• 3 -- Average

3 18.75%
  • 2 -- Meh

0 0%
  • 1 -- Sucked balls

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by janfeae View Post
    I've asked it a couple of times, but do you guys think the 5 Kage still have a part to play in this war? If so, do you think they will return battle ready?
    I could see them joining the fight (with Orochimaru) against the Juubi's next transformation, but I don't see the Kages making a big difference either way.

seems to me that while everyone is occupied with the Juubi and Madara, Orochimaru has snuck off to where Tsunade is. He hasn't mentioned the other Kage so I guess we should assume Tsunade has healed them and they've left. And so I am speculating that Oro's motive with Tsunade is to get a blood sample so he can use her as an edo tensei pawn. With limitless chakra she'd be a butt kicking, healing machine. I think we're about to see the sinister side of Oro/Sasuk's supposed redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I could see them joining the fight (with Orochimaru) against the Juubi's next transformation, but I don't see the Kages making a big difference either way.
    they definitely underestimated Madara but I would say, as with bijuu tails, 9 Kage are better than 5. granted, this war has shown the immense strength of Konoha but the combined efforts of 5 Hokage plus the current four from the other villages would definitely be a step in a right direction.

if this is some "actions speak louder than words" situation with Sasuke and Orochimaru, we could see surprising behavior. Sasuke may have carried over his ruthless ways (a la Tobirama). that line may have been illustration of that frame of mind.

why is everyone so quiet? _

Quote Originally Posted by geoffreynojutsu View Post
    they definitely underestimated Madara but I would say, as with bijuu tails, 9 Kage are better than 5. granted, this war has shown the immense strength of Konoha but the combined efforts of 5 Hokage plus the current four from the other villages would definitely be a step in a right direction.

if this is some "actions speak louder than words" situation with Sasuke and Orochimaru, we could see surprising behavior. Sasuke may have carried over his ruthless ways (a la Tobirama). that line may have been illustration of that frame of mind.

why is everyone so quiet? _
    People are usually quiet when the chapter has very little in the way of development / potential theorycrafting evidence. If we'd learned something new about the Sharingan /.Natural Energy / "Yin/Yang", we'd have a lot more to go on

I agreed that the Kages could still contribute, especially if the fight is all about spamming big attacks at the Juubi (Dust Element + Tsunade acting as a Chakra Battery). However, other than that, they are outclassed completely... they're all one-trick ponies with inferior techniques.

I think Tsunade is as good as dead. I like the idea that she may be resurrected using ET, but i really cant see her wanting to kill someone else in order to have a little fight. Unless there is another Zetsu placed so 'conveniently' near by.

As soon as she walked onto the battlefield she was dead. She has to die in order for Sasuke and Naruto to have their fight without anyone of any authority being able to jump in and stop them. When the war is done we will be left with 2 massive powerhouses that both apparently want the same thing and are eager to fight one another to achieve it. Tsunade being there is just a complication that they dont need. As Shikamaru said she has placed all of her hopes with Naruto - you really think she would allow Sasuke to even lay a claim to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    I think Tsunade is as good as dead. I like the idea that she may be resurrected using ET, but i really cant see her wanting to kill someone else in order to have a little fight. Unless there is another Zetsu placed so 'conveniently' near by.

As soon as she walked onto the battlefield she was dead. She has to die in order for Sasuke and Naruto to have their fight without anyone of any authority being able to jump in and stop them. When the war is done we will be left with 2 massive powerhouses that both apparently want the same thing and are eager to fight one another to achieve it. Tsunade being there is just a complication that they dont need. As Shikamaru said she has placed all of her hopes with Naruto - you really think she would allow Sasuke to even lay a claim to it?
    Kishi is going the fanservice-y route on everything these days. I'm actually guessing Tsunade will live, Orochimaru will Edo Tensei Jiraiya, and the original three Sannin can all join the battle and see their disciples fight. I actually am seriously feeling a Jiraiya return. Kishi only waited until now because he wanted the impact to be greatest, so it'll be Oro doing it. After the Hokages were Edo'd, no death is sacred any more.

I hope Tsunade is alive and will continue to be that way to the end of the Manga. I just cannot find myself in agreement with fans who want to see several people killed off, either to reflect the realities of war, or to clear the field of less favored characters. This Just a personal preference mark you. (This is fantasy after all, and the real world has enough killings and dyings for my taste).

