• 3 -- Average

3 23.08%
  • 2 -- Meh

0 0%
  • 1 -- Sucked balls

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Naruto Naruto 639 Discussion / 640 Predictions

Chapter 639 is out begin discussing/predicting.

639 - http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/639

Juubito is sortof reminding me of Kid Buu at this point. Unlimited power, goofy body transformations, limited sentience, and no one person can take him head-on. The action was pretty good in this chapter, as was the Sasuke moment where he reiterated his view of Naruto representing the "past" that he must destroy (his personal past as well as the village's ideology).

Well that was pretty non stop. Its gets a bit confusing with the 4th creating a clone, and having Naruto looking practically the same. The Fluid technique is pretty hardcore and is wreaking everything. Sasuke got his Vegeta moment - "No one kills Kakarot while i'm around, destiny has reserved that privilege for me".

Good chapter, lets see if Madara can do anymore than the Hokages can.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

That was the most odd fight I have ever seen in Naruto ...

- The 2nd had a special kind of explosive tag that summon other explosive tags creating a chained explosion on the target.

- Notice Obito was flying!

- Okay so that black thing is similar to Onooki's dust release except he can manipulate it's shape and utilizes 4 nature transformations simultaneously.

- As I predicted Obito control over the Jyuubi is not yet perfected so I suspect and he may loose it.

- Interesting that Sasukes Susanoo could stop that black matter

- I was hoping to see more from the 3rd since he is not limited by chakra

Looking at Fat Obito kind of reminds me of the film Akira and what happened to Tetsuo when he mutated into giant Amoeba flesh blob. Considering Kishi is a huge fan of Akira this is no surprise and the fact Obito personality is similar to Tetsuo should point to where this will lead.

I'm wondering if Madara has Rins corpse and will revive her back to life lol to dishevel Obito's mind.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

After reading the chapter a few times, I understand a lot more of what went down now.
    The thing I noticed though was after Obito turned into that fat blob by mistake. Afterwards it looked like he was made of mokuton. Does that mean the juubi IS made of mokuton? And does that mean the Gedo Mazou was also made of mokuton? What does that mean for Hashirama? Was the juubu originally a mokuton creature? Or is it just this time, because of Madara's experiments on the mazou and Hashirama's DNA?

Mangastream's Superior Version is out check it out.

639 - http://readms.com/read/naruto/639/1987/1?t=1

Shiniobi of the Kage Clan odramek's Avatar
    Naruto and Sasuke being grasp at point-blank range. Hmm, hope they survive. I wonder what Minato is up to.

I was really hoping to see a new technique from the third. However, since it was used for analysis, I suppose it's okay. After all, Hiruzen and Kakashi have used more jutsu than anyone on the field.

Minato will try to warp them out of Obito's Grasp.

Did Obito neutralize Sasue;s Susanoo?

Madara is such a Jerk. Wasn't he going to activate something against Obito before Obito fully controls the Juubi?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Senior Member Bringmethehorizon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Juubito is sortof reminding me of Kid Buu at this point. Unlimited power, goofy body transformations, limited sentience, and no one person can take him head-on. The action was pretty good in this chapter, as was the Sasuke moment where he reiterated his view of Naruto representing the "past" that he must destroy (his personal past as well as the village's ideology).
    The image representation of Kishi's message through Sasuke's statement seems to be consistent with your interpretation, which is the most logical given the context. Interestingly, as I skimmed through the panels I took no notice of that particular image so I initially thought that, in a similar interpretative manner but necessarily by dint of different methods, he is the one who's going to erase the past as is set aside by Obito, whom by creating this perpetual illusion is rescinding what happened before, owing to the implications of the non-causal dependence of such with past events -Rin's death-, inasmuch as revamping the future, otherwise put "erasing" the continuum of the future as it branches out of current reality. In a similar manner I assumed, maybe wrongly, that Sasuke, having himself yet unknown plans following the evens of this war, is considering, and now verbalizing, to deeply modify the vindictiveness of past events most probably taking effect on the aforementioned's ineluctable chain of effects (the present). In this context, I didn't directly infer that he was this time stating his intentions of killing Naruto but does bring up some interesting thoughts about the extent and leanings of his true motives. Be as it may, I concur with you.

I was kind of disappointed by the Second and the Third, both of these two emeritus characters' attacks failed to be remarkable or even useful. Having access to unlimited amounts of chakra, the Third used a relatively weak jutsu, specially knowing, correct me if I'm wrong as I don't remember this being openly depicted, that Obito has the ability to elapse through physical attacks. Also, being the perfect moment for him to show off new unforeseen techniques, he used one we've already seen before, failing miserably against a then weaker enemy. As for the Second, I cannot properly evaluate the strength of this attack solely by this demonstration but it didn't seem much different nor stronger, for the proportional ratio of humbler but operationally similar jutsus previously seen before, as what Konan did, which also failed. I intuit this as a physical attack that hence not even differs categorically from the Third's. I would expect the next chapters to show some of the different tactics he devised for Edo Tensei, I believe he suggested there're more than one, even if this was singled out to be "The Second's invention" probably trying to imbue the magnitude of this technique verbally rather than on the grounds of what was actually displayed.
    Oonoki's arrive to the battlefield may provide useful information about the limits and characteristics of Obito's attacks, if the Third's assumptions are correct, although the extent of this knowledge can also meagre against the advanced nature of this technique. :/ Also The effect of his arrival along his posse might be deleterious to the narrative as they will drain off time and space now devoted for other characters' development.

I really liked Sasuke's stiffness in this disadvantageous scenario. He's the perfect counterbalance to Naruto's inattentive character. This higher level focus was again proven when he saved Naruto, this latter being faster, failed to react an attack Sasuke successfully blocked, whilst this anticipation may spring from the advantages the Sharingan confers. This is a clear evidence that phlegmatic insight, intelligence and deftness many times outweigh raw power as has also been shown by Kakashi.

It's interesting that Naruto's, being the main character, impact and involvement in the story seems dimmer as it progresses and now giving place to other characters and, as it ensues from the limited time/space each occupy, we often do need a stereotypical grouping loosely endorsing a limited set of traits for a extensive cast of individuals, dropping visual cues for the understanding of their distinctive nature. This has however given rise to the ingénue syllogism by which the forebear must wield the identical resemblance for us to apprehend the relation of two characters which I find bothering and unpractical when the two characters are close together, it does however bring up a curious contrast of both personalities, a paradoxical effect of a feature that at first glance links, but then accentuates their distinction.