Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,950
    Last edited by paulbee; 06-21-2013 at 11:39 AM.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  2. #2
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    So now the immediate threat will disappear but that's nothing compared to what's to come when Acnologia starts the next apocalypse.

    The Dragon Slayers are still too weak, they had trouble with these dragons and their all fodder to Acnologia, I don't know how but they need some insane power up to even have a fighting chance.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rykimaruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87
    Acnologia is going to break them, I'm sure.

    Question is where is Zeref? We haven't seen hims since the "time skip".

  4. #4
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,922
    ^ Playing chase with Acnologia ? From the looks of it Acnologia is after Zeref, for whatever reason he/she/it has. Seemingly, according to this arc, Zeref had a lot to do with Acnologia becoming a Dragon, so maybe it is revenge, or a countermeasure so that no one else will be able to claim that level of power as well ?

    Now that I think about, all those Zeref's Monsters/Demons might have been actually created to battle Acnologia, but humans have used them against each other ? I have also seen a theory that they were made to kill Zeref himself, since he can't die because he constantly sucks out life from the surrounding or something like that.



  5. #5
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    2,013
    Lucy and Rouge already are from 2 different futures, so if the gate is destroyed all it should do is create another future. If it doesn't than will just be a major plot hole. Hopefully the dragons will stay, I would hate if this plan actually worked.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


  6. #6
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,950
    Speaking of Acnologia,

    1) Did he gain the ability to kill so many dragons because of Zeref, or did Zeref's magic merely transform him into a dragon after or as he bathed in the blood of dragons. I am uncertain which is/was the case.

    2) If Acnologia became the Dragon King X-hundred years ago, why then did he vanish from history only to reappear occasionally (in close proximity to Zeref). Did Zeref do something to Acnologia that removed him from this plane after he had transformed into a dragon? Did whatever Zeref did link Acologia to Zeref such that he Acno, can only materialize where and when Zeref is? Is Acnologia trying to kill Zeref or perhaps otherwise release himself from Zeref's power?

    3) Compared to today's Dragon Slayers, Why was acnologia so insanely powerful? It is obvious that the level of power from today's DS magic is puny next to what Acno had. Is there another level of DS magic, or is it something you get to after killing multiple dragons one by one?

    Note sting and Rogue's dragons had them kill them, was this to give Sting+rogue a rapid power boost? Did they also bathe in their dragons blood?

    4) Igneel is counting on Natsu. Did Igneel invest an alternate method of empowering a DS in Natsu that could eventually compete with Acnologia's power levels?

    Ultea:

    If this future is reversed (assuming that is what Future Lucy said), Would Ultea come back to life?

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  7. #7
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Speaking of Acnologia,

    1) Did he gain the ability to kill so many dragons because of Zeref, or did Zeref's magic merely transform him into a dragon after or as he bathed in the blood of dragons. I am uncertain which is/was the case.

    2) If Acnologia became the Dragon King X-hundred years ago, why then did he vanish from history only to reappear occasionally (in close proximity to Zeref). Did Zeref do something to Acnologia that removed him from this plane after he had transformed into a dragon? Did whatever Zeref did link Acologia to Zeref such that he Acno, can only materialize where and when Zeref is? Is Acnologia trying to kill Zeref or perhaps otherwise release himself from Zeref's power?

    3) Compared to today's Dragon Slayers, Why was acnologia so insanely powerful? It is obvious that the level of power from today's DS magic is puny next to what Acno had. Is there another level of DS magic, or is it something you get to after killing multiple dragons one by one?

    Note sting and Rogue's dragons had them kill them, was this to give Sting+rogue a rapid power boost? Did they also bathe in their dragons blood?

    4) Igneel is counting on Natsu. Did Igneel invest an alternate method of empowering a DS in Natsu that could eventually compete with Acnologia's power levels?

    Ultea:

    If this future is reversed (assuming that is what Future Lucy said), Would Ultea come back to life?
    I'm going to have a go at this,

    1) It's not certain, according to Zirconis he slaughtered dragons and bathed in their blood but according to Arcadios his research indicates Zeref played a hand in his transformation which is plausable since Zeref seems to be connected to him in some way.

    2) His the Black Dragon of Apocalypse, the answer is in the name. His purpose is to bring about the next apocalypse and then go back to sleep, that's why Zeref was pissed at Grimore Heart because their evil intent awakened him and he said "now mankind will have to embark on another long journey" meaning Acnologia is going to do his thing.

    3) I've also been thinking about this, my theory is he was already someone powerful and sinister on Gildarts level and then Dragon Slayer Magic gave him even more power or he could've ambushed his dragon when it dropped it's guard which is more plausible since Sting was able to kill Vicelogia when he dropped his guard and let him go for the kill willingly.

    4) That's unknown but what I find interesting is that they seem to also know about Zeref, Grandine was going to mention something regarding Zeref but she let it go, if he created Acnologia then he would be the only one who knows how to defeat it, although he did say that's something that you can't win against not to mention his shit scared of Acnologia

    I'm sorry Paul but Ultear is dead, I'm gonna miss her too she had a killer body with the best curves lol

  8. #8
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,950
    Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    I'm going to have a go at this,

    1) It's not certain, according to Zirconis he slaughtered dragons and bathed in their blood but according to Arcadios his research indicates Zeref played a hand in his transformation which is plausable since Zeref seems to be connected to him in some way.

