5 25.00%
  • Average

1 5.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Minato should have known Naruto could use Senjutsu early in his first fight with Pain when he had a little bit of chakra inside his son and now he just forgets? lol

MANGASTREAM VERSION

And Sage Mode returns.

Hmmmmm, looks like Obito can't use the full power of the Pain's Paths, after all the Fat Pain was able to not only absorb Sage Rasengans (thrown by Naruto and Jiraya), but also was able to directly absorb Senjutsu Chakra from Naruto (after absorbing more than Naruto can hold at one time his balance was toppled). It seems that if Madara had become the Jyubi Jinchuriki, the Senjutsu would have been also ineffective.

Obito doesn't have the benefit of someone watching his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Titokhan View Post
    now that the realize senjutsu might be the key, and are able to get shikamaru that information. then we might be onto something. Wait, Hinata should have seen Naruto go into sage mode, shouldn't she? I mean if she saw the two of them smiling at the end of last chapter, this is a no brainer.

as for why this rasengan didn't get absorbed while the one in the fight with the paths did. I'm not sure. that path's only ability was absorbing attacks based on chakra. the thrown FRS that got absorbed that time might not have had sage chakra in it perhaps, he just needed sage mode to be able to throw it
    As Zero pointed out below, Fat Pain absorbed the sage energy from Naruto...That's why he turned into a Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Minato should have known Naruto could use Senjutsu early in his first fight with Pain when he had a little bit of chakra inside his son and now he just forgets? lol
    That Minato is not the same one here. Minato's true Soul has no recollection of what his "Mental Energy" self did or saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Hmmmmm, looks like Obito can't use the full power of the Pain's Paths, after all the Fat Pain was able to not only absorb Sage Rasengans (thrown by Naruto and Jiraya), but also was able to directly absorb Senjutsu Chakra from Naruto (after absorbing more than Naruto can hold at one time his balance was toppled). It seems that if Madara had become the Jyubi Jinchuriki, the Senjutsu would have been also ineffective.
    Kishimoto better be careful, there are lots of Sharp readers with sharp minds and memory reading his manga, LOL.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Here's my thing: I thought this chapter was awesome. However, Minato doesnt seem to be the legendary ninja he was made out to be. And on top of that, he's a jinchuriki now. Why is he sooooo weak. He should actually be stronger/even more deadly than he was when he was alive. The Yellow Flash in Kyubi mode should be a beast out there. Instead, Tobirama is making him look like a complete amatuer.

On another note, how badass is Tobirama? He's the only reason why everyone is still alive. He's the one coming up with the plans and if he didnt come up with the plan then the plan is only successful because he assisted in some way. He also seems to be faster than Minato.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    Here's my thing: I thought this chapter was awesome. However, Minato doesnt seem to be the legendary ninja he was made out to be. And on top of that, he's a jinchuriki now. Why is he sooooo weak. He should actually be stronger/even more deadly than he was when he was alive. The Yellow Flash in Kyubi mode should be a beast out there. Instead, Tobirama is making him look like a complete amatuer.

On another note, how badass is Tobirama? He's the only reason why everyone is still alive. He's the one coming up with the plans and if he didnt come up with the plan then the plan is only successful because he assisted in some way. He also seems to be faster than Minato.
    the manga definitely depicts a generational flow of peace. from the chaotic, warring clans of the early post-SOSP ninja world to the currently organized ninja village system, each generation is more comfortable and less battle-hardened than the one before. i think that makes it believable to see senjutsu coming out on top as the most powerful form of the types, and that a once-in-a-generation genius Minato could be stronger than the Third Hokage but weaker than the Second. also, Tobirama is a Senju which makes him the strongest of a much tougher generation than anyone alive or recently dead could really imagine. then again, we're seeing a fast-paced battle at about 30 seconds or less per week so it could still be anyone's game. blows minato is an edo amputee now tho.

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    what do you think Minato was doing in there when Naruto was up to private things? what about Minato's private things? we know Zetsu don't, but maybe Chakra heeds nature's call...?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    However, Minato doesnt seem to be the legendary ninja he was made out to be. And on top of that, he's a jinchuriki now. Why is he sooooo weak. He should actually be stronger/even more deadly than he was when he was alive. The Yellow Flash in Kyubi mode should be a beast out there. Instead, Tobirama is making him look like a complete amatuer.
    When Jiraya mentioned that Naruto is similar to Minato, after Naruto stepped on shit (twice in a row on the same one, lol), you should have realized at that point, that Minato wasn't as smart as he was made out to be . Basically, Minato was seemingly never truly the smart type, he was more like Naruto and Jiraya, the wise (but naive) type (most of the things he says are more philosophical, based on his experience, inner set of morals, rather than inborn intellect, you know the whole heart thing and the like), with nice imagination. I bet that Minato first gave the Rasengan a ridiculous name, until Kushina reprimanded him and named it herself, or something along those lines (looks like Minato becoming a Hokage thanks to Kushina isn't as farfetched as it seemed at first ). Of course, Minato was still a genius, but a genius at ninjutsu and not the intellectual one from the looks of it (he is more comparable to Sasuke, rather than Shikamaru, Tobirama or Kakashi).

Minato is just being dumbed down for this story only.

I mean ask yourself, What exactly has Minato done that's stupid, or incompetent...nothing. Remember that Jiraiya Called Minato a once in a generation Genious, a man who never did anything unncecessarily.

Spoiler!

He's been slower since he lost his arm though. Look at last week's manga and see him reaching accross his own body to grab the bomb Obito placed on him. That is true dumbing down. The problem with having so many legends together is that Kishi has to make some look weaker in order to make others shine.

From now on, Minato's role is to Pass on his Will and The Yin Kyuubi to Naruto.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    I have a question, let's say Naruto defeats Obito won't that just leave the Juubi inside free to take over? ...Kinda like what Oro did with Sasuke.
    That's what I expect will happen. I think that as Obito begins to weaken the Juubi will start to reclaim its dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yeah, this is becoming more and more of a problem. It seems like Kishimoto is dumbing down the powers of some of the stronger characters. This is a common mistake in series where characters get to godly levels of power, Naruto has actually done a pretty decent job of explaining each battle so far but its getting into dangerous territory I hope Kishimoto has thought this through. As this chapter showed he already seems to have made some pretty obvious mistakes.

With that said I am still not really sure what to make of Obito's powers. While his powers are obviously immense he really doesn't seem to be taking advantage of the abilities that he should have (his time space techniques and his Rinnegan techniques). As you mentioned, Pain was able to use the Rinnegan quite effectively against Sage mode Naruto so Obito should really have no problem countering Naruto's Sage mode techniques if he uses those abilities. Of course, with Minato and Tobirama to support Naruto that does somewhat explain how he could land a hit and catch Obito off guard.

It seems like whenever a character gets new abilities their old powers take a backseat and sometimes that makes it seem like they don't have them at all. I was actually surprised when Sasuke was able to summon a snake because after getting the Mangekyou he never used any of those techniques. Yet they popped up again eventually. Obito probably does have all of the Rinnegan techniques but he is just favoring the ascended bloodline powers. Who knows at this point though, hopefully it will all be explained a little more clearly soon.