1 16.67%
  • Fair

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Very Bad

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hmm that was an awesome way to end the chapter! I love Oda. Shishishi. I doubt that prime Garp was actually using all his power in that punch against Chinjao. Luffy was using his full power with Thor but it was similar to a move he used to defeat Shiki. Don't know where he got the electricity from though this time. Anywho, I think Luffy is powerful, but he lacks the ability to strategize and use his moves appropriately. His opponents are not going to charge at him like Chinjao, they will dodge and counter.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

^He doesn't strategize but he's got an insane fighting instinct that he doesn't need to. And to be fair he doesn't need either of it in this fight. Luffy uses his most damaging attack coz he knew Chinjao will take him head on coz that's how he fights. Noticed Luffy never went full g2 on him which he uses for people who like to dodge and move around. Luffy actually picked and use his moves appropriately.

sig made by me

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/719/2028/10 Is that Happou navy same navy from the last One Piece film that came out?

The Admirals and the 4 Yonkou are the ones standing in Luffy's way to become Pirate King. Black beard and Akainu so far seem to be his strongest enemies.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 08-29-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    http://readms.com/r/one_piece/719/2028/10 Is that Happou navy same navy from the last One Piece film that came out?
    No, that was the Neo Navy, and was only made one year after the time skip. The Happou Navy seems to have been around for a lot longer. Based on Chinjou being the 12th leader, its probably was around during the 100 year void.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

I'm I the only one tired of these guys who hate Garp going after Luffy?

I mean, Luffy is what, 19? - you'd think these grown ass men would try and take out their pains on Dragon, Garps adult son and not his late-teens grandson.

Reminds me of when Smoker got owned by Dragon and then set right off to catch Luffy - it makes no sense in my mind..

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post

The Admirals and the 4 Yonkou are the ones standing in Luffy's way to become Pirate King. Black beard and Akainu so far seem to be his strongest enemies.
    Also, I have a question, can it be explained why Akainu is stronger then Kizaru? or is it just plot plot no mi in the sense that if Kizaru was a serious guy his DF would be vastly superior to everyone else and because Akainu is more serious he is stronger in a fight.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    ^He doesn't strategize but he's got an insane fighting instinct that he doesn't need to. And to be fair he doesn't need either of it in this fight. Luffy uses his most damaging attack coz he knew Chinjao will take him head on coz that's how he fights. Noticed Luffy never went full g2 on him which he uses for people who like to dodge and move around. Luffy actually picked and use his moves appropriately.
    Honestly, I've yet to see a fight as good as Luffy vs Lucci. I understand in this fight it wasn't necessary, however, Luffy does need to utilize his G2 more often. Hopefully, in the rest of the tournament, we will see smarter fighters that require him to use more speed than brawn.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

@Airicks. Well Dragon is Dragon. Everyone would had a hard time tracking him down. Besides Smokey didn't went after Luffy because he's son of Dragon oe Grandson of Garp. Smokey went after him because Luffy reminded of him of Roger.

About Kizaru. It's hard to tell who is stronger. They all pretty equal to me (including Aokiji). Akainu is only regarded highly more because of his intelligence.

@Shadowfox. Unfortunately in the tournament he won't be able to face a really smart fighter as he's bound to face Burgess. They're both the strongest in the tournament. Luffy will be given a full fight though with Dofla and his men.

I agree Lucci is still the best fight for Luffy as it was a straight up fight. No tricks whatsoever. Just a showcase of pure skills.

sig made by me

I thought Smoker went after Luffy because Luffy was the first pirate to escape Loguetown, which was ridiculous because he had just seen the most wanted man on the planet.

It's like, why not try and capture Dragon who you JUST SEEN? which the obvious answer is that Smoker wouldn't have a chance in hell (at least according to the lore of Dragon, obviously we haven't seen him fight) - it's just funny to see all these 'bad ass' guys decided to go after Luffy for something Garp done.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    it's just funny to see all these 'bad ass' guys decided to go after Luffy for something Garp done.
    Which ones? Besides Don Chinjou, I'm at a lost on who else is or was after Luffy because of Garp?

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    it's just funny to see all these 'bad ass' guys decided to go after Luffy for something Garp done.
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Which ones? Besides Don Chinjou, I'm at a lost on who else is or was after Luffy because of Garp?
    Agreed. Don is the first that I know of. If anything, I wish we could see more of that--Luffy's antics always caused Garp extra grief with his superiors. It only makes sense that Garp's old antics would cause Luffy trouble in the world of pirates (especially seeing how much hate Ace got).

Also, I think the admirals are pretty power even--Akainu just got promoted for the same reason that Garp never did: His mindset/ambition/tactfulness. And wow, since we know that Garp = Roger and vice-versa, it's no wonder Roger had the respect of the pirating world.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.