2 18.18%
  • 3 -- Average

0 0%
  • 2 -- Meh

0 0%
  • 1 -- Sucked balls

0 0%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I just read Mangatstream version, OMZ melted away and became the Hilt of the Flaming sword. After he'd become the hilt, he invited Ichigo to take the sword. In Effect it seems he has poured his own power into the mix (voluntarily), and all of them are now Zangetsu.

I wonder if the Three Inner Spirits (Two?) will still be able to speak independently or whether the fully merged like Tensa Zangetsu did with Hichigo?

Really like the story.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    MANGASTREAM VERSION

I just noticed this but Zangetsu was crying. I mean being by Ichigo's side all this time and have to say goodbye had to be heartbreaking.
    Really ? I did notice, at first I wanted to write that there were manly tears flowing, like a parent seeing his child being able to stand on his own and letting him go onward... but I though that everyone did notice that in the other version . Don't tell me that you also hadn't notice how Ichigo falls into doubt, right after the start (the rain starts to fall), then into despair when he learns that his name isn't Zangetsu (the world falls into endless water body) and at the end the shining light of hope and truth encompasses all (expect that his skyscrapers might above clouds next time ).

It seems to me that the sword is rather overflowing with raw destructive energy rather than a flame. You know, in similar fashion how he can encase his Bankai in Black Getsuga, but with his Shikai ? His FGT seems to work in similar manner.

Does this mean that Ichigo's sword Shikai will finally have a cross guard and a proper hilt (though it did gain a hilt thanks to his Fullbring) ? Or is it that it gained simply a new power ?

I'm not sure if he is still disappearing or simply relinquishing his position as the main power core, but he better leave behind that tatter undershirt, because we all know how awesome it would look on Ichigo .

So will Fusion Zangetsu come out of that blinding light, or will it already be the completely reforged Zanapakutou ?

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I just read Mangatstream version, OMZ melted away and became the Hilt of the Flaming sword. After he'd become the hilt, he invited Ichigo to take the sword. In Effect it seems he has poured his own power into the mix (voluntarily), and all of them are now Zangetsu.

I wonder if the Three Inner Spirits (Two?) will still be able to speak independently or whether the fully merged like Tensa Zangetsu did with Hichigo?

Really like the story.
    Okay, so they merged, I thought OMZ faded away or Ichigo was going to loose his Quincy powers...but if they started off as one being, it makes sense to merge again
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by drgnx View Post
    Okay, so they merged, I thought OMZ faded away or Ichigo was going to loose his Quincy powers...
    From what I understood he simply released the power of Ichigo's Zanpakutou that he was suppressing.

If they really managed to brainwash Uryu, then Ichgio will need his Inner Bach to befriend Uryu's Inner Bach and then reprogram it or something along those line .

What Paul meant is not that he become the whole hilt (it was there while he was still holding it in his hands) it's that a Figure of OMZ appeared at the top of the hilt, replacing the chain (a symbol that it no longer is restricted ?). Basically, he became what he originally was meant to be, it's paralleled with his first appearance:
    Spoiler!

In similar fashion, in a straight pose, he now stands at the end of his hilt.

The flash at the end might be a symbol of the forging ending and that they all are now one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    From what I understood he simply released the power of Ichigo's Zanpakutou that he was suppressing.
    Well it was both actually, he released the Zanpakuto's power that he was suppressing with his own power thereby adding both to Ichigo/Zangetsu's power. After all, he did say that he is now able to fight with his FULL power, which would naturally include his quincy power. What I don't get here is when OMZ said that he became Ichigo's primary source of power. That has to be relevant only to his shikai mode. Because obviously he was tapping into hollow power once he learned bankai, hence the black getsugas and the hollow taking over, and then even more so with the hollow mask.

Anyway I get what we are going to see here with whole representation of Zangetsu in Ichigo's world complete with quincy infusion. It HAS to be H2 Ichigo(which we now know to be sorta what the original hollow looked like) complete with mask wearing OMZ's duds... how much more awesome could ANYTHING look?! Somebody deviant-art that shit right now! lol

^ The likelihood of someone guessing is quite small, but oh well maybe something like this ?:
    Spoiler!

