Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Haha. Probably outright saying I'm not meaning in a perverted way makes more of a case toward that idea than if I had simply left it alone. Eh...jest as you will lol

I just think the hat and sun dress or whatever are a very fitting look for Robin. They make her look intelligent, womanly, and dangerous all at once. The un-comfortableness with how thorough/audacious the dwarves are around her is just pure comedy for someone as seemingly dark as Robin. Hopefully it continues!

Back to more of the chapter events, does anyone else feel like they were robbed of something this chapter? Sure Oda gave an update to basically every plotline currently going on this arc, which was nice, but coming off a break, the chapter felt lacking...maybe it was the poor quality of the scans or the mediocre (cough terrible cough cough) translations that weakened the chapter for me. Even the last page with Luffy Hawk Rifling Chinjao made me feel like "Meh, so what?" It was almost as if Oda was trying too hard to give everyone a bit of what they wanted.....idk. Thoughts?

Yeah BlackRiot, you only like Robin's new look for the articles. Suuuuuuuurrrrreeeeee ;-) Although Robin does seem strangely calm with the amount of...liberties...that the Tontattas are taking. But with their extreme honest nature, I bet they aren't doing it to be perverts--they probably don't have sexual attraction to a different species (human), like Chopper and Nami, or Luffy and any other thing.

I loved that even though they were not present, did not hear the conversation, do not know the circumstances, and have no idea that they were involved, Zoro and Franky immediately recognized Usopp's work! Gotta love the crew dynamics--they really are like a family.

Sometimes you just want to reach into the panels and slap the weakling trio! I was willing to consent that maybe the first time they were caught by surprise, or were more concerned with moving the battle away from the ship to really fight. But here they are shown again just absolutely FAILING against a subordinate, no less. They know exactly what she can do now, exactly how her abilities work--yet they have been hit with her attacks enough MORE times to render all of their weapons--and by extension, themselves--completely useless. They really aren't cut out to be part of this crew. And if they don't retake their own ship and defeat whoever-the-hell-she-is by themselves--THREE-AGAINST-ONE, mind you--then I'm going to start a petition on change.org to have President Obama write a letter to Oda asking that he remove them from the Strawhat crew and replace them with better. Luffy deserves better.

Speaking of Luffy deserving better: What was up with cramming in a new technique from him into half a panel? For the Elephant Gun he got a whole chapter of set-up, and the execution was magnificent. For Red Hawk and Grizzly Magnum, those were so epic that they were turned into cliffhangers--we had to wait a whole other week to see just how much ass had been kicked. But with Hawk Rifle, it just sorta popped out. No set-up. No explosion. No stunned crowd. If Oda wanted to end here, he should'vd just cliffhangered on the wind-up, and showed the spiralling flaming fist coming at Chinjao's face, or colliding with his most powerful headbutt! Basically anything besides Don tanking a new attack across one page :-/

But good chapter, overall. Really hope it settles on one plotline next time though. Everyone's at the flower fields now, so it's time to either have Luffy finish his Block and start Block D, or finish Law's fight with Doffy and Fuji.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Ahhhhhh, I give up lol

I'm wondering if Jora's powers are one of those borderline Paramecia DFs that have properties like Law's or semi-Logias like Mr. 3 or Magellan, where she can simple turn everything in a specific area into art, even following a moment's glance at the object like Nami's Clima-tact. I'd say they are just struggling with this dilemma because of nature of Jora's DF. It's Kalifa all over again! Give it time and I'm sure they'll succeed in defeating her. They've already retaken the ship somewhat and sunk Jora's submarine. All that's left is the big old lady. I have to agree, though, if they don't come out on top against her without Zoro's help, they certainly didn't train hard enough.

Exactly what I was saying about Luffy; his new attack fell flat because of how Oda seemingly rushed it to being the chapter's end. It would have been much better if he had given the attack at least half a chapter, three pages! even than merely one. Oh, well. Hopefully we start in depth again with the C-block battle this next chapter.

^ C block is where Cavendish is at right? His might go quick too. Also some what forgot but are any of Doflamigo's members participating in the tournament? Or are they just watching?

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    ^ C block is where Cavendish is at right? His might go quick too. Also some what forgot but are any of Doflamigo's members participating in the tournament? Or are they just watching?
    Block D is where Cavendish is waiting. Now that Zoro mentions it, I kinda wish he could have lost his way into this tournament, too (completely off-screen, to make it more hilarious). Given Cavendish's little show against Chinjao, he probably could've given Zoro a nice little run for his money. Or at least something to think about.

I believe that the Doflamingo members are slated for Round 2, but that hasn't bee confirmed. Maybe each block winner fights a member of the Doflamingo family, then overall winner vs. Diamante. Or each block winner fights until there is only one block winner left, then gauntlet against each member one by one. Dunno. Pretty sure they won't get to that point in the tournament before all hell breaks loose anyway.

Also, can't wait to see the Arachnid Arachnid fruit, Model: Spider. If it has been eaten by a Tontatta named Peter I'm gonna lose my mind. lol

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Block D is where Cavendish is waiting. Now that Zoro mentions it, I kinda wish he could have lost his way into this tournament, too (completely off-screen, to make it more hilarious). Given Cavendish's little show against Chinjao, he probably could've given Zoro a nice little run for his money. Or at least something to think about.

I believe that the Doflamingo members are slated for Round 2, but that hasn't bee confirmed. Maybe each block winner fights a member of the Doflamingo family, then overall winner vs. Diamante. Or each block winner fights until there is only one block winner left, then gauntlet against each member one by one. Dunno. Pretty sure they won't get to that point in the tournament before all hell breaks loose anyway.

Also, can't wait to see the Arachnid Arachnid fruit, Model: Spider. If it has been eaten by a Tontatta named Peter I'm gonna lose my mind. lol
    I'm sure chaos shall ensue before we make it to round two. As I hypothesized, the crew seems set to all wind up at the Colosseum one way or another, which should pit the top fighters against the top combatants and the Doflamingo Family. Cannot wait to see how this plays out.

And I bet the spider DF has already been eaten by Vice Admiral Onigumo....http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Onigumo

Vice Admiral Onigumo I remember that bastard. He's the one who put the sea stone hand cuffs on Marco during the war.

Damn so we still got 2 more blocks to see? Maybe I shouldn't be rushing this but I just want to see some Luffy vs Doflamingo already.

I just want to get back to Luffy vs Chinjao, finish that up with Luffy being revealed or not, I don't care, and then move on to D-Block where we see Rebecca face off against Olumbus and Cavendish. Even a chapter devoted to Law vs Fujitora and Doflamingo would be appreciated after the slow and unsatisfying chapters we've had of late.

Mangastream has it now: http://readms.com/r/one_piece/718/2019/1

Rereading it again I could see why aggeroff thought he might be connected to the Celestial Dragons.Or it could just be that the Donquixto family been around for the past 900 years. We might get some insight with Robin this arc about the void century and why is it so important to know what it was.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 08-22-2013 at 03:38 PM.

From the look of it after reading this again it seems that Luffy and Chinjoa's isn't over yet. Chinjoa looks like he has Armament Haki on his stomach when Luffy hit him.

Another thing I noticed, there was a "Bang" sound when Law was fighting Dofla over the phone. I wonder what that could have been, I have no idea what could have made that sound in the fight besides Fujitora, but he seemed not to be there at the moment.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off