• Fair, I've seen better

4 25.00%
  • Good I liked it okay

7 43.75%
  • Excellent, Loved it

4 25.00%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Much as I hate Mangastream's vulgarity and general lack of respect for characters, I still like the cleaner images and lower number of grammatical errors.

I wish I could get confirmation on one thing: of all the translations that have come out for this chapter, it seems Mangapanda are the only ones who interpreted it to reveal that Obito can't travel through dimensions (use Kamui) with the Juubi sealed in him. I wondered if that were true, but Mangastream didn't seem to read it that way.
    When each of the few translations are different, at different points (lol), it's really hard to get what's right and wrong.

The thing with Kamui, that can't be right. Obito not even once has used his Kamui after sealing the Jyubi, there was also no indication of Obito activating his MS when getting hit by that Rasengan, so it's not like he tried to pull it off (first he would need to activate his MS, for him to then to notice that he can't use Kamui, otherwise he would have first noticed that he can't use MS and that was not the case):
    Spoiler!

unless he tried at some previous point, didn't work and opted to do something different (then again, why would he mentions this only now ?).

I have to admit that I'm not so sure that I know what's really going on, because each translation is a bit different. So far, these were the indications that are given, by all of the translations I have read so far:
    1) the thing with Kurama:
    - Kyubi is bashing Minato that he was naive thinking that he would cooperate just because his other half has (this is quite likely false, since Black Kyubi agrees to cooperate quite easily),
    - Kyubi is bashing Minato because, even though he had foreseen this situation (the two halves teaming again), he doesn't try to cooperate, instead falling into despair and doing nothing (quite likely),
    - Kyubi is bashing Minato and foretold another prophecy regarding Naruto, personally to Minato (unlikely),
    - Kyubi is bashing Minato, that instead of aiding and cooperating with his son, he has fallen into despair (about Obito, Kushin, Naruto etc.) and doesn't do much (quite likely),
    - Kyubi himself does or does not talk about cooperating or not,

2) the thing with Obito:
    - the Jyubi has such a weakness,
    - the Jyubi's jinchuriki has such a weakness,
    - Obito can't use Kamui,
    - Obito took damage because of it reaching Jyubi,
    - he took the damage even though Jyubi is part of him, thus he can't be reckless,
    - he took the damage because he couldn't shift himself to another dimension,

3) the talk about Natural Energy and the like:
    - Naruto does explain and Naruto himself doesn't fully understands (likely),
    - Naruto explains and Sasuke doesn't fully understands,

4) the anniversary:
    - of Rin's and Kushina's death,
    - of Minato's and Kushina's death,

5) the rest:
    - here and there, quite a bit of different interpretations that change the feel, flow or meaning a bit, but not really important to the story.

Looking at it from the sideline, one could wonder if they really were translating the same thing, but really it's that hard and so easy to make a mistake. That is why it's always good to doubt the translation itself, if the current action or situation contradicts it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Frankly I can't ever recall the Manga stating any other explanation for Kakashi's debilitating exhaustion after Sharingan overuse, other than Chakra drain.
    There was mention of it at Zabuza arc, after their first battle. Kakashi is alright and then the strain from overusing the Sharingan, not Chakra, forces him into a weakened state for a week (many characters have overused their chakra and seemed fine the next day), at least that's the explanation given after he awakes.

There was also some mention when Kakashi first encountered Itachi (it's also worth mentioning that one the kids younger than Naruto, yet stronger than Kakashi, mentioned at Zabuza arc, is presumably Itachi). It is strange though, Itachi states that Kakashi's body is compatible with the Sharingan, yet it still heavily strains him. Maybe it strains his mind instead, since Kakashi doesn't have spiritual powers at the level of the Uchiha and it is simply later reflected on his body ?

It's possible that it was simply changed over time.
    Last edited by Zero; 08-23-2013 at 01:54 AM.

@ Zero,

1) The Yin Kyuubi seems to (FOR SURE) bash Minato for his current mental turmoil and susceptibility to Obito's Taunts and Put downs, however I do have a quarell with Kishimoto. In order for Minato to expect the Two Halves of the Kyuubi to cooperate, he (Minato) must have first anticipated that the Yin Kyuubi would be later released from The Death God's Belly during Naruto's Lifetime.....Now, Really Kishi? ..... Are you this desperate to rewrite Manga History or Are you saying that Minato is really that smart?

2) Obito can't use Kamui..Reason is: Juubi is composed of very dense Natural energy, Kakashi had a very negative impact warping something the size of Hachibi with Kamui, moving the Dense Natural energy of the Juubi's body may be too hard to do.

3) If Sasuke had never seen Naruto's Sage Mode, then it would have been he that did not understand. This is not the Case.

4) All the above is infered. Minato and Kushina died together, Rin later died on the anniversary. At least that's how I rationalised the comment.

5) I think Kishi is not explicitly stating things, and Natural Japanese readers probably understand he is infering stuff. The Interpreters could not acheive the same inferrences adequately in English, so they attempted to fill the blanks.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I was just reading 432 again and i noticed that Naruto made a Rasengan with only one hand. I think that is the first confirmed use of it without either using a clone or Kurama to help him.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    I was just reading 432 again and i noticed that Naruto made a Rasengan with only one hand. I think that is the first confirmed use of it without either using a clone or Kurama to help him.
    Yeah, I noticed it too. ABOUT TIME KISHI.

Spoiler!

