's Stories.

Think about it, The Geddou Mazou was made of wood, The Geddou tree budded off Zetsus, The Juubi Carries around a Plant bulb on its back. If the Thing (Juubi) is a Plant, it Can easily Have fruits.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Just needed to put this one put there: Should we expect Archimonde to attack, and if so, where are the wisps?

Also the story resembles the Tree of Might from DBZ. In any case no biggie lots of stories use mythology and religious parallels.

It was nice to see the origins of the Jyuubi explained as a guardian of the Tree kind of like in Final Fantasy the Earth created Weapons Omega & such as a defense mechanism.

- However if the fruit was the origin of chakra then wouldn't that have to mean that all humans who use chakra are born from the Sage of the 6 path lineage...?

- I don't think the Tree gave her chakra it just boosted her chakra and endowed her with special powers.

- The fact that Madara didn't recognize the significance of the fruit spawning once a millennium may be important. I think there may be a deeper meaning behind this and there is connection between the humans and the Fruit spawning.

- I wonder if the tree is not the source of human chakra but the other way around and that the fruit naturally sucked up human chakra and that is where the fruit came from !!!! It represented human chakra stored up from millennium.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Also the story resembles the Tree of Might from DBZ. In any case no biggie lots of stories use mythology and religious parallels.

It was nice to see the origins of the Jyuubi explained as a guardian of the Tree kind of like in Final Fantasy the Earth created Weapons Omega & such as a defense mechanism.

- However if the fruit was the origin of chakra then wouldn't that have to mean that all humans who use chakra are born from the Sage of the 6 path lineage...?

- I don't think the Tree gave her chakra it just boosted her chakra and endowed her with special powers.

- The fact that Madara didn't recognize the significance of the fruit spawning once a millennium may be important. I think there may be a deeper meaning behind this and there is connection between the humans and the Fruit spawning.

- I wonder if the tree is not the source of human chakra but the other way around and that the fruit naturally sucked up human chakra and that is where the fruit came from !!!! It represented human chakra stored up from millennium.
    yes maybe, I quite this.

Also I totally forgot about the tree of might although I think this follows the adam and eve story more closely than I have seen in other animes.

Kishimoto's Mistake.

Recently Kishimoto tried to explain How NarutLand differs from ours. Everybody knows that we cannot Mold Chakra and turn inot a Giant Fox, so Kishi Explained it away by inventing the Juubi which was only the Guardian form of the Shinju tree (of might).

However Kishimoto made one Fatal Error. He forgot about the Crossover One Piece readers. If Kishi had take OP into mind, he would never have used the word "Fruit".

In my huimble opinion, all the flak flying around recently was all due to the use of that fateful word. Everybody knows that fruits never existed before Oda created them right? The Guy probably has a copyright and a Patent on Fruits.

If Only Kishimoto had Known then he would have used the word Bean/Beans, instead of the word fruit, many fans would never have noticed the difference, and Oda's Copyright department would not have been sending out so many cease and desist letters to Manga Sites.

We can only hope he learnt his lesson. However I hope Kishimoto doesn't decide to arbitrarily stop publishing Naruto because of this one mistake. Don't give up Kishi, try again..Rah!
    Last edited by paulbee; 09-13-2013 at 06:10 PM.

I sure hope that it was a joke Paul, because if not, then it's another point to be disappointed about manga community...

Well, their world from ours didn't differ so much, at first, since everyone has life/physical energies (at least that could be said), while most people believe that they have soul/mind energies, the only difference is that they are capable of mixing it, or rather through generations of people capable of mixing chakra, clans/families became more adapt, more accustomed at drawing and mixing those energies... it sure was a more fun explanation :p. It was even portrayed through Rock Lee that had problems with using ninjutsu, because his parents weren't ninjas (in difference to most students), thus he was technically starting from zero, without any genetical feedback that could help him in mastering them. It was even shown through old clans, which possessed way higher capabilities, than those belonging to those that only had one or two generations. Then it was again showed, by those that were born as mutants with their Kekkei Genkai, often surpassing normal ninjas...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I sure hope that it was a joke Paul, because if not, then it's another point to be disappointed about manga community...

Well, their world from ours didn't differ so much, at first, since everyone has life/physical energies (at least that could be said), while most people believe that they have soul/mind energies, the only difference is that they are capable of mixing it, or rather through generations of people capable of mixing chakra, clans/families became more adapt, more accustomed at drawing and mixing those energies... it sure was a more fun explanation :p. It was even portrayed through Rock Lee that had problems with using ninjutsu, because his parents weren't ninjas (in difference to most students), thus he was technically starting from zero, without any genetical feedback that could help him in mastering them. It was even shown through old clans, which possessed way higher capabilities, than those belonging to those that only had one or two generations. Then it was again showed, by those that were born as mutants with their Kekkei Genkai, often surpassing normal ninjas...
    Well you have to admit that Turning into a Giant Fox, or a Giant Octopus Bull (Oxtopus?) was stretching things, eh? Or maybe Orochimaru's Giant Hydra form, turning into a Snake etc.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Well you have to admit that Turning into a Giant Fox, or a Giant Octopus Bull (Oxtopus?) was stretching things, eh? Or maybe Orochimaru's Giant Hydra form, turning into a Snake etc.
    Not really, I mean as long as one has enough of the universal energy, chakra, one can turn it into anything he wants, power, element, mass and the like. Basically, in Narutoverse, chakra is the God's Element, said to be the origin of everything, the creation and destruction force/energy. This was basically explained in the legend of So6p (by combining imagination with life), though at that time it was more along that it existed in every human, since that is how people were made, but Kishi changed his story into humanity stealing it seemingly. Well whatever, it could be better, but it's no like it's bad.