Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Syria

Retired Administrator

Syria

The German intelligence agency has enough evidence in its possession to conclude President Bashar Assad ordered the suspected chemical attack in Syria, Germany’s Der Spiegel reports, quoting the results of a secret security briefing.

http://rt.com/news/germany-syria-sar...ampaign=chrome
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

i believe also the brits already said no thanks, we're not going to bother.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23931479

most of the worlds populous doesn't want go to to war, its everyone including americans. but this is how it will play out, everyone says no and leaves america to take out assad. why bother being painted the bad guy when you have the americans to do it..

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Retired Administrator
    Personally I don't think the West should intervene. Civil Wars are internal conflicts and if the West supports Assad or the Free Syrian Army they could be simply putting in someone worse. Let's not forget that a lot of the FSA fighters are extremists of various religions and sects. Supporting them could simply lead to another problem we'll have to deal with in 10-15 years.
    PGP Key Here

Why did this happen in the first place? Was it revolts that got hit by the chemical attacks?

Retired Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Why did this happen in the first place? Was it revolts that got hit by the chemical attacks?
    A kid got killed by the Police during a protest, which sparked more protests, etc etc snowball into civil war.
    PGP Key Here

Woofcat, just saying, If Assad really used poison gas in warfare and there were no consequences, what do you think that portends for the future? Do you not foresee a wider spread of Chemical Warfare in the world?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Retired Administrator
    Well, Syria didn't sign any UN convention against chemical weapons. So as along as they're not attacking external countries they are free to use Chemical Weapons.
    PGP Key Here

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Woofcat View Post
    A kid got killed by the Police during a protest, which sparked more protests, etc etc snowball into civil war.
    oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofcat View Post
    Well, Syria didn't sign any UN convention against chemical weapons. So as along as they're not attacking external countries they are free to use Chemical Weapons.
    That's some bull! They can kill there own people freely. Their government is going to collapse, viva la people!!

Retired Administrator
    I don't think Chemical weapons are good. However I don't think America jailing people for 100+ years is also good. No-one would support Canada attacking the USA to liberate Americans from the oppressive Obama regime.

Chemical Weapons are the same in my mind. They are illegal in warfare against another country / organized military as spelled out in a variety of conventions.
    PGP Key Here

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Woofcat, just saying, If Assad really used poison gas in warfare and there were no consequences, what do you think that portends for the future? Do you not foresee a wider spread of Chemical Warfare in the world?
    How is chemicals in warfare defined? Because Assad used sarin but Nato in Libya, the US in Iraq have used white phosphorus as a napalm type weapon. Nerve gas vs corrosive poison.. both seem chemical to me. But hey at least we can get rid of our elected officials and deny responsibility..

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.