View Poll Results: Would you like a sig workshop?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I'll send the message to all my friends if i have too
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

When following tutorials keep in mind that your goal is to learn different effects and tricks and to find out which combinations look good together.

These are all for photoshop but if people want gimp ones let me know :3

http://Koepaard.deviantart.com/art/S...tutorials&qo=1

http://Sheik007.deviantart.com/art/E...+tutorial&qo=2

http://ParagonNL.deviantart.com/art/...tutorial&qo=14

http://PhobiaGFX.deviantart.com/art/...tutorial&qo=17

http://Kelel.deviantart.com/art/Full...tutorial&qo=16

http://senthrax.deviantart.com/art/F...orial-55042010

I'm not a pro by any means but I also have some of my own tips:

- Avoid center composition. Position the focal using the rule of thirds (see the last tut I posted)

- Borders and text are not necessary for every tag. In fact, they -usually- (not always) detract from all the awesome effects you just made. Leave them out.

- Don't spam a bunch of C4Ds. Yes, they can add cool effects, but if you go overboard with them the composition looks chaotic.

- Don't just brush once with a white soft brush to add light. Use a color that looks natural in your tag and pay attention to places light might be reflected as well.

- Learn how to use the pen tool as soon as you can! It takes some effort to get used to it but once you do you'll definitely thank yourself.

- You don't need 500 different brush packs. Find some splatter brushes and good brushes for smudging and resist the urge to go on DeviantArt and binge download. Same goes for fonts. You shouldn't be spamming text on every tag anyway, but a lot of the default texts are just as (if not more) effective than really fancy ones.

- Stalk graphics forums like you've never stalked before. You will pick up a lot of good tips and you will be inspired by some amazing tags.

- Don't let yourself get complacent with your abilities! I've seen a lot of people just starting out let their skills stagnate once they get comfortable with the basics or with a certain style. Keep challenging yourself because you can always get better, even if people tell you that you're awesome. It's probably true, but you can become MORE awesome.

- Lastly, be humble when receiving a critique, and don't take a critique as a personal attack. It's meant to HELP you, not to hurt you, even if it seems harsh. Be grateful that someone took the time to let you know how you can improve. Receiving both positive and negative feedback is how you grow as a sig maker.

Thanks!!
    When i get a chance i will try em out

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Anyone know a good place to get renders, i've already tried planetrenders.net but it didn't have what i needed

T. Alan Armstrong

Well if you're looking for Anime renders then Animerender.com is your place. Only thing tho' is you have to make at least 50 posts to access the gallery
    "I'm gonna drop a double cup on your tennis balls!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Anyone know a good place to get renders, i've already tried planetrenders.net but it didn't have what i needed
    Make your own render or see if someone around here will make you one.

Ok thanks guys i'm in the process of trial and error when it comes to choosing the right renders and making them too so any pointers would be good

T. Alan Armstrong

Well...when choosing a render you definitely want to pick one that has a high image quality and good colors...there are a lot of tutorials out there for rendering images yourself - the planet renders forums are a good place to look. If I make a quick render for myself I just use the pen tool but I don't know how to do fancy stuff like rendering transparency and hair and all that, but again there are tutorials for all that.

Do you guys know any good colouring tutorial, you know for lineart?

T. Alan Armstrong

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Aribelle, I personally think you should try using borders and text :3 You know, it does look better, more like a sig then a stock too and when you get it right then you can add some "pro" look into your sigs. I dont mean to say your sigs dont look pro, theyre great, but as you said earlier, you can allways go for better :3

@Gypseslice

Just visit DeviantArt.net and search all you like.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman