• Fair, I've seen better

4 25.00%
  • Good I liked it okay

7 43.75%
  • Excellent, Loved it

4 25.00%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ^ Like giving Naruto the Bijuu and Rinnegan to Sasuke ? That's quite an interesting thought, but as long as Madara is still in the play, it probably won't happen.
    Yes, Madara can intervene. However, it would be interesting if Naruto gain possession of all the bijuu to bring peace to the land. If that happen he might not become Hokage. It would be one-sided as a result maybe shikamaru or latest Hokage persuent Sasuke. I would not favor a physical transformation from the bijuu for Naruto rather a spiritual influence similar to his latest feat with Kurama. As for Sasuke, obtaining a progressive level with his sharigan. I don' t favor a Rinnegan per se, it's been over use thus far in the manga as the ultimate dojoustu. I would like Sasuke to reincarnate himself from death with his sharingan. For instance, if Naruto die Sasuke sacrifice both eyes to bring him back and as a result because of the emotional impact of his action he himself came back. So he really sacrifice Itachi eyes to bring Naruto first then later himself was brought back with a new improve sharigan or a new look dojoutsu. As a result Kurama is free since Naruto died and because of his prior experience with Kurama he sealed all the beast within him. While Sasuke with his new found power use a powerful move to defuse Obito back to his normal state(without bijuu).

THere are certain Manga facts and precedents that cannot be thrown away easily. The Sharingan has no known power over life and death, that is the Rinnegan's domain. The Bijuu are also living creatures with mind, will, and conscience, they need to be respected and allowed to determine their own fates.

So far, the Bijuus have mostly (if not all) donated a portion of their existence to Naruto, and knowing Naruto's personality he's going to protect them with all he's got.

To my mind, the only way forward for Sasuke is the Rinnegan, but he doesn't possess any Senju life-force as of yet, and I don't think Natural Energy from Juugo (which he already latently possesses from Juugo's donation), will be sufficient to transform his Sharingan to a Rinnegan.

As to the way forward, it is too difficult to foretell at this point, but I could easily see a Sasuke vs Madara fight, although Hashirama has to be somehow sidelined for that to happen.

Finally I personally won't like Naruto to die for any reason, although I could see him Meeting with the SO6P on another plane of existence (similar to astral planes). Anyway, lets see how the story unfolds.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Finally I personally won't like Naruto to die for any reason, although I could see him Meeting with the SO6P on another plane of existence (similar to astral planes). Anyway, lets see how the story unfolds.
    Basing on what we know, it might be impossible or very easy. It might be impossible, because it was mentioned that there is a cycle of life, death and reincarnation, so So6p is quite likely already reincarnated (as Naruto, kukuku, well there is a certain foreshadowing to that, but it might not be the case). It might be very easy because Chakra also contains mind and someone like So6p, with the knowledge of seals and the rest (including the domain over death, life and reincarnation), could have easily stored it to eventually lead one that is meant to be lead in the far away future.

I actually wonder when people get reincarnated, I mean after what time after their death ? Like, the moment that all traces of their physical bodies have disappeared, or way, way later ?

Naruto still battles against "the young man with such power in his eyes"whatever part of the prophecy, so one have to wonder what the Toad Sage wanted to tell Naruto after that. Perhaps we will soon get a short moment, where Fukasaku asks the Toad Sage, what was the rest of the prophecy, or something like that.

I have to wonder about the prophesy. At the time we read/heard the prophesy Tobi was still talking about syncing Sasuke to Geddou Mazou, so the prophesy was in line with the events in the Manga at the time. Since then Sasuke has turned around, Tobi was shown to be Obito, and Madara has been revived.

If Kishimoto has not forgotten the prophesy, he has to somehow generate a fulfilment of it. Maybe the prophesy was never about Sasuke, but was about Obito all along. Compared to the Great Toad Sage, Obito IS a Young Man (with powerful eyes), and Naruto only assumed it was Sasuke.

While it's not impossible to happen, it would certainly be a really hard, hard turn to make Sasuke into an adversary once again. If Kishimoto again turns Sasuke into an enemy of Konoha, it would really wreck the smooth flow of the Manga.
    Last edited by paulbee; 08-26-2013 at 01:25 AM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

^ It's almost certainly Obito, since after Naruto says that he knows, the T.Sage asks Naruto if knows what he is (thus already implying that the young man with powerful eyes is not quite human).

