Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    There is Still a chance that the SO6P had his Powers before absorbing the Juubi, That is possible if TWO conditions are true.

1) If the Sage had always had a Super strong life force and Increased spiritual energy....
    2) If The Older Son's Eyes were the Sages original Eyes, And Mokuton and the younger son's life energy was the Sages Original State.

The reasons to suspect this are, A) The Older Sons eyes were not Sharingans, they were some kind of spiral design, granted this could have been an EMS, but we don't know that for sure B) I can't say that the Juubi has used Mokuton while not being under direct control of Obito or Madara C) Madara obtained the power of the SO6P without the Juubi, so the SO6P himself could have had similar powers before absorbing the Juubi.

Until I know more, the above Hypthesis makes more sense to me than any other. It is far more credible that someone who had some serious powers would have been able to stand a chance of subjugating the Juubi (in its final form at that), than a guy who just had Uzumaki life force and knowledge of seals

Anther interesting Fact:

In the Panel where the SO6P was talking to the Baby Bijuus, He, the SO6p had removed the Juubi's Chakra from himself and had used it to create the Bijuus. This is a fact. It is true however that SO6p could have retained a portion of the Juubi's chakra in himself at the time.

The reason for doubting the other explanation is that The Juubi is so crazy strong, and it knows how to defend itself , for example it created mini juubis to attack, and it split off part of its body being burnt by amaterasu.

Last tHought:

Who knows, maybe the SO6P and The Juubi were two sides of a coin. One who had powers similar but weaker than the other. One a Yin, the other a Yang. Maybe the powers that Gave the world a Juubi also gave it a Counter Juubi...SO6P.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Boy was episode 322 sure good! Just making sure all of our readers watched the anime this week.

On topic: I still think that the Mokuton is the "mindless" creation of life (plants, not animals, due to lacking mental energies). It's just half of the Juubi's power, bestowed upon a human bloodline created by the Rikudou's Izanagi.

Similarly, the Sharingan is the spiritual half of the (complete) Juubi's Rinnegan. The Doujutsu of the Elder Son was a swirl pattern due to being the next closest thing the Rinnegan, but not fully in balance, hence not ripples. The Sharingan degenerated from this. I'm not sure what the absence of spirals / presence of tomoe would exactly mean, or at which point along the degeneration it would occur, but the Spiral Rinnegan should basically be seen as an EMS (maybe with a few watered-down Rinnegan techniques, but not Yin/Yang).

I think both "sons" were created via Creation of All Things (the Sage's Izanagi) to separate the Juubi's power of creation. Then its full chakra was divided amongst the Bijuu, perhaps with traces of the Sage's Will, should the Juubi ever be restored. Among the Uchiha, the knowledge of the Juubi / origins of the Sharingan was passed down through the stone tablet, designed to naturally reveal more and more as an Uchiha's eyes came closer to achieving their full potential.

Basically, the Sage left fail-safes for his tampering with the Juubi's power; it's strength was divided, but could be restored. The divided pieces kept each other in check; the Bijuu could be controlled by either Senju or Uchiha, but neither Senju nor Uchiha could achieve complete power without joining with the other. The Bijuu didn't possess the Creation power of the Juubi, and none of them was too strong for humanity to handle. The Bijuu also had human-esque Will, as opposed to the wild Juubi, so that they would not recklessly abuse their power. The Sage undoubtedly hoped that the Bijuu could learn to coexist with humanity, although he may have overestimated humanity's ability to peacefully coexist with the Bijuu rather than using them as weapons.

I believe the Sage left all these things in the interest of bettering mankind. It's not unlike how we believe that technological progress will improve our quality of life and reduce human suffering, even though we still use this same progress to create atomic bombs / wage war. Madara/Obito are the representation of human selfishness / weakness leading to misuse of these gifts.
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 07-25-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    That is why it's strange, it seems half-assed even, because if it is similar, then he should assume that it is also a blood line expansion (for example using 3 or 4 elements, but different combination than Dust release), not that it uses more than 4 elements, which means that it uses all 5 (or 6). It's like Kishi wanted to point out that Obito is using all of the elements at the same time, but was too lazy to come up with a good way to present it and instead of using someone with a special sensing capabilities or eyes to notices it, he used Hiruzen to made a guess that made little to no sense basing on his experience and perception capabilities.

