Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

3 50.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    No, Madara is not as strong as the Juubi, he just happens to have a trump card, something he'd set up while he was yet alive, as a just in case thing.

Obito did not exactly absorb the Juubi He absorbed its chakra while simultaneously sealing it. It stated that he absorbed the Juubi's Chakra as per Hinata, while it also stated the he performed a seal to be the Jinchuuriki as per Naruto.
    Don't forget that Madara and Obito are virtually clones of Hashirama, body wise.

People keep underestimating Obito's strength, even if he is not showy, or he is not first rate, Obito still has a body compatible with Hashirama's along with the privileges of Mokuton. Obito would still have become the Jinchuuriki even if the Juubi had been in it's final form, as long as he had the strength (from being an injured Hashirama Clone), to remain focused, and as long as the sealing Jutsu invented by the SO6P continued to work.

As for the SO6P, we just don't know enough about the battle yet. Maybe the Sage had several fights with the Juubi before he came up with the sealing jutsu, or maybe he had to fight to stay alive while he was thinking up the seal.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I don't underestimate Obito. He was the masked man. A formidable foe who used S rank ninja for his own dark purposes, and started a ninja war against the entire shinobi world. I just don't don't want fans to say he's on par with the sage. Just like I don't want fans to say that Madara is on par with the current Obito. If one should argue that the sage did not defeat the Juubi in its final form, given our lack of knowledge of how the fight actually played out, ( I only said that because of the two silhouettes) he still defeated the Juubi; which is something I don't believe any ninja on the field can accomplish as of now.

Madara outclasses Obito any other day, but right now, Obito's power and chakra is the strongest in their world.

Quote Originally Posted by janfeae View Post
    I don't underestimate Obito. He was the masked man. A formidable foe who used S rank ninja for his own dark purposes, and started a ninja war against the entire shinobi world. I just don't don't want fans to say he's on par with the sage. Just like I don't want fans to say that Madara is on par with the current Obito. If one should argue that the sage did not defeat the Juubi in its final form, given our lack of knowledge of how the fight actually played out, ( I only said that because of the two silhouettes) he still defeated the Juubi; which is something I don't believe any ninja on the field can accomplish as of now.

Madara outclasses Obito any other day, but right now, Obito's power and chakra is the strongest in their world.
    Let me explain, I don't think Obito is on a par with the Sage, and I wasn't actually thinking about your comments in terms of Obito being underestimated.

To see where I'm coming from, you could visit the discussions about 2 chapters ago, at that time, people were saying how weak Obito is because he was "defeated" by Kakashi, and at the time, I pretty much said the same thing as I'm saying here. Obito did not use his Mokuton vs Kakashi, and Obito's body has Hashirama's power. So that is all I was refering to.

In this chapter, the Comparison with the SO6P was made by Madara. I think Obito is now the closest thing to the Sage interms of total power today. However, There are important differences.

I believe that The SO6P by himself, before he became the Jinchuuriki, was already almost as strong as the Juubi. He was definitely stronger than Current Edo Madara. When the SO6P became Jinchuuriki, he was out of this world completely.

Even if the Juubi reached its final form, Obito as Jinchuuriki will outclass everyone, BUt he still won't be on a par with the Sage.

I think the primary difference between Obito and the Sage is that the Sage had a strong will (like Naruto) that allowed him to overcome the Juubi's influence. However, Obito's mind seems to have been overpowered, and he barely recognizes himself. To me, that suggests that he isn't a "true" Jinchuuriki. If he were in control, he'd have already initiated his Dream World.

I think we'll see Naruto attempt to free the Bijuu (and Obito's mind) from the Juubi. We might get interactions with the true Rikudou when Naruto combines the assembled chakra of the Bijuu with the current Juubi.

I also wonder if some of the chakra / memories of the previous Jinchuuriki remain within the Bijuu (which could be how the Edo Jinchuuriki were able to communicate with Naruto in the Bijuu Mind Realm, considering that within that realm they didn't appear to be Edos). Maybe, if that is the case, Obito will even meet up with Rin, helping him to free himself from the Juubi's influence and his own hatred.

