Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

For those who don't know, this is the world's most popular sporting competition(right next to the Olympics), which means you should know it!! Its the FIFA World Cup (British = Football, American's = Soccer).

Ok, the host nation has been chosen, the qualifications are over, the draws have been made...all that's left now is the action. Basically this is the thread where we discuss EVERYTHING relating to the competition(including the international friendlies from now till then). Here's a link to th groups list.

http://g.uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/world-cup/

Its still sometime away but there's A LOT to talk about before then..

The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams.
    "Reality is wrong, dreams are for real"

Nice Thread!!!
    Im going to place my bet this year in Spain!
    They have a great team and young players, im sure they can win in this time
    But they will have to face Brazil or Portugal in the second round!

Thanks Blue hime!

Thanks Spiro for this interesting thread. First of all I wish the one who win the WC is a team that never have won WC. I will be straight forward, I wish if Spain or Holland could win WC. They are in my favorites team's list. Beside Argentina which is in the top of favorites list because of Maradona, with all due respect to Pele, Maradona is the best Century player ever & because of Messidona. And Beside France which is the second in my favorites list & that because of Zidane, who is best player after Maradona. But Argentina had won WC 2 times and France had won once before so I wish non of them will win WC. However, If neither Spain nor Holland couldn't have won WC, then I wish for Argentina or France to be the winner.

Regarding Spain:[
    They are the best National team right now. After they have won Euro 08, they have never failed amazing me. With every a single Match they are better than before. They have a good team work, amazing player like Xavi, Fábregas, Villla, Torres, Alonso, Iniesta who I think he the best in Spain and a spectacular goalkeeper Casillas. As we know from the history of WC, Spain always do very well in Qualification but after that in the Finals that they always disappoint every one. latest example,in 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup they have defeated from from USA 2 - nil, WTF?? with All due respect to USA team but Seriously WTF? . But I hope that will not happen again.

Regrading Holland:
    What I can say about this team? They are UNLACKIEST TEAM I've ever seen. They should have won WC 2 time before in WC 74 & WC 78 or maybe 3 times if we remember how did they knocked out in Semi- FinalWC 98. They always do wonderful game with a spectacular tactics & they have good player like van der Vaart, van Persie, Roben, Schnider. But again in finals, they disappoint everyone like what had happened in Euro 08 when they'd knocked out by Russia 3-1 in Quarter-Final Again WTF? I know Russia history in football game they had brilliants players when they under the name of USSR but Right now They are nothing in front of Holland. May be that due to the arrogant attitude of their Manger Marco van Basten who have refused to call up an expert player like Seedorf or that also due to Russian manager Guus Hiddink's strategy ( who BTW is Dutch & the smartest manger I have ever seen & I wished if he is the current manger of Holland)

Finally, I wouldn't be SURPRISED if an African team like Ghana , Cameroon or Côte d'Ivoire win WC
    Last edited by ammada™; 01-08-2010 at 08:35 AM.

imo Brazil will win it
    they are the best team out there...and outside europe like 94 or 02 they`ve
    won the WC,not won 06 and 98 both in europe
    though holland or some outsiders(like mexico,serbia etc.) would be fine too

Quote Originally Posted by amma2006 View Post
    Thanks Spiro for this intresting thread. First of all I wish the one who win the WC is a team that never have won WC. I will be straight forward, I wish if Spain or Holland wins WC. They are in my favorites team's list. Beside Argentina which is in the top of favorites list because of Maradona, with all due respect to Pele, Maradona is the best Century player ever & because of Messidona. And Beside France which is the second in my favorites list & that because of Zidane, who is best player after Maradona. But Argentina had won WC 2 times and France had once before so I wish non of them will win WC. However, If neither Spain nor Holland couldn't have won WC, then I wish for Argentina or France to the winner.
    with all due respect to your thinking ,but pele is the best

to come to ur two fav. teams france and argentina
    i wouldnt count on them
    france plays terrible football and not just this year
    they need a new coach,cuz domenech has no effect on them

about argentina,
    well they have a great team of individualists
    but as team they dont play good,like u have seen in the WC-Q
    they try to force it everytime through the middle,there is no variation in the game play and also though i like maradona very much
    he is no trainer-kind-of-type

edit: nothing against spain but they have already wont the EC so i want someone else to win the WC

Sig & Ava = Jaiden

I agree with you in regarding Argentina & France. Both they have good players but they need a new talent coach.

Regarding Pele, Ive reviewed his all Video clips, nothing special about him beside he had played at a time when there are no professional players in contrary to Maradona. & I see Ronaldinho during 05-06 better than Pele. But right now he just a ghost ,TAKE A LOOK IN MY AVATAR, YOU"LL UNDERSTAND WHAT DID I MEAN
    FIFA just had chosen Pele over Maradona for the best century player just because Maradona had a bad history.

Regarding Brazil, they had won WC 5 times, & that far enough for them.
    BTW, Brazil should have never won that WC 02, they have good luck in that WC. In Front of Belgium, the Referee had canceled a goal for Belgium.
    Last edited by ammada™; 01-17-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by REDXIII View Post
    imo Brazil will win it
    they are the best team out there...and outside europe like 94 or 02 they`ve
    won the WC,not won 06 and 98 both in europe
    though holland or some outsiders(like mexico,serbia etc.) would be fine too

with all due respect to your thinking ,but pele is the best

to come to ur two fav. teams france and argentina
    i wouldnt count on them
    france plays terrible football and not just this year
    they need a new coach,cuz domenech has no effect on them

about argentina,
    well they have a great team of individualists
    but as team they dont play good,like u have seen in the WC-Q
    they try to force it everytime through the middle,there is no variation in the game play and also though i like maradona very much
    he is no trainer-kind-of-type

edit: nothing against spain but they have already wont the EC so i want someone else to win the WC
    AGREED.
    and lol, Brazil has been by far the best since i can remember.

I don't think Brazil will get far in this WC. They have the most difficult opponents in their group.
    And thus the Spain play good football, I just can't forget the EC-final. :(

For me it is Germany all the way, because they continously play well in the WC. (2nd in 2002, 3rd in 2006 and 2nd in the EC 2008)

EDIT:
    Thanks Spiro for this interesting thread. First of all I wish the one who win the WC is a team that never have won WC. I will be straight forward, I wish if Spain or Holland could win WC.
    Everything but Holland, please.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    I don't think Brazil will get far in this WC.
    Nothing will stand in Brazil way & that because they have damm luck. Since WC in USA 94, All their wins were just by luck.
    Everything but Holland, please.
    Why? You don't like the Orange.
    Last edited by ammada™; 01-08-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Nothing will stand in Brazil way & that because they have damm luck. Since WC in USA 94, All their wins were just by luck.
    Well they have Portugal and Cote d'Ivoire in their group, that's why I think, that it would be difficult for them.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Why? You don't like the Orange.
    everybody needs a lil bit of luck
    but all in all brazi has always had a terrific team and most of the time they also play very good
    and this year they play extremely good
    and btw in germany u dont like the oranjes

Well they have Portugal and Cote d'Ivoire in their group, that's why I think, that it would be difficult for them.
    portugal also like france and argentinia lacks something
    u could see it in the quali,as for cote d`Ivoire
    i dont think they can beat brazil yet though they are a great team

Sig & Ava = Jaiden