I think you are misunderstanding how kekkei touta works. from what I gather a bloodline expansion is the combination of two kekkei genka that SHARE ONE element between them. This one element acts as the link for all three to be used together, in a new ability, but even so I'm sure it is rather difficult to pull off considering mei terumi is unable to pull it off from what we see. While a expansion could possible include an additional element theoretically, there is no one able to do it, least as of yet, so there is no reason to suggest that kekkei touta would. So far expansions are only three elements that are spread over two genkai, each of which sharing an element.

Now obito. Obito is not using something based on kekkei genkai, and while it is functioning in a similar manner to a touta, it isnt because it does not stem from the genetic predisposition that give way to genkai in the first place. This is an ability that stems from the jyuubi and his affinities with nature. the reason the 3rd suggest that it is more than 3 elements is that its functionality is similar to the only touta known to exist, but on a much higher lvl of difficulty, and power. It could possibly be 5 elements, but there is no way of determining that with out the jyuubi host telling us so.

(note: touta isnt known to be exactly as I described, considering the only touta users are not known to be related, only to have shared the info on its usage. its possible they are related, even distantly, or that there could have been a sharing of genetic information similar or not to the sort of things we have seen in konoha and other places.)

to me this makes perfect sense. the 3rd knows of onoki and his abilities and is probably one of the better people to point out these similarities.

current reading: Naruto:shipuuden, Bleach, Fairytails, Historys strongest diciple kenichi,
    berzerk, deadman wonderland, claymore, hunter x hunter, gantz, blue exorcist, one piece, zetman, witch hunter, liar game, and vagabond ..... I need more!

@Famous,

If the sage used all of the Juubi's Chakra when he created the Bijuus, and if he derived his powers as Sage from the Juubi, then shouldn't his markings disappear when he removed the Juubi's chakra from himself to create the Bijuus? Yet we see the large Wirlpool and 9 magatamas on his back when he was talking to the Bijuus. Or are the markings independent of the Juubi's chakra for SO6P alone?

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    @Famous,

If the sage used all of the Juubi's Chakra when he created the Bijuus, and if he derived his powers as Sage from the Juubi, then shouldn't his markings disappear when he removed the Juubi's chakra from himself to create the Bijuus? Yet we see the large Wirlpool and 9 magatamas on his back when he was talking to the Bijuus. Or are the markings independent of the Juubi's chakra for SO6P alone?
    Well, if he gained his power/understanding of jutsu from housing the Juubi, then once he had its power he could do whatever he wanted with it (ie, leave traces of his power amongst the Bijuu chakra, like Minato). I'm not sure on the origin of the markings, but whether they're a remnant of the Sage's power or a property of being a Juubi Jinchuuriki, it wouldn't really change anything regarding the possibility of the Sage leaving traces of his power amongst his creations, despite he himself gaining that power from the Juubi.

I still think the bulk of his power was Sealing jutsu and Sage arts, and not much else. I consider him to most likely be an Uzumaki, possessing exceptional life force, willpower, and the other traits needed to become a Sage/Jinchuuriki, but lacking in jutsu prior to becoming a Jinchuuriki and obtaining the Juubi's knowledge/powers.

I think its safe to say knowledge comes with becoming the Juubi's Jinchuuriki... look at Obito's current techniques, despite the Juubi having no sentient mind with which to teach him. He even refined his powers after overcoming the Juubi's attempts to resist his control.

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Damn.. what a chapter, so this tells me a lot of how Sage got the Rinnegan.

- I''ll begin with this; those ripping parts of Obito was great and I would love to see him " die " instead of remembering RIN and becoming an incomplete Jinchirikuu ( it just takes away how great it would have been if Madara enters that " state ", honestly; I'm having little doubts now about Madara becoming the " jinchirikuu " )

Last week, I brought up how I think that Sage had his Rinnegan,.. with this chapter, I'm 90% convinced with my theory that both So6P and Juubi are counterparts of each other. see it like " Yin " / " Yang ".. So6p has been granted with the needed powers for handling the destruction of the world, " The Juubi ".

- The similarities of Naruto/Minato with So6p has to be related by their close genes of being " Uzumaki/Senju ". It's just impossible for the Sage having only High capacity of Life- Force / understanding of Sealing Techniques.. for taking the Juubi one on one.

My two theories are;

1. that the So6P already had immense high Life- Force ( 60% YANG- Physcical Energy ), knownledge of Sealing Techniques and somekind of Eye Technique ( 40% Yin- Spiritual Energy ). These powers evolved to the final stage by becoming the " Juubi Jinchirikuu ". That stage created the " Sage of the Six Paths ", the birth of the " Rinnegan ".

