Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Even though Sasuke wants to protect the village,

...Sasuke is still Sasuke
    ...Sasuke is still an Uchiha with the Older Son's Traits
    ...Sasuke still has the "Evil Chakra" that Nidaime Hokage spoke about.

What really happened is that the focus of his Uchiha Emo genes have been redirected from Revenge against Konaha, to Pacifying Konoha and the Whole Shinobi world by force.

In other words, Naruto vs Sasuke showdown is still on. This time, the fight is in order to save Sasuke' soul. This is what Itachi foresaw and this is the Task he left behind for Naruto to finish. The Look on Hashirama's face said it all.
    I for one am loving this. I was hoping Sasuke wasn't redeemed just like that. In the entire series, Sasuke's had a distinct personality, and it's a long time since Sakura, Naruto and the others saw what he was really like. And now it just shines through. I sure am anticipating another twist, cause Sasuke's intentions doesn't match Naruto's. It's more similar to Madara's and Obito's intentions. Only it involves the village. We still haven't seen any Sasuke Madara interaction. Not even a single line. I'm hoping for a conversation and perhaps some flashback on Madara's side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bones View Post
    I for one am loving this. I was hoping Sasuke wasn't redeemed just like that. In the entire series, Sasuke's had a distinct personality, and it's a long time since Sakura, Naruto and the others saw what he was really like. And now it just shines through. I sure am anticipating another twist, cause Sasuke's intentions doesn't match Naruto's. It's more similar to Madara's and Obito's intentions. Only it involves the village. We still haven't seen any Sasuke Madara interaction. Not even a single line. I'm hoping for a conversation and perhaps some flashback on Madara's side of the story.
    I agree, I am also hoping for some sort of interaction between Sasuke and Madara. It would seem Madara being an Edo Has the advantage, but I suspect that Sasuke's base leve and EMS may be higher than Madara's.

Oh boy, LOL. Katsuyu has no arms...Well neither did Old Manda, but Snakes could at least use their tails prehensile like. So if Oro had not showed up, Tsunade could have died from Katsuyu not being able to bring her top together with her bottom half. Too funny. Tsunade should consider a back up summons with arms.

She could not even carry Tsunade's body in her mouth cause, guess what, She has no mouth either (ok, slugs have mouths, but they can't open wide enough to carry stuff in).
    Last edited by paulbee; 06-20-2013 at 09:44 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Why couldn't the slug just push her together? I mean its as big as a human just slug yourself to her feet and push the bitch back together.

And on the Karin getting older note, I think what she ment was that if Tsunade kept sucking her life force she would just shrivel up and die, like a vampire sucking someone dry and making them look like an old lady or wearing out their body so much its as if it ages them.

Im still dissapointed in Sai, he is in there for some reason yet he hasn't landed a blow on Juubi :( lame
    A pie in the sky?

Be fair to Sai, If not for Naruto/Kyuubi's Chakra, no one would have landed anything on Juubi, Well excluding the Hokages that is. LOL

Hey guys,

if I may: I am actually quite happy with where this is going. IMO, it is way too easy to blame Sasuke for wanting to take down the bijuus. On the contrary, I find his behaviour way more plausible than that of the Konoha-shinobis. According to the information they have, Kurama is pure evil and killed numerous family members. 16 years is not that long, so everybody in Konoha should have had neighbours, friends or family that were killed by Kurama. In addition, Sasuke saw what Shukaku was capable of during the chuunin-exams. Nobody really likes the bijuus, and even Hashirama used them as simple tools to balance out the power between the five great countries. You might even call it slavery:

Spoiler!

And Mito as well as Kushina litteraly failed at getting along with Kurama. They didn't even know his name, although they spent much more time with him. Many damage could have been prevented if they had found a way to become friends with him.

I found it quite surprising that the shinobis on the battle-field so easily accepted Kurama's chakra, even if it was Naruto handing it over to them. We might find Sasuke's opinion on the bijuus quite more common than Naruto's.

