• Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    I've heard of a man crush but Bartolomeo is straight homo for Luffy lol

I'm liking this chapter, Mihawk was right about Luffy the guy is picking up alliances left and right, his going to become an unstoppable force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Oh, Caribou. Glad to see you showing some courage with that 210 million beri bounty, but this attack against Scotch is not going to end well for you...

Great chapter! Another one of those where Oda perfectly blends action, seriousness, comedy, and pain together, thereby creating plot development, tension, and anticipation for further chapters. Damn Bartolomeo! I hated you before and now I hate you even more with your homoerotic obsession! How cruel will you get when even Luffy expresses you're too much for him?! Haha love it! The interaction of Burgess, BB and Luffy was great as well. Loving the beard on BB!

I'm torn between how I feel about the Happou Navy coming under Luffy's control. I understand he's going to need more man power to essentially rule the world as Pirate King and to enforce his protection, but I've been a long-time advocate for the SHs remaining a power crew that conquers the world without official allies. Don't get me wrong, love the idea of Luffy finally starting to get official allies like Whitebeard had and Shanks, Kaido, BB and Big Mom undoubtedly do have as well; it shows how influential and powerful he's becoming. I don't want, though, the SHs to be split up like WB and BB's crews, with divisions and commanders. Keep it like Shanks' with a main crew whose allies come when needed. I'm fine with this set up.

As far as Rebecca goes, looks like we're headed toward a sad back story, which reinforces my presumption that she, of all characters in this arc, may become the next SH. Not sure how dark a back she'll have, but if she's a prisoner and her father very well may be Kyros in disguise as Ricky, then it has to be pretty damn bad for her to want to kill Doflamingo. Besides that, she has the "build" that SH girls usually have, the unique look and fighting style (which I assume is more classical, brute-strength swordsmanship), and the typical attention Luffy usually gives characters he wants as crew members. Aside from her dream, which I have no idea as to what it could be, she seems like a possible canidate. Add in Luffy wants Ace's power to go to someone he trusts, and Rebecca wants to become more powerful and willingly would eat the Mera Mera to do so, and we have a perfect setup. She does look a bit like Nami though, some panels more than others. If she joins hopefully Oda will adjust her look like he did with Vivi. Better yet, bring back Monet and have her join; problem solved.
    Who's Monet again?

@Blackriot69 I wouldn't discount Caribou yet, we've never seen how powerful his brother is, and for all we know he could be more powerful. Plus they aren't trying to defeat Scotch, only save the grandmother and revolutionists from him

@FenixmMarco The Harpy Lady from Punk Hazard, stabbed to death accidentally by CC. A lot of people wanted her to join because she seemed nice and was one of the most powerful females seen yet in One piece.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    @Blackriot69 I wouldn't discount Caribou yet, we've never seen how powerful his brother is, and for all we know he could be more powerful. Plus they aren't trying to defeat Scotch, only save the grandmother and revolutionists from him

@FenixmMarco The Harpy Lady from Punk Hazard, stabbed to death accidentally by CC. A lot of people wanted her to join because she seemed nice and was one of the most powerful females seen yet in One piece.
    True, but you don't really believe Scotch is going to simply allow them to go unpunished at the end of this, do you?

Monet was in a lot of ways the perfect logia candidate. She was female which a lot of people have been hoping for to even out the crew; had a unique fighting style and ability; a stunning distinct look; swordsmanship to appease cross lol; and possibly more than anything, didn't really upset the dynamic of the crew too much in terms of power ranking: the MT all showed they could defeat her with relative ease, even Sanji who'd never strike a girl could disarm her with his compliments or dissuade her with heat if nothing else, and I truly believe both Robin and Franky could go toe to toe with her nicely. Alas, it has thus far not been meant to be.

^ i wonder how big SH crew would be, if Jinbe joined, there would be 4 power houses.
    if Teach is the final villain for him then it 10 vs 10.
    but we have so many characters coming, and quite a few will attract luffy.

Rebecca with Ace's DF would be a good addition to the strawhat crew, would be fun to see Sanji swoon over her. However I don't think it'll happen. If and when Doflamingo is defeated she'll stay on Dressrosa to protect it or maybe even rule it. I definitely think Luffy will want her to have Ace's DF but I just hope there'll be enough might leftover on Dressrosa after Luffy's crew leaves because that ratbastard Blackbeard could very easily come to that island later on with his whole crew and hunt down whoever has the mera mera no mi. Even if there are other logia of comparable power and quality that he can hunt for this one would upset Luffy the most when his crew inevitably battles Luffy's.