There seem to be some differences this time, from when the So6P was the jyuubi's jinchuuriki, and now. For one thing, didn't the So6P only take the chakra of the Jyuubi into himself? And then encased the body of the jyuubi in the moon? While this time, Obito has both the body and chakra of the jyuubi inside himself. That could be playing into why the jyuubi seems to be in control. I wonder how much of a difference only possessing one of the Rinnegan eyes makes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    There seem to be some differences this time, from when the So6P was the jyuubi's jinchuuriki, and now. For one thing, didn't the So6P only take the chakra of the Jyuubi into himself? And then encased the body of the jyuubi in the moon? While this time, Obito has both the body and chakra of the jyuubi inside himself. That could be playing into why the jyuubi seems to be in control. I wonder how much of a difference only possessing one of the Rinnegan eyes makes as well.
    Hope I remember correctly, it wasn;t till the en of his life that the So6P fearing that the Juubi would break free after his death, he useg Izanagi to break it uo into its chakra and its body, The Chaka he made into the 9 bijuus, and as for body he made into the moon,

One thing that has not been mentioned but that is how Obito's separate body types have reacted to the Jyuubi. The Yang has embraced the change, becoming all scally and the 'tails' appearing but the Yin is completly normal. That will play a pretty big part in the battle IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

This is great, but what is Obito trying to achieve? In the heat of battle, I think we forget why we are fighting in the first place lol. What's stopping him from doing the moon's eye plan now? Fighting is cool, but kind of warped storyline imo.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I think the primary difference between Obito and the Sage is that the Sage had a strong will (like Naruto) that allowed him to overcome the Juubi's influence. However, Obito's mind seems to have been overpowered, and he barely recognizes himself. To me, that suggests that he isn't a "true" Jinchuuriki. If he were in control, he'd have already initiated his Dream World.

I think we'll see Naruto attempt to free the Bijuu (and Obito's mind) from the Juubi. We might get interactions with the true Rikudou when Naruto combines the assembled chakra of the Bijuu with the current Juubi.

I also wonder if some of the chakra / memories of the previous Jinchuuriki remain within the Bijuu (which could be how the Edo Jinchuuriki were able to communicate with Naruto in the Bijuu Mind Realm, considering that within that realm they didn't appear to be Edos). Maybe, if that is the case, Obito will even meet up with Rin, helping him to free himself from the Juubi's influence and his own hatred.

Yeah this is kinda how I think this will play out, assuming Madara's trump card doesn't stop Obito in his tracks.
    To be more specific I have a feeling there will be a few chapters of everybody including Madara trying their hardest to stop Obito. Eventually coming down to a brilliantly coordinated team attack that sees Naruto doing a special (unsealing) rasengan aimed at Obito's seal (assuming there is one, on his back perhaps). That could lead to that special Jinchuuriki place where Naruto got to fist bump with the bijuu and their Jinchuuriki, if Naruto were to break the seal and release the juubi's chakra split up into the seven bijuu that should kill Obito in the process as previous jinchuuriki have died when bijuu chakra was liberated from their body. And that would seem like a fitting moment for Obito to reflect upon his life and how trying to drag the rest of the world into hell maybe wasn't the most noble thing to do.

Also I'm a little disappointed that Obito doesn't have sharinnegan eyes like the Juubi. I really hoped that Kishi would give us an Uchiha with those eyes.

Now that the Juubi is sealed with in a host does this mean no final form????

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_exe View Post
    Yeah this is kinda how I think this will play out, assuming Madara's trump card doesn't stop Obito in his tracks.
    To be more specific I have a feeling there will be a few chapters of everybody including Madara trying their hardest to stop Obito. Eventually coming down to a brilliantly coordinated team attack that sees Naruto doing a special (unsealing) rasengan aimed at Obito's seal (assuming there is one, on his back perhaps). That could lead to that special Jinchuuriki place where Naruto got to fist bump with the bijuu and their Jinchuuriki, if Naruto were to break the seal and release the juubi's chakra split up into the seven bijuu that should kill Obito in the process as previous jinchuuriki have died when bijuu chakra was liberated from their body. And that would seem like a fitting moment for Obito to reflect upon his life and how trying to drag the rest of the world into hell maybe wasn't the most noble thing to do.

Also I'm a little disappointed that Obito doesn't have sharinnegan eyes like the Juubi. I really hoped that Kishi would give us an Uchiha with those eyes.

Now that the Juubi is sealed with in a host does this mean no final form????
    100% guaranteed we'll see its final form... it's just a matter of when. Maybe it'll continue to gather power while sealed within Obito, and will eventually transform.