• Fair, I've seen better

4 25.00%
  • Good I liked it okay

7 43.75%
  • Excellent, Loved it

4 25.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    My explanation [for Minato not being a sage] would be that Jiaiya Didn't think Minato needed it. And maybe Minato would have gone to Fukusaku himelf, if he had lived. Minato was so cool and so "perfect" that Jiaraiya and Fukusaku may have thought that he was already unbeatable as he was.
    I guess you already know that if this was how Kishi explains this, it would be a bit lame. Senjutsu has many advantages as Naruto proved when he fought the third Raikage (Body gets "activated", more chakra (whatever your natural reserves), better regeneration (even if you already have Kurama's full support), better sense of your surroundings). Given that Jirayja was a sage and Minato was not, I am not really convinced that Minato was stronger than his teacher (before he absorbed Yin-Kurama).

Quote Originally Posted by Lakritze View Post
    By the way: Does anyone have a good explanation for Minato not being a toad-sage? Chakra-control or chakra-reserves can't be the issue here.
    Minato was never at the Toad Mountain, otherwise the Old Toad Sage would have told him and Jiraya that he is not the savior student, nor the apocalypse student.

There was really no time to take him there. Seeing as the Mist have openly abducted Rin (with great force at that), the war was still probably going (they wanted to use her as a Nuke anyway). This means that at best, there was a one year of peace between Rin's and Kushin'a death, in which Minato as the Hokage had to take care of the aftermath of the war, while before it, was Ninja War (at which point, as Minato mentioned himself, Konoha was at it's weakest point in their whole history, so he couldn't take a break).

Jiraya himself was probably often send out, or was chasing Oro, or was traveling the world (Minato would have to be at a certain level to be even considered sending there anyway, so the only point would be after becoming jounin but before the war).

I so hope this is not Kishi's plan. What a way to cheapen Sage Mode. Besides Sasuke already got purged of CS when Itachi fought with him. For this once I hope that Kishi does not disregard his own pecedence just for cheap Sasuke Enhancement no Jutsu.
    From what I understood, the CS is a pigment made from Jyugo's cells and imbued with Oro's Senjutsu Chakra. Basically, this is something that Sasuke already has, since his whole chest is made from Jyuugo's cells since the fight with the Bee. Expect Jyugo's face to appear on Sasuke's chest (like with Madara ), since a Sage (like Naruto or Hashirama), might easily activate them, or perhaps Jyuugo himself can do it.

Frankly speaking the whole current situation is actually a plothole. Obito already proved that he can perfectly control a perfect Jinchuriki, like the 3rd Mizukage Yagura, so why can't he suddenly do it with other is never mentioned.

I hope Kishi makes the ending less abrupt and predictable.
    True but who else is going to pull it off if not the main character

Quote Originally Posted by Lakritze View Post
    I guess you already know that if this was how Kishi explains this, it would be a bit lame. Senjutsu has many advantages as Naruto proved when he fought the third Raikage (Body gets "activated", more chakra (whatever your natural reserves), better regeneration (even if you already have Kurama's full support), better sense of your surroundings). Given that Jirayja was a sage and Minato was not, I am not really convinced that Minato was stronger than his teacher (before he absorbed Yin-Kurama).
    Well another thought would be that During the time that Jiraiyah was Apprentishiping Minato and his Comrades, there was war going on (as I recall) , on top of which Jiraiya spent time with Nagato and Co., and shortly after, he went off on his book writting journey away from the village.

Considering Jiyaiya's personality, he may have promised to show minato, but perhaps he got too distracted chasing Girls (cough cough, Tsunade?). Recall that it was not Jiraiya but Toad sage Fukusaku who took it upon himself to teach Naruto Sage Mode, NOT Jiraiya.

So in the end, It was a combination of things. Minato already plenty strong and stable (no cause to be concerned), then Jiraiya was busy fighting for the Village, and shortly after her left for his book writing tour.

Non-the-less, Minato did have a contract with the Toads and could summon Gamabunta so Fukusaku himself may have figured that Either Minato's Chakra levels was not adequate, or the guy was already scary strong and didn't need extra help.

I wonder about his chakra levels. Sure they were adequate, but Minato was a Finesse kind of guy who Killed you with techniques, not with brute force.

Spoiler!

Fukusaku Lays out Conditions for becoming a Toad Sage

I'd like then to summon Fukuisaku so that he could say a word about things. Another thought, what if Minato is actually a Sage? The fact that he hasn't used Sage Mode does not mean he can't. Of course if he were a sage, then he'd have to be an imperfect sage like Jiraiya was, and unlike Naruto who is a true sage.
    Last edited by paulbee; 08-20-2013 at 02:21 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I've always believed that Minato lacked the body necessary to handle Sage Mode. Plenty of Shinobi have "strong" chakra levels without being able to handle Sage Mode, Orochimaru being a perfect example.

Minato's comment that Naruto "can use the same Sage Mode as Jiraiya-sensei" pretty much confirms that Minato himself never had Sage Mode.

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Sasuke does have a one powerful jutsu he can use against Juubito. You guys still remember Kirin ? I bet he will use it on Juubito pretty soon.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Symbiotic Relationship Between Naruto and Kurama?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I was think of Obito near death decide to bring back the Uchiha clan with Rinne Tensei. He does possess the jyubii, which is enough energy to bring back anyone he killed. Also as a result it stimulate a another war Uchiha and Konoha with Sasuke and Naruto continuing their rivalry.

Naruto can already take Kurama's full chakra and convert it into "Naruto" chakra. All he needs is Kurama's Yin so that he has an ample supply of "Yin Naruto chakra" to balance with his "Yang Naruto chakra" (the Yang he currently can convert from Kurama). Once he has the missing half of the Kyuubi, he can balance Kyuubi-level Yin, Yang, and Natural energy to create Kyuubi-level Sage Chakra. The reason he loses Sage Mode to enter his Chakra/Bijuu modes is because he's overloading on Yang and thus can't maintain Sage Mode's balance.

This is something we've talked about here quite a few times, just repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Sasuke does have a one powerful jutsu he can use against Juubito. You guys still remember Kirin ? I bet he will use it on Juubito pretty soon.
    Oh that's an interesting idea, it technically doesn't use much chakra beside as a lock-on system (the dragon-horse form is pure coincidence, supposedly ) and mainly utilizes the force of nature, but it is still just a ninja technique. It wasn't explained in much detail how Obito's ninjutsu cancellation works, but it doesn't absorb chakra, it simply disables it's workings... hmmmm, maybe it's more like severing nerves that control the force, rather than sucking aways it's power source, hmmmmm...

Well, it probably looks complicated on the outside, but if we take into consideration Obito's specialty and his analysis after being hit, it's probably a high level time-space ninjutsu. It's probably something between Space-Time manipulation and Izanagi. It's only weakness seems to be that it works outwardly, but he can't negate or affect the damage done to Jyubi itself. The damage that he himself sustained might not be the result of the Rasengan hitting his body, but rather the Rasengan hitting the Jyubi, which in turn affected his body (perhaps it is more comparable to how it is when one believes to be burned and burn marks appear on ones body).