View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    2 28.57%
  • Great

    3 42.86%
  • Good

    1 14.29%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Terrible

    1 14.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Real Nigga Sir Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    I respectfully disagree 10000000000% !

    That "side story bullshit" is what makes one piece special. Its smart and intelligent writing and more importantly its creative. Its good. much better than the shallow stories and lame cookie cutter fodder from bleach and the countless rasengans and eye techniques from Naruto. Nartuo and Bleach can't do deep side plots to save there lives. not to mention Oda's amazing side characters who are well drawn and interesting. This is far from a "weak ass year" . If you don't like it that's your opinion and that's fine, just like its mine that i enjoy it. But don't jsut write it off as week or bad when its really technically and actually not.
    No it isn't, every manga does this. It's Oda's way of developing these side stories that makes one piece better. It would be fine if we didn't have these ridiculous breaks that Oda's been taking for the past 2 years, but that's not the case. Compared to regular OP standards this is a weak ass year, too many fucking breaks and not enough development. Bleach has completely shit on OP thus far, and this is coming from someone who couldn't even read bleach 2-3 years ago be of the half assed way Kubo approached his manga. You're telling me that it's fine to have my own opinion and then follow that statement by telling me not to write one piece off; how contradictory can you be? ��

    Until everything comes together and the real action begins to start, I won't be a fan of this arc just like I wasn't a fan of the fishman island arc or the punk hazard arc. This arc should end up being just fine though since it can be compared to the alabasta arc where everyone started showing off their new powers and techniques.

  2. #22
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chaos View Post
    No it isn't, every manga does this. It's Oda's way of developing these side stories that makes one piece better. It would be fine if we didn't have these ridiculous breaks that Oda's been taking for the past 2 years, but that's not the case. Compared to regular OP standards this is a weak ass year, too many fucking breaks and not enough development. Bleach has completely shit on OP thus far, and this is coming from someone who couldn't even read bleach 2-3 years ago be of the half assed way Kubo approached his manga. You're telling me that it's fine to have my own opinion and then follow that statement by telling me not to write one piece off; how contradictory can you be? ��

    Until everything comes together and the real action begins to start, I won't be a fan of this arc just like I wasn't a fan of the fishman island arc or the punk hazard arc. This arc should end up being just fine though since it can be compared to the alabasta arc where everyone started showing off their new powers and techniques.
    Umm... I'm going to ignore the "too many breaks" part of that since you aren't blaming Oda specifically, but out of curiosity what would make a good one piece arc for you? More fighting? More main plot? Or something else?
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


  3. #23
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    854
    I have to agree with athary, cross, and aggeroff on this Sir Chaos; certainly neither FI or PH arcs lived up to the excitement both had upon their introduction, and sadly, both ended in a rather unsatisfactory fashion that left something to be desired. To me they both felt rushed and unfulfilling for all Oda did to build them up. I made quite a lengthy post regarding what cross mentioned in his post in some long forgotten thread about the necessity of "filler" writing and plot enhancement, and again I believe most of us are simply upset with the way OP has performed thus far this year because of how strong Bleach has returned ( I absolutely do not read Naruto, not that anyone cares.) The numerous frustrating breaks--both inexplicably scheduled and uncontrollably necessitated--have only worsened the manga's performance.

    However, OP is finally started to pick up steam again, and assuming Oda soon returns to the C-Block battle royale (I'm assuming in the chapter following this week's (two weeks from now), action and ridiculousness of manga revelations shall return once more.

  4. #24
    Real Nigga Sir Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Umm... I'm going to ignore the "too many breaks" part of that since you aren't blaming Oda specifically, but out of curiosity what would make a good one piece arc for you? More fighting? More main plot? Or something else?
    We should be 6-7 chapters ahead of where we are right now at least, and then I'd be perfectly fine with the pace that we'd be going at. I'm just frustrated with the seemingly never ending breaks which just make all the build up for this arc seem even longer.

