5 25.00%
  • Average

1 5.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    minato is genius in every sense you can mean it or take it. his silly sense of humor and hashirama like spirit can sometimes cause a false impression, which is a good thing if such personality traits were among things considered when an opponent were to size him up! (if raikage were to underestimate him after hearing a ridiculous jutsu name for example).

tobirama/second hokage makes seemingly unfair yet authoritative remarks about minato (sometimes lumped with naruto) because he is conditioned to treat such personality having been conditioned by his upbringing and relationship to his brother, hashirama.

tobirama will naturally talk down to such people no matter their level of superiority or sheerness of their genius.. it is something that should be its own study and discussion for tobirama but it's sad to see it create confusion regarding minato because like hashirama and naruto, he is sort of like a "hakuchi".. a white knowledge pure of heart kind of guy without intellectual impairment (contrarily, is gifted). tobirama has a very cold attitude that can steep into negativity when necessary. such personality is sooner and more immediately burdened by impending horrors and must deal with such problems in the harsh ways it has limited itself to seeing. when you pair such a person, in battle, to a partner on the opposite side of the personality coin... you get the picture.

__

more than the recovered hokages or kakashi's vital signs, i am mostly curious of orochimaru's motives given that he is currently mirror to sasuke in the whole "i've changed" dept. kishi has played the character well enough to keep me guessing as to who's train he will ultimately hijack, madara's or sasuke's... especially given that his aim during the time-skip period saw far ahead enough to deal with the critical elements currently at work with just about every major player. to a lesser extent, kabuto.. and what specific impressions he has made on orochimaru since being "ascertained" while immobilized.

__

minato may have used the cloak simply as a display for the sake of naruto or to grandstand (similar to how jaraya does). like paulbee, i don't think the cloak has been the sign of any sort of powerup or other benefit so far with minato's abilities. the best case, though, appeared when he wanted to enhance one of his more powerful techniques but was deemed unnecessary or ridiculous by tobirama then preempted by naruto and sasuke. i am of the belief minato has not been operating on a level different than if he were simply giving his best as a living hokage without sealed 9tails chakra. last thing i will say about the chakra is that instead of being a means to powerup, it could simply be radiating from minato no longer having the concentration to suppress or properly manage things with his seal and the seal is doing all of the heavy lifting and working as intended. the mechanics are not 100% identical to naruto's circumstances. i simply dont see minato being powered up by fox chakra yet.
    Last edited by knife eater; 08-12-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Well, Minato's cloak at least buffs Minato's base stats.. for instance, he's made extensive use of Kagebunshins, which he may not have been able to do with his baseline chakra reserves (I've never considered him a HIGH chakra type like Naruto, so even if he won't run out of chakra as an Edo, his clones would still be weak without chakra mode).

Also, Minato gains some durability from Chakra Mode. I know we don't really care, because we're used to seeing Edos burst into confetti, but it allowed Minato and his clone to take kicks from Juubito without dying / going "poof." That alone is worth it.

Maybe the Chakra Mode upped the power of Minato's contribution to the barrier on the Juubi, similar to how Hashirama entered Sage Mode to throw in his own Sealing technique on top of the barrier.

We always considered the biggest boost from Chakra Mode (aside from extra limbs) to be stamina / speed, neither of which EDO Minato would ever lack to begin with... I'm simply trying to figure out which other benefits Minato might have obtained.

FYI - Tobirama talks down to everyone "who acts silly" even his brother Hashirama so I wouldn't read to much into it. He's a straightforward factual no nonsense kind of character. So I'm in agreement with Knife eater on this point.

- I think it makes sense that Minato will release the seal on himself and transfer the remaining Kyuubi mode to Naruto.

All this time Naruto has been fighting handicapped as a jinchuuriki with only half the 9 tails power. With the full power of the Kyuubi at his control Naruto's power will elevate to a new level.

- I think we are going to see the Kyuubi mode- Sage mode combo but there will be drawbacks from using it as the more powerful the jutsu the more the risk. I suspect after using it he wont be able to use either mode for several minutes.

- I still think Sarutobi is coming back into the fight as Obito was not in full control when he attacked him so the Edo Tensei parts of him under attack was not cancelled.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I think it makes sense that Minato will release the seal on himself and transfer the remaining Kyuubi mode to Naruto.
    As I see it, Minato entered that mode in the first place as it will be a necessary step in releasing the kyubii's yin and giving it to naruto. He entered that mode more as a preparation and necessary step (getting the ball rolling so to speak) in handing it over to naruto, not to necessarily power himself up. We were only just introduced to the yin fox this chapter and before that we had no real indication Minato was forcefully taking fox chakra to gain powerups. sorry, it's late.

so far in the manga, whenever a ninja gets powered up by a bijuu or its chakra (99% of the time jinchuuriki) there is a brief moment given to the relationship between nin and beast as pertains to the powering up. in minato's case we have none of that.

in fact, im beginning to counter my own "rikudou mode" statements from months earlier. i need to be careful and reassess based on what is known.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

I think/hope that the next chapter or two will show Minato at his best, just before he gives Naruto the Kyuubi's Yin. And as others have said, Tobirama being a VERY severe Man, and LACKING ANY SENSE OF HUMOR will regularly berate anybody he thinks of as not being serious.