@ Zero,

1) The Yin Kyuubi seems to (FOR SURE) bash Minato for his current mental turmoil and susceptibility to Obito's Taunts and Put downs, however I do have a quarell with Kishimoto. In order for Minato to expect the Two Halves of the Kyuubi to cooperate, he (Minato) must have first anticipated that the Yin Kyuubi would be later released from The Death God's Belly during Naruto's Lifetime.....Now, Really Kishi? ..... Are you this desperate to rewrite Manga History or Are you saying that Minato is really that smart?

2) Obito can't use Kamui..Reason is: Juubi is composed of very dense Natural energy, Kakashi had a very negative impact warping something the size of Hachibi with Kamui, moving the Dense Natural energy of the Juubi's body may be too hard to do.

3) If Sasuke had never seen Naruto's Sage Mode, then it would have been he that did not understand. This is not the Case.

4) All the above is infered. Minato and Kushina died together, Rin later died on the anniversary. At least that's how I rationalised the comment.

5) I think Kishi is not explicitly stating things, and Natural Japanese readers probably understand he is infering stuff. The Interpreters could not acheive the same inferrences adequately in English, so they attempted to fill the blanks.
    to address your first comment: what if the scroll suigetsu and juugo found was a scroll left by minato and intended for naruto, but orochimaru somehow stole it? kind of an "out-there" prediction, I know.

as for your fourth: I think it was the other way around. when obito attacked the leaf and caused the death of naruto's parents, he was spamming kamui and had the kyuubi. when run died he had only just healed enough to start moving after being crushed by a rock.

@ Zero,
    He had problem warping 8-tail, but was alright when he was warping Naruto's clone while the clone was using Kyubi's power. Also considering that Obito has doubted Minato's capability to move something as big as the Jyubi Tree (a strange thing, considering that Minato have successfully warped the whole Kyubi, which Obito saw with his own eyes, perhaps it means that the Jyubi Tree is simply that much bigger ?), would suggest that the size is actually the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffreynojutsu View Post
    to address your first comment: what if the scroll suigetsu and juugo found was a scroll left by minato and intended for naruto, but orochimaru somehow stole it? kind of an "out-there" prediction, I know.

as for your fourth: I think it was the other way around. when obito attacked the leaf and caused the death of naruto's parents, he was spamming kamui and had the kyuubi. when run died he had only just healed enough to start moving after being crushed by a rock.
    That can't be right, Minato himself was shocked and was asking how Orochimarue managed to break the Dead Demon Seal. If he had left the key, his first question would be regarding it, asking if Orochimaru had found it. If something, Minato might have been expecting that the Kyubi would have been freed eventually, naturally by itself, though it's unlikely, since Minato seemingly attempted to indefinitely weaken the Kyubi.

I wonder why Minato even split the Kyubi. Is it because Naruto didn't have the capability to host the whole Kyubi, which only a few of the Uzumaki could (Mito and Kushina) ? Minato was supposedly trying to preserve the existing balance of the bijuu, but weakening the Kyubi, was actually an act of tilting that balance, so he had to have a reason to do that. Then again, Minato was made to be a bit of a naive type, so I guess him believing that no one would have noticed (from other villages, enemies) that Kyubi was greatly weakened, isn't so surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffreynojutsu View Post

Obito used summoning on the Kyuubi, not Kamui.

he was also using kamui. didn't say he moved the kyuubi with it.

It might not be that Minato expected the two Kyuubi to be re-united, he probably tried to anticipate every possibility. This might be his Worst/Best case scenario; Best, because Naruto and the Kyuubi are actual partners working together, but Worst, because it's so desperate that Minato was revived and there is a need for the other half of the Kyuubi. Minato had to know there was a way to reverse the Dead Demon seal, since he researched it to begin with. Maybe he hoped it wouldn't be necessary, but all it would take is someone desperate enough to ask, "Hey, is there a way to reverse this and release them?" and the chain of events leading to him being freed would be initiated. Orochimaru had to find out somehow, after all.

Kamui can be used on a tailed-beast, Kakashi used it on the 8-tails before Obito absorbed the ten-tails. Obito just hasn't needed it. He's too fast, and his defenses are absolute, so he doesn't need to phase through anything. Honestly, I think the only reason Naruto's attack worked was because Obito was overconfident and didn't think he had to worry about it. Otherwise Obito would have dodged it.

I think the reason we are having to figure out questions about Kamuui and The Yin Kyuubi's sealing is that Kishi is probably making things up and never had a well planned ending. I have felt this way since Tobi = Obito.

If you try to predict/anticipate Kishimoto based on Manga precedents, you'd be disapointed some of the time. There is just no way around the fact that Minato wanted to weaken the Kyuubi, and that He wasn't expecting to be freed. Even if he were freed, he'd be a spirit, and the Yin Kyuubi would take some time before it reappeared and reformulated itself.

On Obito and Kamui, I had always thought that Kamui was on all the time unless Obito turned it off, so going by that it is possible that Obito had turned Kamui off, and there are at leats 2, maybe 3 good reasons.

1) He knows Kakashi is alive, and warping part of his body into the Kamui dimension is asking to be attacked by Kakashi.

2) He tought his Ninjutsu neutalization was still in effect, hence no need for Kamui.

3) He thought the Juubi's Body was too resistant to attacks, hence, no need for Kamuii.

we could add a 4th)Something about the Juubi makes Kamui difficult to maintain.