Yet, the idea a simple wind-enforced Amaterasu is enough to take down the Juubi is really ridiculous. Sasuke really has a habit of overestimating his capabilities. There is Naruto, there are the other Hokages. He simply isn't that strong at the moment. Maybe someone should tell him...

Lakritze,

It's not just Sasuke's desire to destroy the Juubi and the Bijuus with it, It's his Intent to forcefully impose his own changes and his own Rulership.

Sasuke in this state appears ready to become Hokage whether the people Acknowledge him or not, and his unwillingness to listen to Naruto, and ignore anyone's wishes is problematic.

This is the self-same "Older Son" syndrome that Made Madara leave the village when he could not accept the will of the people and work to earn their trust.

It all also ties back to Itachi's words to Naruto. "It's never been 'The one who becomes Hokage will be acknowledge by everyone', it's 'The one who is acknowledge by everyone, becomes the Hokage'."

The Current Sasuke hasn't got time of day for these kinds of ideals.
    Last edited by paulbee; 06-21-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Lakritze,

It's not just Sasuke's desire to destroy the Juubi and the Bijuus with it, It's his Intent to forcefully impose his own changes and his own Rulership.

Sasuke in this state appears ready to become Hokage whether the people Acknowledge him or not, and his unwillingness to listen to Naruto, and ignore anyone's wishes is problematic.

This is the self-same "Older Son" syndrome that Made Madara leave the village when he could not accept the will of the people and work to earn their trust.

It all also ties back to Itachi's words to Naruto. "It's never been 'The one who becomes Hokage will be acknowledge by everyone', it's 'The one who is acknowledge by everyone, becomes the Hokage'."

The Current Sasuke hasn't got time of day for these kinds of ideals.
    This is why i think that his conversation with Hashirama Senju made Sasuke more like the real Madara Uchiha. Now Sasuke wants to help defeat the Juubi and the Bijuus so he can create a new system and be the ruler of it to ensure that nothing like what occurred with his brother and his clan will happen again. He doesn't have the village in mind of for his goals. That's also why i think the final showdown of Sasuke and Naruto will occur somehow, either after a time skip, or perhaps just following the end of the war.

Something i also thought could happen was, if the war ends, assuming Madara and Obito are both defeated/killed, if Orochimaru were to also die, it would mean that the only person that knows the Edo Tensei Jutsu would be Tobirama. So, he might try and take Sasuke's life before he releases the Edo Tensei, given that he overall will not tolerate any threat to the village whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by mo916 View Post
    This is why i think that his conversation with Hashirama Senju made Sasuke more like the real Madara Uchiha. Now Sasuke wants to help defeat the Juubi and the Bijuus so he can create a new system and be the ruler of it to ensure that nothing like what occurred with his brother and his clan will happen again. He doesn't have the village in mind of for his goals. That's also why i think the final showdown of Sasuke and Naruto will occur somehow, either after a time skip, or perhaps just following the end of the war.

Something i also thought could happen was, if the war ends, assuming Madara and Obito are both defeated/killed, if Orochimaru were to also die, it would mean that the only person that knows the Edo Tensei Jutsu would be Tobirama. So, he might try and take Sasuke's life before he releases the Edo Tensei, given that he overall will not tolerate any threat to the village whatsoever.
    Part of me wonders if Sasuke learned Edo Tensei from Itachi/Kabuto. I half expect to see him use it to "revive his clan" like he always said he would (possibly after gaining access to Obito's store of Sharingan).

as hokage, i see naruto having mercy on others while saskue would be a strict utilitarian er an avenger err a batman wannabe.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

I agree that utilitarianism would support an "end justifies the means" outlook, which is very much Sasuke's style.. however, utilitarian ethics typically seek to maximize the good and minimize the bad in such a way that the least suffering is created... Sasuke would have to consider the well-being of everyone, not just those he chooses to sympathize with. Being an avenger is not utilitarian; Itachi/Tobirama are the true utilitarians.