One Piece

@aggeroff Oh her yeah now I remember her, if I forgot about her means she isn't viable for the crew Next SH will stand out I'm sure of it. Most likely a female is joining as well. I don't think we are getting someone this arc.

yeah i find it hopeful and interesting that all the possible new crew members have a crew or something like that with them already. ie jinbe has sun pirates/merflok, rebecca has the gladiator prisoners, miyn has his grandon's happousi army, bartolomeo is a slum lord/probable captain in his own right, law another guy in an alliance with luffy, etc.

odas not going for simple folk any more, hes going for leaders to be in luffy's armada!

captain luffy? no way commodore luffy

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    yeah i find it hopeful and interesting that all the possible new crew members have a crew or something like that with them already. ie jinbe has sun pirates/merflok, rebecca has the gladiator prisoners, miyn has his grandon's happousi army, bartolomeo is a slum lord/probable captain in his own right, law another guy in an alliance with luffy, etc.

odas not going for simple folk any more, hes going for leaders to be in luffy's armada!

captain luffy? no way commodore luffy
    With the exception of Zoro and Chopper, all the Straw Hat's where leaders before they joined Luffy.
    Nami: Arlong Pirate Lieutenant
    Usopp: Captain of the Usopp pirates
    Sanji: Second Chef and Co founder of The Baratie
    Robin: Co leader of Baroque Works
    Franky: Head of Franky Family
    Brook: Captain of the Rumbar Pirates.
    Vivi(honorable mention): Numbered officer of Baroque Works and Acting Ruler of Alabasta

And with all of them except Zoro and Chopper, they were either forced out of their group(Sanji, Franky) or their group disbanded(Nami, Usopp, Robin, Franky(his is both), Brook). Plus all of them can be considered outcasts.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

^ the same goes to Jinbe, sun pirates is no more, it's left only hatchan. he will joined after he is ready.
    the same possibility goes to violet (being their group disbanded) and bartolomeo (joined with his own free will).

i guess teach would made some addition to his crew, so no more 10 vs 10, but 12 vs 12.
    Luffy vs teach
    Zorro vs shiryuu
    Sanji vs burgess
    Ussopp vs auger
    Jinbe vs san juan
    Franky vs pizzaro
    Chopper vs Doc Q
    Nami vs laffitte
    Robin vs catarina
    Brook vs vasco
    Bartolomeo vs ????
    Violet vs ????

btw, Teach is heard discussing the possibility of recruiting Kuzan to join their crew with Jesus Burgess via Den Den Mushi, to which Burgess asserted that Aokiji could not be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hart_lerouxx View Post
    ^ the same goes to Jinbe, sun pirates is no more, it's left only hatchan. he will joined after he is ready.
    the same possibility goes to violet (being their group disbanded) and bartolomeo (joined with his own free will).

i guess teach would made some addition to his crew, so no more 10 vs 10, but 12 vs 12.
    Luffy vs teach
    Zorro vs shiryuu
    Sanji vs burgess
    Ussopp vs auger
    Jinbe vs san juan
    Franky vs pizzaro
    Chopper vs Doc Q
    Nami vs laffitte
    Robin vs catarina
    Brook vs vasco
    Bartolomeo vs ????
    Violet vs ????

btw, Teach is heard discussing the possibility of recruiting Kuzan to join their crew with Jesus Burgess via Den Den Mushi, to which Burgess asserted that Aokiji could not be trusted.
    There is no way Bartolomeo or Violet are joining, and let's not start with Jinbe. Bartolomeo is going to go insane (more so than he already is) when Luffy fails to live up to his expectations/give him attention. Classic serial killer-stalker mentality of "if I can't have him/her, then no one can." He's going to be crushed by Luffy, which very well may reinstate his passion towards him. But never going to join. As for Violet I have a suspicion that she'll turn out like the mermaids on FI, infatuated by Sanji but ultimately remain on Dressrosa. I actually see her through some crazy occurrence stabbing Sanji in the back, not only figuratively, and him still being in love with her. Again, however, she won't join.