2 40.00%
  • So So

1 20.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    We're forgetting that Jora turned Nami's Climatact into art, thereby rendering it useless. At least that is how Brook makes it sound when speaking about his Soul Solid. The idea sea water would negate Jora's DF effects is intriguing, and possible when considering a similar weakness occurs for Kalifa's DF. Hopefully Oda gets down to it without making Nami, Chopper, and Brook incompetent or weak.

The ocean doesn't seem to be a weakness, seeing that the Thousand Sunny was turned into art.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

^ Well it's not submerged, only the bottom part would be washed off, like when Absalom turned his ship invisible.

Spoiler!
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Awe your pic made me miss the thriller bark arc agger lol, awesome arc
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    ^ Well it's not submerged, only the bottom part would be washed off, like when Absalom turned his ship invisible.

Spoiler!
    That's not the water negating Absalom's power, that's just the illustration of the ship turning visible. Luffy and Robin for example, although they are weakened in water, their power still exists while submerged. Sea Water doesn't negate the power, it only puts the user in a physically weakened state. So far only Crocodile and Moria have been shown to have that additional weakness of rendering their power useless. That being because for Crocodile, water causes sand to stick together, and the salt in the sea water is what purifies Moria's zombie. The only other situation I can think of is chopper who reverted from monster point after Franky launched him into the ocean. That can be explained as such; science shit that I don't care to get into. Basically, rumble balls distorting Devil Fruit wave lengths, Monster point being mentally weak form, chopper being unconscious when submerged.

The art doesn't appear to be paint based so the art being affected do to not being water proof also seems like a no go. The way to beat Jura and return to normal is the same way chopper returned to normal at Enies Lobby and half the crew in the recent movie with Ain. You knock the user unconscious. How do they do that? Unlike Crocodile, who hired people based on strength, Doflamingo hires people based on ability or usefulness. Every officer he has serves some purpose, other than strength. Meaning that chances are, Jura isn't that physically strong and they can just drop an anvil on her head or push her of the ship.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_exe View Post
    I could dig it if sea water was an effective counter to the effects of the art art fruit. I guess it could go something like Momonosuke could end up falling overboard after trying to attack the ugly art lady head on and then Nami's maternal insticts kick in, she dives in to save him and then hey presto once they back to the surface she notices they're back to normal. Then all she has to do is manipulate the wind to direct the sea water where it's needed and then the tide of that particular battle will have turned. I guess the finishing touch could be Chopper sending her flying into the ocean just like Luffy would.
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    That's not the water negating Absalom's power, that's just the illustration of the ship turning visible. Luffy and Robin for example, although they are weakened in water, their power still exists while submerged. Sea Water doesn't negate the power, it only puts the user in a physically weakened state. So far only Crocodile and Moria have been shown to have that additional weakness of rendering their power useless. That being because for Crocodile, water causes sand to stick together, and the salt in the sea water is what purifies Moria's zombie. The only other situation I can think of is chopper who reverted from monster point after Franky launched him into the ocean. That can be explained as such; science shit that I don't care to get into. Basically, rumble balls distorting Devil Fruit wave lengths, Monster point being mentally weak form, chopper being unconscious when submerged.

The art doesn't appear to be paint based so the art being affected do to not being water proof also seems like a no go. The way to beat Jura and return to normal is the same way chopper returned to normal at Enies Lobby and half the crew in the recent movie with Ain. You knock the user unconscious. How do they do that? Unlike Crocodile, who hired people based on strength, Doflamingo hires people based on ability or usefulness. Every officer he has serves some purpose, other than strength. Meaning that chances are, Jura isn't that physically strong and they can just drop an anvil on her head or push her of the ship.
    There's no way Jora is that weak. What does Doflamingo do with weak members who work beneath his Jolly Roger? Ask Bellamy. Sure, he's back and bad as ever, but the point is, Doflamingo doesn't tolerate weakness/failure. Therefore, Jora must be at least strong/tactically minded in order for her to remain a pertinent crew member. Obviously the latter seems to be the case, but if she was a complete push over, I don't think her DF ability alone would have gotten her into Doflamingo's crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    There's no way Jora is that weak. What does Doflamingo do with weak members who work beneath his Jolly Roger? Ask Bellamy. Sure, he's back and bad as ever, but the point is, Doflamingo doesn't tolerate weakness/failure. Therefore, Jora must be at least strong/tactically minded in order for her to remain a pertinent crew member. Obviously the latter seems to be the case, but if she was a complete push over, I don't think her DF ability alone would have gotten her into Doflamingo's crew.
    I'm not saying she is weak in the way you seem to be implying. Physically she is weak, but she has a DF that makes people powerless, just like Perona. As of what we have seen she has only used her DF power, thus meaning she relies on her power to win. Robin only uses her DF power to fight, but does that mean she is weak? As a combatant, no. She also doesn't have power that aid's her in fighting like Luffy, Brook, Robin and even Whitebeard. She hasn't even been shown fighting and I highly doubt that when push come to shove for her, she is just going to bump her fists together and say,"Let's do this" and then lay a smack down on crew. I'm saying her role is the same as Perona's and that does make her important to Doflamingo.

If Bellamy was dead, then I would agree that Doflamingo doesn't tolerate weakness or failure. But Bellamy is alive and has an offer to part of Doflamingo's flag crew. Along with the way he treated Monet, Vergo, Baby 5 and Buffalo after they lost speaks the opposite of intolerance to failure. Doflamingo will use people who are useful to him whether they are strong or not. Everyone in his crew serves a purpose and that purpose isn't always fighting. This is supported via the auction house. Disco didn't "fail", the auction house would have continued running even after the event because of the World Nobles business. Doflamingo disowned it because he didn't need it anymore because he had a better money making venture.

Basically, as soon as the trio find a way around her powers, she is going down in the fashion of Mr. 1.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Please dont tell me there is no one piece this week...

^ Sorry, =P, its on break.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

can't tell if your serious or not?