• Fair

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Very Bad

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Which ones? Besides Don Chinjou, I'm at a lost on who else is or was after Luffy because of Garp?
    I could had swore over the course of this comic like 4-5 guys targeted Luffy specifically because of Garp or Dragon, I'll have to think about it, right now I'm drawing a blank.

Though I could be wrong, I may have been 'remembering' another comic as I was reading this chapter and was thinking it happened in One Piece.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

i think for now it's safe to assume Luffy in top 10 OP-verse in pure strength.
    early in this arc i see 'quite a huge' gap, but now i can see 'the gap' between him and dofla closing in.

^That is a ridiculous assumption. If anything, this arc has established Luffy (and crew) have still an enormous amount to learn about the NW, their enemies, and themselves. I'll agree that Luffy hasn't really faced anyone as of yet in terms of strength and real infamy (Chinjao has probably come the closest) that has driven him to go all out (near losing fight which forces him to use multiple consecutive power/gear attacks (even new invented ones for the occasion)), but I can hardly say Luffy comes close to ranking among the top 10 most powerful, let alone breaking into that group. The Four Emperors, Mihawk, The Three Admirals, Akainu, Aokiji, half the Supernovas, Doflamingo, Kuma, Garp, Dragon, Sengoku--half of these guys' crew members!--not too mention characters that have yet to even be introduced. Again this tournament should be more than enough indication that the SHs still have half a world to conquer in order to be ranked among the elite, and even then there will always be those which oppose and arguably match them. My point is, we are far too early in the NW to be claiming Luffy is that powerful; closing the gap between Doflamingo, maybe (though look how difficult a time Law is having, regardless that he's being double teamed); top ten material as he stands now, not a chance.
    Last edited by Blackriot69; 09-01-2013 at 11:51 PM.

@Blackriot69, I agree with everything said, except I believe that Luffy is clearly stronger than most of the Supernovas. The only ones I'd put above him ATM, is Law and Kidd. The others are comparable, but I think Luffy would best most of them if it got serious.

Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    @Blackriot69, I agree with everything said, except I believe that Luffy is clearly stronger than most of the Supernovas. The only ones I'd put above him ATM, is Law and Kidd. The others are comparable, but I think Luffy would best most of them if it got serious.
    Well if any of the Supernova are currently more powerful than Luffy than X Drake is the most likely. He seems like he would have had the toughest time during the time skip (being hunted by Kaido the whole time) So I think he may have had the most growth strength wise.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    I'd say the strongest Supernovas (captains) include Luffy, Kid, Law, and Drake. As aggeroff mentioned, Drake started his NW conquest by presumably pissing off Kaido, and has thus spent the past two years making a name for himself alongside Kid. Law on the other hand immediately bided his time under the jurisdiction of the WG until all the pieces, aka Luffy and crew, fell into place for his ultimate goal of dethroning the Emperors. Even if Luffy could ultimately overpower the remaining Supernovas, who still shouldn't be looked down upon, these three will certainly give him a run for his money. Even disregarding the Supernovas entirely, we still have more than enough people to rank 20 more powerful characters ahead of Luffy.

Well, first off great chapter, I think luffy has a s**t ton left in the tank that he is not showing us. I think we might see him go all out if he gets to fight Burgess, he might just want to f**k him up for his part in the war and Ace going to prison. I think this arc will be very interesting over the next 10 chapters. Bartolomeo, bellamy, and cavendash are going to make for very interesting angles. I'm hoping bellamy turns alliances.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    Well, first off great chapter, I think luffy has a s**t ton left in the tank that he is not showing us. I think we might see him go all out if he gets to fight Burgess, he might just want to f**k him up for his part in the war and Ace going to prison. I think this arc will be very interesting over the next 10 chapters. Bartolomeo, bellamy, and cavendash are going to make for very interesting angles. I'm hoping bellamy turns alliances.
    Assuming we have 10 more chapters before the end of the year... I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, these next few chapters will be integral to where this arc goes. Does Oda complete the tournament as it is supposed to with the victors of each block facing each other/the Donquiote Family, or is D-block and the tournament interrupted by the attack on the factory or springing of Doflamingo's trap (which cannot surely be Bellamy's assassination, right?)? I once said Punk Hazard had been shaping up to be one of my favorite arcs in the series, but sadly it left me greatly unsatisfied. With the Dressrosa arc, I again make the statement that this is one of my favorite in the series thus far, and so far, it hasn't disappointed. Real good stuff!

^ i said in terms of pure strength not terms of power. power represent so many things, including mental strength, networking (ally, availability of army and position in a club/faction/etc), authority, ability to influence the behavior of people, ability to attract others and build loyalty, strategical thinking, devil fruit ability, etc.

imo, law and kidd still 'inferior' to luffy in terms of pure strength. but, i'm not saying luffy would win for sure, it's 50-50.