• So So

1 20.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fairy Tail 338~340 Discussion / 341 Predictions

Last edited by aggeroff; 07-05-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Mangastream versions are out.

Mashima can give us 60 pages a week, two times in a row, but other mangakas can't even menage a 30 paged chapter once a month or two ? I guess he was pilling up those pages for awhile then.

Nice development there.

Wow, they really know each other well, he couldn't see nor hear her (only feel), yet he exactly predicted what she was saying or would have said. They were really close.

Interesting, looks like Mashima dropped another hint about Zeref in those 3 chapters. In the first chapter, Chelia the Wind God Slayer, was the only person that could sense Mavis beside those from FT and now in the 3rd chapter, Zeref also noticed her. Does this mean that he is a God Slayer ?

Is Natsu some kind of guardian reincarnation (like in Saint Seya) that always battles Zeref at the end of each age ? Or is there another connection between them ?

Good set of chapters, I actually would like to see something like this from others authors as well .

Looks like we are going to get a timeskip ?

HOly crap! I did NOT expect three chapters. Second Ultear got old as hell! Third...finally we Zeref! Hich means the Father of all dragons is around the corner too! Hahahah!

I'm happy Ultear finally got the redemption she deserved.

And that discussion between Zeref and Mavis really opens a lot of possibilities.

1) So Ultear's Time meant that she Aged, rather than Die, this isn't exactly clear to me.

2) What is the connection between Mavis and Zeref? Were they lovers? I take it that Mavis is a real fairy (??).

3) Why Natsu, what is the connection betwixt Zeref and Natsu?

4) Rather than Aknowlogia following Zeref Randomly, it seems that Zeref keeps him as a Pet, and uses him for destruction as he pleases. It seems Zeref will pit Natsu against Aknologia.

I hope Astral Flame left something behind for Natsu from the past.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Read 339 while listening to Cloud Atlas Finale, lol very happy coincidence for me.

Amazing three chapters! Happy, sad, suspensful, exciting, everything rolled into 3 chapters! Can't wait to see what happens to Ultear, and Im glad Gerard and I were on the same page about time reversal, both thought the town should have gone back to normal lol but I guess too much damage to the time/space continuum.

Mavis looked so badass standing up to Zeref then too, Id rather see them fight it out than FT. And Zeref looked so peaceful until that whole "one-sided annihilation" thing grrr
    A pie in the sky?

^ It's no surprise, there is no other man that cherishes life more than Zeref, pretty ironic, seeing as Zeref is considered to be the most foul black magician, the stealer of life, the demon maker and the like.

After hundreds of years of witnessing humans hurting each other and killing themselves as well as other beings, extinguishing life and never learning anything, as well as the worlds and their constant rejection of him, "pissed" is just not the right world, nor the state that currently Zeref is in. Scolding proved to be inadequate, thus he opted to total genocide, full annihilation, one-side massacre, all delete, human extinguishing, race obliteration, world cleansing, etc.

From the looks of it, all Black Magician have that in common, they cannot accept the world for what it is, nor it's inhabitants and try to change it. On the other hand Mavis and FT will always accept the world.

It's worth mentioning that it seem that Mavis loves Humans more than other lifeforms, otherwise she might have joined Zeref's side from the looks of it.

I wonder if perhaps Zeref's statement, that he is no longer an existence that she can love... known as man, is so that Mavis won't have any remorse of slaying him (it seems that the place he chose for his death is not a place itself, but a person and that is Mavis, thus as long as he can die by her side he will be content).

Is it me, or is Zeref's necklace, one of those with a picture inside ?

It's pretty awesome how they are standing on opposing side, but neither one is truly black or white. You can notice that Zeref has a white cloth on the surface on that darkness, while on Mavis, under that light, there is a lot of blackness. This might suggest that the FT's "darkness" has something to do with Mavis (no surprise there), though Mavis herself calls it their "light".

Oh right I almost forgot to ask, were Natsu and Gejeel really calling everyone "bitches" or was this another Yondaime calling his son, Naruto, a bastard from the translator (not to mention the line? from castlevenia series inserted into battler between Yamamoto and Bach ) ? Is the one translating for mangastream not acquainted with the story and characters of the manga her or she translates, or what ?
    Last edited by Zero; 07-06-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Its just another Mangastream fuck up. They go to far all the time when translating, taking a japanese translation and trying to make it edgy or cool but loosing what the meaning of the word actually was. Its always going to be that way with them so I just use mangapanda now, at least there I know the translators do act like 10 year old kids who just learned a new curse word.

And the necklace might be a locket but I think it looks more like a medallion to me.
    A pie in the sky?

Ultear is gone.....damn that sucks. Was looking forward to seeing her develop if anything. She kicks the bucket early.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Its just another Mangastream fuck up. They go to far all the time when translating, taking a japanese translation and trying to make it edgy or cool but loosing what the meaning of the word actually was. Its always going to be that way with them so I just use mangapanda now, at least there I know the translators do act like 10 year old kids who just learned a new curse word.
    The "bastard" line was a brain fart and QC miss. "Kono yarou" is almost always translated to "That bastard", but in that case "Attaboy" or "That's my boy" would be more appropriate.

I'd honestly have the "cursewords" (because the original Japanese uses foul/street language) than incredibly unintelligible translations and mistranslations. I think Mangastream's problem is that they're trying TOO hard to catch up with Mangapanda's speed and have not been up to snuff with the quality they had in the past.