View Poll Results: Would you like a sig workshop?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!

Exclamation Worshopers gather around !!!

OK, I think we might get this thing moving right ? The idea is obviously interesting and I see that people would come in if not for the lectures then for the fun unleast. So Im taking the liberty to make a step forward ..

First things first, Sig Workshop needs unleast 4-6 teachers who have made more then 20-30 sigs with an apropriate quality. So, we need to find these people right ? All I can do is ask the few I know around this forum, e.g. ChukoLiang, Ravona, Imoto, Jaiden, DFX, Cross and Aribelle, plus me :3 Of those Im sure they are experienced enough for this shit Know somebody else ? Let him know !!!
    *sending PMs*

Now, we can all think about whats the next step while they get theyre asses over here My idea is to gather on IRC and chat away the ideas. For that we need to gather on this thread first and decide on a perfect time when all of us will be available.

My other idea was to create a new section, if thats not overdoinf it :3 Either way the workshop needs some space on the forum to "work" well. One thread is NOT gonna cut it !!! If we are pulling this shit then I say lets do it in style !!! Yeah baby, with posters, banners and a glass of wine near each of our laptops or PCs ! So anyway, thinking ahead, if we "employ" some teachers then its obvious that we gonna need to create a method of lectures and stuff right ? Im sure we can think of something, but my base idea is first of all that the teachers present theyre tuts in each of theyre threads. Think of it as "scripts" necesery for learning.
    As we know, people are lazy. Having "script" alone isnt gonna cut it bcs they gonna get bored with that right ? Just like us in school, who would learn anything if our teachers just gave us books for home study with no lessons to back up the studying ? However, as for the lessons, have no idea. Live chat ? Anyway, this just proves we need to gather somewhere on a chat room and discuss away.
    Last thing, for something like this we need an approval from mods so .. mods .. whats it gonna be ? A [GO] , a [STOP] , or a undecided [WAIT] ?

POEPLE GATHER AROUND !!!

Spoiler!
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    OK, I think we might get this thing moving right ? The idea is obviously interesting and I see that people would come in if not for the lectures then for the fun unleast. So Im taking the liberty to make a step forward ..

*sending PMs*

Last thing, for something like this we need an approval from mods so .. mods .. whats it gonna be ? A [GO] , a [STOP] , or a undecided [WAIT] ?

POEPLE GATHER AROUND !!!

Spoiler!
    I sent you a PM Max.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    Heh kinda left this thing sitting here when I got busy, didn't I?

Well, seeing the recent surge of interest in graphic arts around here I figured why not revive this. If anyone is up to being a teacher in this thing say so here. Ideally I'd like to see an example of your work and know how confidant you are in your abilities.
    I'd still be down to be a teacher. Here are some of my recent works:

Spoiler!

as for how confident in my abilities I am, I don't think I'm ZOMGWTFAMAZING at graphics, but I think I'm good enough that I can be helpful to people just starting out.

glass of wine near each of our laptops
    I was already planning on this...?

If this actually happens i fear i may faint XP
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

So far I have confirmed that Jaiden, Aribelle, Cross, DFX and me are up for the task. Need more though, plus Cross can participate after a month in september cuz he is going on vacation (lucky bastard :3).

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    If this actually happens i fear i may faint XP
    Oh yeah you will, after all that homework you will get

EDIT : OK, Im not 100% sure about DFX but since it was his idea to start this .. :/
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Previously NarutoSageMode Sh_tHappenz's Avatar
    Yay perfect I always wanted to learn a little more. Mabye I can blow the dust of my Paint.Net. But I think I have to update to Photoshop whatever it is

I was Previously that noob you use to pick on called NarutosageMode

So far I have confirmed that Jaiden, Aribelle, Cross, DFX and me are up for the task. Need more though, plus Cross can participate after a month in August cuz he is going on vacation (lucky bastard :3).
    Fixed.

Well this works out.

Anywho~

I've set up an IRC channel just for this. It's #workshop on irchighway.

Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    Well this works out.

Anywho~

I've set up an IRC channel just for this. It's #workshop on irchighway.
    Nice, so now we just need to set up a time when we can get our asses on the irc channel. Frankly, IDK about me bcs right now Im free bcs Im just sorting out what will I do with myself this whole 3 months of summer break :3 Im planning to work, to fitness, to pick-up hot girls, to do house-hold duties, to sell a house, to go out some nights etc .. this means I have it all in chaoss right now. Either way, tomorow Il be gone to Ukraine so I might not get home 2 days straight - this also means I hafta take a break from sig making, sorry Qeenofmuffins :3

Anyway, Il sort this out and let you know when Im available for this, next week. How about the rest of you ??
    FAVOURITE MANGAS

/needs to figure out how to use IRC :S

after that I'll try to be around I guess?