No, it's obviously referring to Sasuke. Look at the context; Naruto acknowledged that he intended to face a Young Man, which certainly didn't apply to his perception of Tobi at the time. Not only that, it came directly after Naruto's confrontation with Sasuke, during which they resolved to settle their score. It was that confrontation that brought Naruto to the decision to master the Kyuubi's power in the first place, since he knew he'd need it to face Sasuke.

Beyond that, it still doesn't make sense to view Obito as a "young man", even in the current context of the series. It's not the Toad Sage's definition of Young we're going by, but Naruto's as the recipient of the prophecy. Naruto views Sasuke as his peer, and would acknowledge Sasuke and himself as young men.

Further, the story is quite well set for Naruto and Sasuke to have their battle down the road. It wouldn't be inconsistent at all with the current arc. Sasuke makes vague, dark hints about his intentions every other chapter, and is only joining with Naruto for now out of necessity. If they prevail against Obito, the two will certainly butt heads over which direction the Shinobi world ought to take moving forward (and who should lead it).

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    No, it's obviously referring to Sasuke. Look at the context; Naruto acknowledged that he intended to face a Young Man, which certainly didn't apply to his perception of Tobi at the time. Not only that, it came directly after Naruto's confrontation with Sasuke, during which they resolved to settle their score. It was that confrontation that brought Naruto to the decision to master the Kyuubi's power in the first place, since he knew he'd need it to face Sasuke.

Beyond that, it still doesn't make sense to view Obito as a "young man", even in the current context of the series. It's not the Toad Sage's definition of Young we're going by, but Naruto's as the recipient of the prophecy. Naruto views Sasuke as his peer, and would acknowledge Sasuke and himself as young men.

Further, the story is quite well set for Naruto and Sasuke to have their battle down the road. It wouldn't be inconsistent at all with the current arc. Sasuke makes vague, dark hints about his intentions every other chapter, and is only joining with Naruto for now out of necessity. If they prevail against Obito, the two will certainly butt heads over which direction the Shinobi world ought to take moving forward (and who should lead it).
    Well, looking at the context, Naruto also had a mayor confrontation with Tobi as well. What's more, technically, Naruto met Obito before meeting Sasuke, so again this might imply that Naruto's actual Uchiha foe might have always been Obito. Just like Madara with Hashirama, Obito and Naruto also once believed in the same thing, but it changed in time for Obito (while Sasuke was always after revenge).

Let's not forget, Naruto didn't say the name of the young man, thus it was a misunderstanding on both sides. Naruto thinking that it was Sasuke and the T.Saga thinking that Naruto knows, which he didn't (not to mention Obito is a far more threatening and overwhelming foe that Sasuke ever was).

Obito is young, there are few points suggesting that. First, after the time-skip, Kakashi proclaims that he is still young and thus also grew and developed/mastered a new powerful technique (he was referencing Kamui). It is also shown that the T.Sage's perception is subjective to her and not for the one that she tells the prophecy for, like how she viewed the tropical turtle island as heaven, while Naruto viewed it as hell/demonic/monster island. For her, a man in around his 30's is obviously young, not to mention that most of the frogs called a 50+ year old Jiraya a boy. Also, the Hashirama cells might make him look younger . What's more, Madara himself also sees Obito as a kid/young.

When the full story of Naruto's past was showed, it was actually pointing that Naruto's nemesis was always Obito. It was Obito's fault that his parents died. He was given the Kyubi to fight Obito. The real reverse of Naruto was always Obito much more than Sasuke. The current situation, the dynamic between Naruto and Obito, does exhibit it.

Also, the prophecy doesn't end at fighting the young man with powerful eyes, there is an "and-" which Naruto interrupted.

The fact that the T.Sage asked Naruto "do you know what he is ?" instead of "do you know who he is ?" imply that the young man isn't quite human. The Zetsus themselves mentions something about Obito not being quite human anymore, or along those lines at least, in Obito's flashback.

Sasuke and Naruto might still battle, but it probably won't be of the same importance as Naruto's fight against Obito.

Well, looking at the context, Naruto also had a mayor confrontation with Tobi as well. What's more, technically, Naruto met Obito before meeting Sasuke, so again this might imply that Naruto's actual Uchiha foe might have always been Obito. Just like Madara with Hashirama, Obito and Naruto also once believed in the same thing, but it changed in time for Obito (while Sasuke was always after revenge).