Naruto has hurt Obito, but I don't think One Rassengan is going to put down the Juubi's Jinchuuriki. The others will have to pile on Obito right now, before Naruto runs out of Sage Mode.

Naruto's Kyuubi Chakra mode may be different from Minato (Yang vs Yin), For starters, Minato has been unable so far to sense any evil intent from people or he hasn't been depicted that way by Kishi. If this is not a mere omission, it could imply that Minato has to willfully desire those effects before they actually happen with the Yin Chakra, or maybe the Yin Chakra simply does not provide some effects including Chakra arms.

Another thought is that Minato is willingly not using YinFox CHakra because his baseline chakra is low, and the Fox has been sucking it out of him, slowing him down so to speak. Basically he found out soon after he entered Chakra Mode that it's sucking him dry but ET is compensating. If he powers down in the heat of battle, he may not be able to do high chakra acts like Teleporting the Juubi's Bijuu Bomb away. Let's not forget that Minato has already saved everybody's lives in an almost casual manner.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Just noting that according to the official shonen jump translation, Mangapanda was actually correct: Kyuubi-Yin was saying that it was no wonder Naruto was able to win over Kyuubi-Yang. Mangastream's version made it sound as if Kyuubi-Yin was admitting that he too had just been won over by Naruto, and that is not the case. Kinda changes the whole meaning of that last page.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Just noting that according to the official shonen jump translation, Mangapanda was actually correct: Kyuubi-Yin was saying that it was no wonder Naruto was able to win over Kyuubi-Yang. Mangastream's version made it sound as if Kyuubi-Yin was admitting that he too had just been won over by Naruto, and that is not the case. Kinda changes the whole meaning of that last page.
    Official shonen jump translation ? Strange, I thought that they were way behind the current chapters (4 weeks if not more), did they finally catch up ?

In the next chapter Kyubi might admit that Naruto won him over, but if what you said is correct, then he certainly did not admit it in this one, no, he only stated that he is impressed by Naruto's achievements. Well, the Mangastream scanlations tend to fall short or overboard in these kinds of situations.

They really do. Not that I don't appreciate their efforts.

No, the English version of Shonen Jump releases at the same time as the Japanese version of Shonen Jump! The scan/trans-lation that we always read here on Wednesday are the upcoming chapters that will appear in the Shonen Jump that is released the following Monday--both in Japan and here. They're not behind--we just get to read parts of the volume in advance. Again, even before Japan "officially" gets it.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Oh Wow, that changes everything...What happened to Mangastream?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar

.. You've to be kiddin me, right? I was just writing a theory about YIN Kyuubi was moved etc.. DAMN IT!!

By knowing this fact now, I can tell you that Minato wont be gone very soon.. in fact: this " YIN " transfer is going to be a pain in the ass. There are two ways for how could play out:

1. YIN KYUUBI is going to be MOVED by Naruto actions in the up-coming chapters, while he's still inside of Minato.
    2. YIN KYUUBI ISNT GOING TO BE MOVED AT ALL and eventually will be FORCED to TRANSFER into Naruto, because Minato Edo Tensei justu will be shut down (through Orochimaru, Sasuke or Juubi) OR Minato simple doesn't have the necessary power for hurting Juubi and his only option is tranferring YIN KYUUBI inside of Naruto.

This transfer is going to give Naruto lots of problems (mentally).. this could lead to a training program for Naruto, Sasuke learning more about Sage Energy (Juugo's powers) and Madara's reunion with Black Zetzu and Obito's hide-outs (all those sharingan eyes, Yamato etc.) Of couse, this will happen after they have taken Juubito down..

I deleted my last alinea,.. so I was thinking: is it possible that Naruto can use the Kyuubi Cloak Arms, all because he has the YANG Chakra inside of him ( physical energy ) ?!? Is this the reason why Minato doesn't use it, or is it because it became Naruto's signature.. you see: Naruto is able to sense evil emotions in chakra mode, but if he only has the YANG inside of him and Minato possesses the Yin (mental energy) , isn't sensing emotions like Naruto does, more a " Mental Energy "??

So far.. I haven't see the diffirence between the YANG AND YIN chakra as much as I wanted to be honest.
    Last edited by Aga bomBa; 08-14-2013 at 02:26 AM.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...