Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

UQ Holder ~ Ken Akamatsu

Vampire stories sure are popular.

They have flying cars like those from "Back to the Future", man we are almost around year 2015 and no sings of them :p.

I haven't read Negima or Love Hina, but this seems to be interesting on it's own anyway (even though it's technically a sequel to Negima ?).

From the looks of it, MC will soon be joining some kind of high school or organization basing on the cover page.

^ This is the first vampire story I read and enjoyed it. I tried to read Negima but the first couple of chapters are hard to pass by seems to redundant to me. Negima is not a vampire story I'm pretty sure, you sure this a sequel to Negima? Although I don't read it I hear it gets real good later on Negima that is.

Take it from me FM it is worth a shot later on. The action scenes are pretty good, comedy is great, + A broken Character, who doesn't love broken characters?

Also, saw UQ holder on a site earlier but just passed it up, didn't know it was a sequel to negima til' I saw your post. Read it and enjoyed it so far.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

One of the graves had Negi Springfield written over them (he is the MC's grandfather), plus the vampire women, is the same one as the one from Negima (there are even Negima characters appearing in the prologue when she explains what she is and what it means to be immortal), it's just that she is now in an adult form.

The whole setting is around (+/-) 100 years after Negima, 10 years after humanity accepted magic and started using it daily, it is the start of the age of magic (mentioned in this chapter).

It is a sequel, but not a direct sequel (IIRC direct sequel means a sequel that starts more or less where/or right after the oryginal ended and not after 100 years were most, including the MC from the previous one, are dead, seemingly).

I must admit it is well written and drawn. On one side, it draws new readers, while one the other hand the ones that have read Negima will notice some cameos or names, or other references to the story, so basically, reading the previous work, enhances the experience of reading the sequel, though it is not needed to enjoy the sequel itself for what it is by itself. I have seen this being done and it is certainly the safest way to create another work. Not to mention that it gives additional depth to the new story and world.

Isn't his family name the same as konoka? or whatever asuna's BFF's name was?
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFry View Post
    Isn't his family name the same as konoka? or whatever asuna's BFF's name was?
    The second panel from top:
    Spoiler!

One the grave is written "Negi Springfield" and he calls him "grandfather". How could anyone miss that ?

His surname is indeed Konoe, because that's the surname his parents had (as can be seen in above spoiler as well).

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    ^ This is the first vampire story I read and enjoyed it.
    I actually quite like vampire stories , but if I had to point the greatest one, the one that I liked the most, that was so, so good, that blows your mind away, that is really well written and complete, that is overwhelming, superior than all the others, it would have to be: The Record of Fallen Vampire

If one cannot enjoy this story, then the vampire stories are not meant for that someone at all.

Yes, it would seem that the main character's father(or mother) was the offspring of lesbians. Magic explains how that works. The other parent is the child of Negi and whoever.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Yes, it would seem that the main character's father(or mother) was the offspring of lesbians. Magic explains how that works. The other parent is the child of Negi and whoever.
    Isn't adoption, or in vitro a more realistic option ;p ? Also, a branch family, or some other Konoe that was alive, or actually someone with the same surname, but whatsoever without any relation to the ones known form Negima ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I actually quite like vampire stories , but if I had to point the greatest one, the one that I liked the most, that was so, so good, that blows your mind away, that is really well written and complete, that is overwhelming, superior than all the others, it would have to be: The Record of Fallen Vampire

If one cannot enjoy this story, then the vampire stories are not meant for that someone at all.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'm currently finishing Fist of the north star I'll try the record of the fallen vampire after maybe who knows