Let's not forget, Naruto didn't say the name of the young man, thus it was a misunderstanding on both sides. Naruto thinking that it was Sasuke and the T.Saga thinking that Naruto knows, which he didn't (not to mention Obito is a far more threatening and overwhelming foe that Sasuke ever was).

Obito is young, there are few points suggesting that. First, after the time-skip, Kakashi proclaims that he is still young and thus also grew and developed/mastered a new powerful technique (he was referencing Kamui). It is also shown that the T.Sage's perception is subjective to her and not for the one that she tells the prophecy for, like how she viewed the tropical turtle island as heaven, while Naruto viewed it as hell/demonic/monster island. For her, a man in around his 30's is obviously young, not to mention that most of the frogs called a 50+ year old Jiraya a boy. Also, the Hashirama cells might make him look younger . What's more, Madara himself also sees Obito as a kid/young.

When the full story of Naruto's past was showed, it was actually pointing that Naruto's nemesis was always Obito. It was Obito's fault that his parents died. He was given the Kyubi to fight Obito. The real reverse of Naruto was always Obito much more than Sasuke. The current situation, the dynamic between Naruto and Obito, does exhibit it.

Also, the prophecy doesn't end at fighting the young man with powerful eyes, there is an "and-" which Naruto interrupted.

The fact that the T.Sage asked Naruto "do you know what he is ?" instead of "do you know who he is ?" imply that the young man isn't quite human. The Zetsus themselves mentions something about Obito not being quite human anymore, or along those lines at least, in Obito's flashback.

Sasuke and Naruto might still battle, but it probably won't be of the same importance as Naruto's fight against Obito.

I don't think Obito was ever Jiraya apprentice doesn't that eliminate him as the child f prophecy. Also, Sasuke might be included because Jiraya prefer Naruto over Sasuke during his fight with orichimaru. That probably created Sasuke path as the one that lean toward the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by kallateroll View Post
    I don't think Obito was ever Jiraya apprentice doesn't that eliminate him as the child f prophecy. Also, Sasuke might be included because Jiraya prefer Naruto over Sasuke during his fight with orichimaru. That probably created Sasuke path as the one that lean toward the dark side.
    Hmmm, I'm sorry, but what the heck were you reading :O ? There seems to be a certain misunderstanding. I'm not talking about Jiraya's prophecy of having a student that will turn out a savior or destroyer, but about Naruto's prophecy pertaining to him battling against a "...Young Man with Powerful Eyes...and-":
    Spoiler!

I guess it is worth mentioning that most of the T.Sage's prophecies are misinterpreted, like the one about Jiraya's student being a savior or destroyer, was originally read as one student having two paths before him, instead of Jiraya having 2 students, one savior, the other destroyer, whose battle between will decide which one will remain and thus later affect the world accordingly (if Nagato were to survive, he would revive Madara who would have destroyed the world in the end, by recreating it into new one or something along those lines, or he would put into motion his own plan, who knows ?).

Hmmm, I'm sorry, but what the heck were you reading :O ? There seems to be a certain misunderstanding. I'm not talking about Jiraya's prophecy of having a student that will turn out a savior or destroyer, but about Naruto's prophecy pertaining to him battling against a "...Young Man with Powerful Eyes...and-":
    Spoiler!

I guess it is worth mentioning that most of the T.Sage's prophecies are misinterpreted, like the one about Jiraya's student being a savior or destroyer, was originally read as one student having two paths before him, instead of Jiraya having 2 students, one savior, the other destroyer, whose battle between will decide which one will remain and thus later affect the world accordingly (if Nagato were to survive, he would revive Madara who would have destroyed the world in the end, by recreating it into new one or something along those lines, or he would put into motion his own plan, who knows ?).

Understood, but Obito since the war have not use his eye for battle according to my memory to fight naruto. Furthermore, he was unable to pass through naruto, I guess that eliminate Obito as " young man with powerful eye". To me Sasuke fit the desÁription if he obtain something comparable to naruto current strength. I personally rather it not be rinengan. A six to nine tomea sharigan similar to DB-GT ss4 without golden hair. Also only Madara obtain the Rinnegan, everyone else is just using it as a capable vessel. So Sasuke obtaining the Rinnegan as of right now is to far fetch.