In this one you can at least see from where the Speed Boost is coming from .

I'm really not sure how that can really look like, but let's first take a look how they look by themselves:
    - OMZ - the tallest and the oldest person in Ichigo's inner world, wavy block/brown hair, red eyes, sunglasses, beard, black overcoat, black pants and boots, white tattered shirt;
    - Whitey (depends on which form ?) - long white hair, white skin, black around the eye with golden eyes, mask, mainly white clothes with a little black, a black mane around his neck and wrist, a mask with horns, clothes that of Ichigo's first Bankai, black tattoo on the chest;
    - Tensa Zangetsu - the shortest and youngest person in Ichigo's inner world, black short (since H2Hichigo has a long one) straight hair, blue eyes, black on outside coat with a hood, white on inside (BTW. I always forget that OMZ is about 30-60 cm taller than Tensa Zangetsu :p.);
    - Fusion Zangetsu (this is more of an example how it might go along) - middle or still the shortest hight, white short (compared to rest) hair, one eye blue with white around, the other gray/white/silver with black around, white coat with black fur a part of the horn mask, white skin, still young.

Now try and combine all those into one badass . It's easier to make 3 good characters seemingly than make a good fusion of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Soul Society View Post
    this chapter was in a way a confirmation of things zero highlighted last week

ichigo had never entered the hollow world whilst in bankai mode.. and if you notice that when ichigo changes from shikai to bankai that his appearance so is it not fair to assume that if ichigo's physical appearance also changes that their must be a type of change to zangetsu's physical form as well?
    I'm sorry, this is a little bit confusing but if I correctly understood you, you mean that he (Old man "Zangetsu") changes appearance, because Ichigo too changes after entering Bankai mode.

Well there is a problem with that statement. OMZ is not Ichigo's Zanpakuto, why should HE, the source of his quincy powers, change in Bankai mode.

And I don't believe that Tensa Zangetsu is a different spirit that represents his original shinigami powers like someone else had guessed. Tensa Zangetsu mentioned the rain during his fight with Ichigo and how being underwater was even worse. That was something that OMZ and only OMZ had been referring to before.

Another thing that bothers me is that in this chapter OMZ said that when he was in trouble, he never saved him, it was always the hollow. But in his battle with Kenpachi, OMZ not only saved him, he was stopping his blood so he could fight on. Sure he summoned Hollow Ichigo to battle him, but in the end he became a stronger shinigami afterwards and it's not like the hollow hadn't rescued Ichigo before this battle once (during the fight with Renji).

I think we will see OMZ again before the end of the manga, but for now I just hope Ichigo's Zanpakuto appearance doesn't change too much (especially the Shikai). It already changed after the time skip and we had hardly any time to see the new Zanpakuto, it would be a waste, because I really liked the new design.

^ It doe seem that the shape of the sword will change to be more cross-like, perhaps more like cross-horn-like even, since there might have been a foreshadowing of it in the cover of chapter 378, where Ichigo is underwater (sorrow inner world) and one of his necklaces have a peculiar Sword-like form:
    Spoiler!

This might be how his new Shikai will look like (after reforging).

I guess it could be said that Ichigo was using only half of the sword or something like that ? You know, turning out that his Zanpakutou isn't one bladed but actually double bladed, plus if you add a guard to each side it comes out as a cross ?

I don't think that sword OMZ summoned at the end of the chapter is any indication to how the Zanpakuto will look like, because that is just Juha Bachs sword. I don't really think he will have a cross on the sword, because if anything, the Zanpakuto most likely will be less quincy like and not more. Ichigo's Quincy powers will manifest in some othe way.

That necklace sword doesn't look that bad, but I really hope it's not the new shikai.

By the way I've remembered another thing that is wrong about OMZs statement. OMZ tought Ichigo his Bankai, there was no Hollow to be seen anywhere. This retcon just seems a little sloppy and that's why I don't like it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Argonar View Post
    By the way I've remembered another thing that is wrong about OMZs statement. OMZ tought Ichigo his Bankai, there was no Hollow to be seen anywhere. This retcon just seems a little sloppy and that's why I don't like it that much.
    The thing is, we never actually saw the moment when he acheived bankai. There might be a reason for that.