So6P couldn't handle the power of the Juubi inside of him.. so he released himself of the Juubi by dividing it into nine bijuu's with Izanagi and he already transformed into the Rinnegan genetically, so he didn't lost his Rinnegan by releasing himself of the Juubi. So6P used Izanagi for creating those Bijuus, which had a big impact on his life force and probably also used Izanagi again for creating his two sons,.. he became sick and chose his Younger Son as his successor before he died.
    The Younger Son inherrited his " Will of Fire " + creating peace through Love and not Power like the Elder Son.. which has been passed down generation by generation.. examples are; Senju - Uchiha, Hashirama -> Madara, Naruto -> Sasuke.

Sage was probably like Naruto, before he knew that he had the Kyuubi inside of him and what kind of powers he really had. Just like Naruto, Sage believed instictively in creating Peace with Love and had a personality of " Never giving up ".. having faith in yourself and that HOPE is the golden key for achieving your goal, no matter what. Sage was probably genetically an " Uzumaki ".
    The destruction of the world was the " Juubi " and when the Sage was growing up,.. his powers were changing also. Year after year, his spiritual energy grew and eventually transformed into the Rinnegan.
    Just like FATE, everything happens for a reason and at a current time, when he got his fully awakened eye powers " RINNEGAN ", he had to fight the JUUBI for saving the world ( his FATE, his DESTINY ).
    Yin/Yang, Light/Dark, Love/Hatred,.. are MAJOR KEY POINTS in Naruto Manga. The Juubi is physically impossible to fight, IF you're not granted with Heavenly Powers. Juubi had to have a counter part and that part was The Sage. So6P was destined to fight the Juubi, his FATE was already written down.

So far, the Kyuubi is the closest one to the powers of the Juubi and on top of that, from all the other Jinchirikuu's ( Gaara to Killer B ), both Minato/Naruto are probably closest GENENICALLY to the Uzumaki/Senju, which made their outlook close to So6p ( those horns, cape etc.. ). This picture -->

confuses me a lot, when I look at how Obito's transformation. At this picture, we can see the So6p standing infront of the Juubi, with the staff and two horns.. but with Obito, he came to look LIKE HIM, after gaining control of the juubi by transforming into a imperfect Jinchirikuu, which is very strange, why? In this picture, he could never BE a jinchirikuu when facing the Juubi.. Juubi had to be inside of him.
    THIS MAKES me believe that Sage was granted from the beginning with the Rinnegan, OR that picture just showed us a little glimpse of how the Juubi and So6P looked like in shape and form. BUT EVEN THEN, when Sage devived the Juubi into bijuu's, he still had his horns and his staff in his hands.. BUT OBITO just showed similarities AFTER gaining control over the Juubi inside of him ?!?!?

** I still go with my theory 1 and Kishi has to explain lots of stuff later on.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

@Agabomba,

I think you and I are quite in sync in our assesment and analyses. As you said, the image above is impossible for a Jinchuuriki unless if it was all a figurative depiction, but if it literally depicts the battle between the SO6P and the Juubi, then The SO6P's Staff, Hair,(horns) were already the Sages before he became the Jinchuuriki.

HOWEVER. We don't see any markings in this picture (view), and No cloak, so it is possible the SO6P was just carrying a staff around before he became the jinchuuriki.

I am not trying to disprove your arguments since I too share them, but I laso love to be as balanced as possible. Anyhow, lets watch and see what happens. I do hope Kishimoto plans to make the SO6P a Yin to the Juubi's Yang, and I hope he had his powers from heaven that he passed on to his Kids, and He didn't just seal and steal from the Juubi.

@ artifice,

If the thesis of Naruto is that The guy who has guts not to give up...(Naruto..SO6P?) triumphs over all, then that would prove shallow and inadequate in the light of the story itself.

It could well be that the SO6P's main attribute is the Guts etc, but he still needed special sealing techniques, and a super powerful life force, in order to take on the Juubi.

In otherwords, the Concept of not giving up is fine, but it doesn't hold up under scrutiny, Naruto would still require being special, so would the sage. If then they were special due to being Uzumakis, then why not specialness due to being born with Rinnegans. We just swapped one specialness for another.