    2) His the Black Dragon of Apocalypse, the answer is in the name. His purpose is to bring about the next apocalypse and then go back to sleep, that's why Zeref was pissed at Grimore Heart because their evil intent awakened him and he said "now mankind will have to embark on another long journey" meaning Acnologia is going to do his thing.

    3) I've also been thinking about this, my theory is he was already someone powerful and sinister on Gildarts level and then Dragon Slayer Magic gave him even more power or he could've ambushed his dragon when it dropped it's guard which is more plausible since Sting was able to kill Vicelogia when he dropped his guard and let him go for the kill willingly.

    4) That's unknown but what I find interesting is that they seem to also know about Zeref, Grandine was going to mention something regarding Zeref but she let it go, if he created Acnologia then he would be the only one who knows how to defeat it, although he did say that's something that you can't win against not to mention his shit scared of Acnologia

    I'm sorry Paul but Ultear is dead, I'm gonna miss her too she had a killer body with the best curves lol
    Gildarts couldn't do anything against Acnologia, but Would he, Could he, have been able to take on the Regular Dragons...?

    About Ultear, so sad. (Even if she's a witch the Bleep bleeps! and the Oompahpahs! on Her were well, cough cough, very very well designed..aesthetically speaking of course..Ahem! cough cough)

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  9. #9
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    If according to the rules of their future changing plan then anything that happened after the opening of the gate is subject to change, including the death of Ultear etc. I think
    Technically speaking, when F.Rogue changed the future from Acnologia World Master ---> 10 000 Dragon Rulers, he himself didn't change into the version of Rogue from the 10,000 Dragon Rulers, but have created a separate timeline and thus remained as F.Rogue of the Acnologia World Master version, thus it's likely that the same will happen now. In other words, what is dead will stay dead, as well as, people should die when they are killed (it was such an awesome line some time ago ).

    Then agian, the timeline in Rave seemed to be quite linear, but in FT, Mashima already have shown that there are at least 2 known timelines and what Jellal's aim is to get to a third, new best one, rather than to the original like Ultear wanted.

    If time was to be linear, then F.Lucy from 10,000 Dragon world and F.Rogue from Acnologia world, wouldn't be able to exist at the same time, unless they have come from separate timelines.


    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Gildarts couldn't do anything against Acnologia, but Would he, Could he, have been able to take on the Regular Dragons...?

    About Ultear, so sad. (Even if she's a witch the Bleep bleeps! and the Oompahpahs! on Her were well, cough cough, very very well designed..aesthetically speaking of course..Ahem! cough cough)
    From the looks of it, no, Gildarts would be unable to defeat even normal Dragons, since in this festival, there are a couple of S-Rank Magicians and Guild Masters, as well as Wizards Saints and they still can't do much if even anything to the Dragons. Perhaps he would be able to scratch them, but defeating them seems outside his power.

    Seeing as GS themselves can't scratch Dragons, I wonder just what they really slay. At first I though perhaps that they might be similar, or even almost the same as DS, since in some legends Dragons are considered Gods, but that doesn't seem the case, even if they have similar powers. In other words, they seem to be slayers of something else, perhaps high ranking demons, like False Gods or Dark Ones, or whatever there was ? Or perhaps all other creatures that reached God-Status, like Pheonix, Turtles and the like ? After all, there might be a race that Dragons themselve battled against before they started to fight amongst each other.

    BTW. I hope that the new Rave x FT OVA will ignite the will to create more OVAs about Rave ;D, well I'm not hopping that we will get a new series, but a few OVAs would be nice, like Haru vs Sword Saint. You know, in similar manner as they did Tsubasa OVAs like Tokyo Revelations and the like >.



  10. #10
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Technically speaking, when F.Rogue changed the future from Acnologia World Master ---> 10 000 Dragon Rulers, he himself didn't change into the version of Rogue from the 10,000 Dragon Rulers, but have created a separate timeline and thus remained as F.Rogue of the Acnologia World Master version, thus it's likely that the same will happen now. In other words, what is dead will stay dead, as well as, people should die when they are killed (it was such an awesome line some time ago ).

    Then agian, the timeline in Rave seemed to be quite linear, but in FT, Mashima already have shown that there are at least 2 known timelines and what Jellal's aim is to get to a third, new best one, rather than to the original like Ultear wanted.

    If time was to be linear, then F.Lucy from 10,000 Dragon world and F.Rogue from Acnologia world, wouldn't be able to exist at the same time, unless they have come from separate timelines.
    The only thing is that every event so far seems to stem from the Gate and it being opened, that must be the point of the divides in the time lines. So if we go to the point where everything splits and change it then all the other timelines will cease to exist because there were do deviations from that plan of not opening the door, thus everyone on the same page and no one needing the power to destroy 10000 dragons. Idk what to do about acnologia but I think the interruption in this time line will help everyone train or figure out a way to stop it without being caught off guard, which is what it sounds like what happened in F Rogue's time
    A pie in the sky?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •