Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    We all know FT is the "Chinese version" of One piece(and Naruto)! Their quality level is worlds apart.
    FT is Japanese like One Piece, different magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I agree with agger. Its making something out of a bunch of coincidences. I think theres nothing there, they are both making more money than they ever dreamed and have fans out the ass, why fight? Nothing in it for the two of them lol
    I doubt Oda is doing anything like that, he's too humble.

I love OP more than FT, but that doesn't mean that both are not good. I don't care if these guys take a jab at each other, because the way I see it, its harmless. Its only the "fans" that blow things out of proportion and take these seriously. At the end of the day, they are both filthy rich, and their manga will still sell well beef or no beef. So yeah, who cares.

I'm not so sure about Oda doing anything on purpose. It was pretty obvious that Mashima's style on early Fairy Tail was awfullyn similar to Oda's but after that the similarities lessened. It would make sense that Mashima would do it, as One Piece has been so influential for over a decade now, but why would Oda copy Mashima?

Even though I'm not a One Piece fanboy far from it, I think there are considerably better shonen out there it would be strange for Oda to copy Mashima. Oda likes odd and creative settings for his manga, while Mashima, admittedly, doesn't even try to hide that he repeats situations. What I mean is, if you're going to copy some work of art, why would copy something that is completely generic?