Anyways, I can only hope that Kishi gives the manga a deseving end.
    I agree with you, at least on the point that the story needs to be more about just having guts and a never give up attitude. I don't think that means that the Sage or Naruto need to have bloodlines to win. At least not inherent bloodlines. I think of it more as understanding problems from a different point of view and learning about the fundamentals of things rather than just the collective result. Madara is all about the final form of his power, he takes power from other who have already obtained it. He does this through genetics, copying techniques, stealing the Bijuu, manipulating people, etc. In short Madara has obtained the Sage of Six Path's power but he doesn't really seem to understand it. He doesn't know the Bijuu's names and he doesn't care to know them, so long as he can make their power his own. He has taken Hashirama's powers but I don't think he knows or cares about the source of that power he only cares that he has it.

There is a bit more to it than that but the general idea is that Madara seeks power to rule over others and exert his dominance. He doesn't try to understand the system and find a way of making it work he just wants to control it outright. A big message of Naruto is about hard work and team work. Madara may work hard but I think he takes the simplest path to power and doesn't really focus on the value of obtaining things through understanding. For example, Madara took control of the Kyuubi with his eyes and forced it to submit to his will rather than learn to understand the Kyuubi and attempt to make a bond with it.

It is the way in which power is obtained that makes the difference. I think that if the Sage of Six Path's was born perfect that would weaken the story. I think it is more likely that he learned the lessons of the world to obtain his power. That doesn't mean that he didn't have any advantages from birth. As I mentioned if he was an Uzumaki that likely came with some natural advantages. However, it was not the advantages that he was born with that determined his greatness but rather how he built upon them.

Naruto has clearly had advantages. His father was a Hokage and his mother was an Uzumaki. He was also given the Kyuubi at birth. That also came with a great deal of responsibility though. Being the Kyuubi's Jinnchuuriki meant he was hated and feared by many. Naruto still had to earn his place both in terms of respect and power.

Having the Kyuubi's power is not what is required to defeat Madara or the Juubi. What I think is more important is what he learns from his relationship with the Kyuubi. Madara sees the Juubi, the Rinnegan, and the Mokuton as means to an end. He has all that power but he doesn't try to understand any of it on a fundamental level and because he lacks that understanding I think he will fail to properly control. I believe that the Sage of Six Path's controlled the Juubi not through raw force but through a natural bond. He studied the Juubi and the world and learned how they worked and how to work with them.

Huh ? Isn't it the other way around ? Wasn't the first part of the story basically screaming that you can do special things, without being special, thanks to your strong will and guts and that bloodline and fate doesn't determine your course (wasn't that what the Neji and Garaa and even Sasuke fights were all about ?) ? Isn't the second part of the story that screams that you can't do special things without being born special and that everything is predetermined the thing that made this story shallow (basically denying what the previous part presented)?
    It's not as simple as that. Look at someone like Itachi, its true that he had many genetic gifts but that is not what set him apart from his peers, as the 3rd Hokage said Itachi showed an interest in understanding the past that others did not. Remember the battle between Itachi and Kabuto. Kabuto had obtained the powers of many other powerful Ninja, he believed he had taken into account all of Itachi's abilities and created a perfect counter for his powers but in the end he failed because of his lack of understand. He was preoccupied with things that didn't matter, he saw only the sum of the parts. While one could argue that Itachi won simply because he had Izunami, I don't think that's true, I think he won because of how he used what he had. What made him great was not simply his powers and gifts it was how he used those powers and gifts. For example, Sasuke had the Eternal Mangekyou but throughout the entire fight he wanted to simply kill Kabuto. Throughout the battle Itachi talked with Kabuto, he learned his story, he understood what motivated him and what motivated him. In the end it was the way Itachi dealt with Kabuto on a psychological level that allowed him to win. Kabuto cursed Itachi because he envied Itachi for being born with everything. Kabuto thought that if he could just have all of the genetic gifts of others he attempted to change himself would be a superior being but ultimately that was not what mattered.