  5. #25
    H+ xioaxioa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Location Moved
    Posts
    2,714
    Just putting it out there: Oda works 20+ hours daily to produce quality over quantity and has a declining health because of it. All the breaks this year have either been because Oda was hospitalized or a mandatory shounen jump break.

    I Love You!
    Spoiler!

  6. #26
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Just putting it out there: Oda works 20+ hours daily to produce quality over quantity and has a declining health because of it. All the breaks this year have either been because Oda was hospitalized or a mandatory shounen jump break.
    Yeah, I don't believe that for a second..
    20+ hours a day? please, a human would die of exhaustion - and there is no way Oda doesn't have an entire team working under him, One Piece is far too profitable for shounen jumps' producers to let Oda overwork - I would be shocked if on a average day he worked longer then 7-8hours.

    It's amazing how most Korean web comics come out weekly for over a year at a time before taking a 1-2month break, they don't have the resources or profit of One Piece yet their authors stay dedicated to them, I understand how web comics being colored make them easier to produce - still, there is no excuse for a big shounen jump comic in my opinion, baring a serious health concern, and no one can be as unhealthy as Oda has been this year(without it being something terminal) - and if he is at a serious health risk he needs to take a 2-3month break since obviously right now he's close to death and is getting sick all the time...
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  7. #27
    H+ xioaxioa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Location Moved
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe that for a second..
    20+ hours a day? please, a human would die of exhaustion - and there is no way Oda doesn't have an entire team working under him, One Piece is far too profitable for shounen jumps' producers to let Oda overwork - I would be shocked if on a average day he worked longer then 7-8hours.

    It's amazing how most Korean web comics come out weekly for over a year at a time before taking a 1-2month break, they don't have the resources or profit of One Piece yet their authors stay dedicated to them, I understand how web comics being colored make them easier to produce - still, there is no excuse for a big shounen jump comic in my opinion, baring a serious health concern, and no one can be as unhealthy as Oda has been this year(without it being something terminal) - and if he is at a serious health risk he needs to take a 2-3month break since obviously right now he's close to death and is getting sick all the time...
    You should read Bakuman.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...rom-2-to-5-a.m

    I Love You!
    Spoiler!

  8. #28
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe that for a second..
    20+ hours a day? please, a human would die of exhaustion - and there is no way Oda doesn't have an entire team working under him, One Piece is far too profitable for shounen jumps' producers to let Oda overwork - I would be shocked if on a average day he worked longer then 7-8hours.

    It's amazing how most Korean web comics come out weekly for over a year at a time before taking a 1-2month break, they don't have the resources or profit of One Piece yet their authors stay dedicated to them, I understand how web comics being colored make them easier to produce - still, there is no excuse for a big shounen jump comic in my opinion, baring a serious health concern, and no one can be as unhealthy as Oda has been this year(without it being something terminal) - and if he is at a serious health risk he needs to take a 2-3month break since obviously right now he's close to death and is getting sick all the time...
    I know it sounds strange, but a lot of people are able to work with only a small amount of sleep, especially when they get older. One of my counselors in high school only slept 3 hours a day (we knew this because she would go to school whenever she awake, so she would be the one who locked up the school at night and opened it up in the morning). There is also of course the famous case of Da Vinci, who would only slept 2 hour a day by sleeping 15 minutes every 4 hours. Its unlikely to live on this little sleep, but it is quite possible.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


  9. #29
    [̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅] guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    in your hearts
    Posts
    2,658
    Technically those who get 8 hrs of sleep are really getting two cycles of 4 hours. You need only 4 hours of light, deep to rem sleep. Keep on doing that for a long time, you'll end up in the hospital though..

    Does Oda do all the background? The caliber at which its drawn is so much better compared to his characters.. makes me think he just does the characters..

    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

  10. #30
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Technically those who get 8 hrs of sleep are really getting two cycles of 4 hours. You need only 4 hours of light, deep to rem sleep. Keep on doing that for a long time, you'll end up in the hospital though..

    Does Oda do all the background? The caliber at which its drawn is so much better compared to his characters.. makes me think he just does the characters..
    He sketches what they should look like, but his team are who do the actual background, not him.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •