View Poll Results: Would you like a sig workshop?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Sorry, but I'll have to pass on teaching. :<
    I've got a lot of work on at the moment, both scanlating work and actual work. ^^"

Plus, I'd be a useless teacher.
    "Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Srry but i don't understand were we supposed to meet at 19:00 GMT or GMT+ because i am confused
    nah, I wanted to try if someone would come there at the time. No1 came :/

updating from the opening post :

Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    What we'd do:

- create a level system with specific goals on each level

- chat on IRC

- rule the world (you promised DFX )

- give feedback on participants submissions

- create tutorials

- [insert your desired activity here]
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Veteran Member
    Just a suggestion that id thought id make... Though you've probably came up with the idea.

Any of you good at making videos? Because if you are teaching people, it might be easier to teach them if they know what all of the effects and stuff do.. Because ive noticed in the sig/ava threads that you sometimes say "sharpen" and stuff that some that are just beginning might not know. Although i guess it comes under the "create tutorials" option... Yeah, it might be able for the beginner to just mess around and do all the effect options, but they might not know what each one is supposed to do and how well they can use it.

I'd assumed all that stuff would be gone over...I mean theoretically people would be coming into this thing from all different levels so there should be different levels of instruction. I know I'm def hoping to pick up a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravona View Post
    Sorry, but I'll have to pass on teaching. :<
    I've got a lot of work on at the moment, both scanlating work and actual work. ^^"

Plus, I'd be a useless teacher.
    Nah, I think you would do fine. You are just politely saying "I dont wanna be a teach bcs its a pain in the ass". Isnt it

Rav, could you tell me if your current sig has any pen tool creaions in it ? Im just wondering how are you doing your compo and those "thingies" around focal. If so, would you share the wisdom with a fellow Sig maker ? As a bonus, you will prove to yourself that you are a good teacher o/

Anyway, whats up with the workshop ? Any news, ideas, suggestions, recruits or trivia, etc ? I was thinking that the name itself should be different, sig wokshop sound like a factory.
    Last edited by Maximo; 07-15-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Maximo you need to slow your roll. This ain't yo show son.

This is how it's going to go:

I'm not up to a full blown school idea anymore, not to mention it not being feasible, and there doesn't seem to be enough interest from people willing to learn, only people wanting to teach. Therefore I've decided to scrap this thing. However, I feel this thread itself could become a help desk of sorts. People could come here with their questions regarding signatures or whatnot and whoever knows the answer can just respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Nah, I think you would do fine. You are just politely saying "I dont wanna be a teach bcs its a pain in the ass". Isnt it

Rav, could you tell me if your current sig has any pen tool creaions in it ? Im just wondering how are you doing your compo and those "thingies" around focal. If so, would you share the wisdom with a fellow Sig maker ? As a bonus, you will prove to yourself that you are a good teacher o/

Anyway, whats up with the workshop ? Any news, ideas, suggestions, recruits or trivia, etc ? I was thinking that the name itself should be different, sig wokshop sound like a factory.
    I will neither confirm nor deny the veracity of that allegation!

There isn't any pen tooling in my current sig, it's a mix of splatter brushes and some selectively erased stocks.
    "Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"

Maximo you need to slow your roll. This ain't yo show son.
    say whut
    kidding, theres no reason for you to be threatened in any way right

This is how it's going to go:
    I'm not up to a full blown school idea anymore, not to mention it not being feasible, and there doesn't seem to be enough interest from people willing to learn, only people wanting to teach. Therefore I've decided to scrap this thing. However, I feel this thread itself could become a help desk of sorts. People could come here with their questions regarding signatures or whatnot and whoever knows the answer can just respond.
    In any way, it was quite interesting idea. I wanted to see how would it go. I might think of something of my own later ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ravona View Post
    I will neither confirm nor deny the veracity of that allegation!

There isn't any pen tooling in my current sig, it's a mix of splatter brushes and some selectively erased stocks.
    Nice nice, but you do use pen tool sometimes right ? Wonder if you can draw yourself .. or color .. ?
    FAVOURITE MANGAS

Ah dam, can't i be the only student, please !!!
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Ah dam, can't i be the only student, please !!!
    Lol yea I want to be a student to. There are a lot of people on this forum with artistic talent.
    Signature by me.