I think that showcasing that when there is a will, there is a way, would in fact be adequate with the story. The whole point of the Bijuu being discriminated, hated and used as tools, is because there was no one that willed to learn about them, no one that wanted to understand them, that tried to see them in another light. The whole point that Senju x Uchiha was possible, because there was a will to form it, a will to seek it, proving that it is possible to understand one another, but first there has to be a will to even try ?
    The thing is its more complex than just 'where there's a will there's a way'. That alone is not really a substantial message. Look at history, people have done amazing things but it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. In every field we have learned from those he came before us and used what they have left us to reach new height. Simply obtaining anything by sheer force of will is a silly notion. I would say that in that the first part of Naruto was about doing your best, giving it, your all and making the best of what you have. The second part is deeper because it deals with what happens when your best is not enough, how do you solve problems that don't have a simple right wrong answer. Making simplistic decisions and just charging in with determination is not a good solution. I think the message in part two is far more about really thinking about problems and trying to understand them at a fundamental level. Its like when Naruto wanted to charge off and save everyone himself, Itachi told him that he had lost sight of the things that mattered. Itachi had also done that himself, he attempted to control everything and solve everything himself rather than really understand the heart of the issue and put faith in others. Itachi spent much of his life trying to control Sasuke but that in turn led Sasuke to do many evil things.

Life isn't as simple as simply doing hard work and pushing harder. Sometimes when we reach a wall its far more important to stop and think about what might be the best way to get around it, to learn about it, to understand it, to ask others about it and then do our best with all that we have learned.

So6p might have been originally a normal human. It's also possible that he fought/met Jyubi multiple times, each time learning by observing it, growing and coming up with strategies to fight it for example, rather than being all powerful from the beginning, he might have claimed it all through his sheer will and determination and in time proven to be capable of taking it down.
    I agree with you. I don't think that the Sage of Six Path's was born with the power to control or even match the Juubi. I think that what separated him from others is that he actually tried to understand the Juubi, how it worked and why it did the things it did. As we have been told, the Juubi's power is basically unlimited, it is not something that can be overcome by force. I think that the Sage came to understand that and thus rather than destroying or controlling the Juubi he instead decided to change it to find a way to redirect its power. This is exemplified by how the Sage treated the 9 bijuu and how they remember him fondly. I don't get the impression that the Sage controlled the bijuu by force at all and that speaks to his philosophy. Since his time the Bijuu have been seen as weapons of war, to be feared and controlled which only made them more dangerous.

There is Still a chance that the SO6P had his Powers before absorbing the Juubi, That is possible if TWO conditions are true.

1) If the Sage had always had a Super strong life force and Increased spiritual energy....
    2) If The Older Son's Eyes were the Sages original Eyes, And Mokuton and the younger son's life energy was the Sages Original State.
    I think that the Sage did have a lot of power before he became the Juubi's Jinnchuuriki. Otherwise how would he have been able to deal with it to being with? The question is what were those powers and how did he get them? I believe that he may have inherited a few abilities from his clan, for example a strong vital body and probably also spiritual knowledge. Yet, I believe the majority of his power came from the Sage arts. I think what separated him from everyone else of his time is that he sought out the great animal Sages of the world and learned from them. From them he learned all of the different Sage arts and with the power of Natural energy and study of the world he became transformed. As we have seen natural energy changes people physically in many different ways. Naruto and Jiraiya developed frog like characteristics, and Kabuto developed Dragon horns and other serpent like characteristics. Juugo is perhaps the most interesting case, his ability to absorb natural energy allows him to transform his body in a multitude of ways seemly to fit whatever abilities his situation requires. Then there is Hashirama, I believe that Hashirama was able to learn the Mokuton partly because he learned the Sage arts. I think that is why only he could use Mokuton when his brother and other powerful Senju could not. I think that his latent bloodline ability may have been awakened through his study of natural energy. After all Hashirama's summoned creature is the wood dragon. I think that perhaps it was through meeting a certain spiritual beast that Hashirama learned more about that power. It was the rare cross of the Senju bloodline and the form of Sage mode that he learned, that allowed Hashirama to awaken the Mokuton.

The reasons to suspect this are, A) The Older Sons eyes were not Sharingans, they were some kind of spiral design, granted this could have been an EMS, but we don't know that for sure
    As I mentioned earlier it is interesting to me that the Elder Son's eyes were not the Rinnegan, since it was said that he inhereited his father's eyes and spiritual energies. I think it is also interesting that the powers of the Mangekyou seem to be more spiritual in nature, than many of the Rinnegan abilities which seem to be both physical and spiritual. I think that the Elder Son's eyes were limited because he lacked the full bloodline. I think he only received the Yin half.

B) I can't say that the Juubi has used Mokuton while not being under direct control of Obito or Madara
    I would say that based on the Juubi's appearance and many of its abilities it does have the Mokuton. It was actually after being separated from both Madara and Obito that the Juubi started using many abilities that seemed similar to Mokuton/Zetsu like abilities.

C) Madara obtained the power of the SO6P without the Juubi, so the SO6P himself could have had similar powers before absorbing the Juubi.
    This goes back to what I said about Natural energy. The Juubi seems to be a massive source of Natural energy. As we have seen the Mokuton at its core is really the ability to create life. Wood/Plant life is just a basic form of life. Hashirama can only seem to create plants and basic life. Madara, who had the spiritual abilities of the Elder son was able to combine that power with the Mokuton and create more complex life forms (the Zetsus) which are basically derived from Hashirama's form. Yet the Sage of Six Path's was above that still, he could create life in complex forms that were straight out of his imagination. The Sage was able to create the 9 bijuu all different forms with different powers.

Until I know more, the above Hypthesis makes more sense to me than any other. It is far more credible that someone who had some serious powers would have been able to stand a chance of subjugating the Juubi (in its final form at that), than a guy who just had Uzumaki life force and knowledge of seals
    Agreed, but like I said, that doesn't mean he was born with that power. I really don't buy the idea that the Sage was simply a god Avatar born with the Rinnegan. It doesn't fit with what we have seen from the story so far. While some people in the series are born with incredible power, most of the time there is a basic source that power evolved from. Juugo is a perfect example, his mutations are a product of him absorbing natural energy uncontrollably. Another source of some bloodlines seems to be the bijuu themselves. For example, Roshi was able to use the Lava release which he learned from his bijuu. Bloodlines seem to be mutations that if you look back far enough have Origins in natural energy. That is largely why I believe the Sage was a master of Nature. He could use create extremely complex abilities and he could use all of the elements. Some of his powers seem related to the Juubi but many of them do not.

Anther interesting Fact:

In the Panel where the SO6P was talking to the Baby Bijuus, He, the SO6p had removed the Juubi's Chakra from himself and had used it to create the Bijuus. This is a fact. It is true however that SO6p could have retained a portion of the Juubi's chakra in himself at the time.
    Good point. I was thinking about this as well. This scene brings up some interesting questions. I think it is very possible that the Sage did keep a portion of the Juubi's chakra in himself and that portion was then divided between his 2 Son's at the time of his death. In a sense I think that the 2 son's are the 10th Bijuu. It is interesting to note that the Juubi was the 10-tails but there are only 9 bijuu. Another interesting thing to note is that Minato was able to separate the Kyuubi into its Yin and Yang half with an Uzumaki sealing technique. I think that what the Sage did was similar. He kept one portion of the Juubi in himself and then separated it into Yin and Yang between his 2 sons.

The reason for doubting the other explanation is that The Juubi is so crazy strong, and it knows how to defend itself , for example it created mini juubis to attack, and it split off part of its body being burnt by amaterasu.

Last tHought:

Who knows, maybe the SO6P and The Juubi were two sides of a coin. One who had powers similar but weaker than the other. One a Yin, the other a Yang. Maybe the powers that Gave the world a Juubi also gave it a Counter Juubi...SO6P.
    I agree to a point but I would take that a little bit further. I think that the Sage represents someone who mastered nature but could still never match the Juubi in terms of raw power. The Sage needed to use wisdom and knowledge to overcome a beast who had power that he could not match. This philosophy is demonstrated countless times throughout the series. When Sasuke fought Itachi this was mentioned in simple terms. An expert with a stone can beat an armature with a knife. The greatest ninja's in the series are not always the strongest in terms of the powers they have but rather they use what they have extremely well. The Juubi's power is limitless, it cannot be overpowered or killed, it must be tamed. The Sage needed to use his imagination to master nature in ways that the Juubi did not know. Look at how many of the most powerful techniques in the series are created, they are created by observing other powerful attacks and building on that principal. The Rasengan derived from the Bijuu bomb which Naruto evolved into the Rasenshuriken. The Juubi might have all the power in the world but it does not have the imagination to use that power in the most effective way.

So, are Madara's and Obito's eye proceeding to the next level, to the Jyubi's eyes, or are they like that because of incomplete state, or mastery (some of the rings in their Rinnegans are not connecting, even after Obito gained control) ? Are those spaces open because of incompletion, or because something is going to appear there ? Or are those simply set of dozens of cleaning mistakes, on multiple and separated chapters ?