I will indulge myself in a waning whimper of disgruntlement. I hope Kishi remembers that the title of the Manga is "NARUTO" and not "Team 7". as a Diehard fan, I'd been looking for Naruto to save the day following a darkest hour. I don't want team 7 to save the day.

Perhaps Kishi has indeed not forgotten, perhaps the last 2 chapters are a plot ploy to bring some closure to past events, introduce some more potential adversaries, then and maybe to established that IN SPITE of the combined might of the Edo Hokages (Minato inclusive), and a powered up Team 7, the Darkness of the hour increases, and the Saviour of the Day still will be Our Boy Naruto after all.

If I'm right then The Juubi will absorb Amaterasu, Juubi Will break free the Mokuton Based Roshumon pinning it down, Juubi will reach its final form, Juubi will Destroy/Revoke ET by its sheer power, Or at least force the Edos(Madara too) them to admit powerlessness before it. Then it will come down to a renewed revitalised Kyuubi + Ultra Rikuudo SageMode Naruto+The Nine NAmes Morphed into a new Juubi Jinchuuriki VS OLD Juubi.

If this were to happen I guess I'd be very happy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Kishi is going the fanservice-y route on everything these days. I'm actually guessing Tsunade will live, Orochimaru will Edo Tensei Jiraiya, and the original three Sannin can all join the battle and see their disciples fight. I actually am seriously feeling a Jiraiya return. Kishi only waited until now because he wanted the impact to be greatest, so it'll be Oro doing it. After the Hokages were Edo'd, no death is sacred any more.
    Wanna bet that Oro has Jiraiya's DNA Hidden in a pocket dimension?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

1. Agreed, I want Tsunade to live... it wouldn't make sense for her to die now after surviving so many near-death chapters. To me, the meeting with Dan, where an otherworldly spirit told her to live on for his sake, is all the evidence I need to believe that Kishi intends to let Tsunade live. I realize that means she'd need to willingly pass on the Hokage title, but seeing as she's been the greatest supporter of Naruto's dream to become Hokage throughout the series, I believe it's only right that she gets to be the one to bestow that honor.

2. I believe Naruto will definitely step up and be the savior; these chapters are just to highlight the "New Sannin", since that has been driven down our throats for so long, despite Team 7 being constantly split up. This is the first time we've seen them fight side-by-side... I just wish it were against a REAL opponent, not Zetsu fodder and an immobilized Juubi. It's not all that exciting to watch them slice through random monsters, no matter how much ass-kissing other characters give them.

3. I definitely think the Juubi's next form will break the silly barrier, overcome the Amaterasu somehow, and force the Hokages/Alliance to enter a more desperate struggle. That'll be the time for Naruto/Sasuke to really show their stuff; they'll have to bring out the REAL big guns, not their summons. That'll be the time for Naruto to receive Kurama's chakra, attempt Kyuubi/Sage Mode, use the Nine Names, meet the Rikudou, etc. His actions will definitely surpass Sasuke's, although Sasuke will of course play a key role.

4. I'm just assuming Oro has some of Jiraiya's DNA. He has everyone else's, and someone like Orochimaru probably planned for Jiraiya's death. I guess it'd still be a question of where he'd get the living vessel to perform Edo Tensei; are there any Zetsu still alive? Maybe if Kabuto shows up, Oro could use the spores Zetsu placed on Kabuto in the same way he used the spores placed on Sasuke.

Hope Kishi doesn't play us for fools regarding the One Tails. Everybody has been aware from the start that Ichibi and Hachibi did not yet leave their chakra to Naruto.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Hope Kishi doesn't play us for fools regarding the One Tails. Everybody has been aware from the start that Ichibi and Hachibi did not yet leave their chakra to Naruto.
    I think that One-tails (and probably 8-tail) already did appear along those 9 names, or the bijuu behind Naruto.

Well, seeing as the transfer seems to go through bumping fist, or just touching, then he already did touch the jinchurikis of One and Eight tails (the first was a head bump, while the other was a fist bump), perhaps then it was transfered already. You could say that 8-tails had accepted him at some point of the fist bumping, while the One-tail could have given him a bit as a reward for owning his jinchuriki (plus I think that he would feel and recognize Kyubi's chakra that Naruto used in the battle). Yeah, that's one way for Kishi to write himself out of that corner, what can be the other ones ? Well, perhaps that each of the Bijuu, in preparation of meeting Naruto (the Ape did inform them beforehand), already got a portion of Shukaku's chakra (they technically were still connected to the statue), or something .

Then again, Kishi already proved to be ready to brake the story in order to move forward, or we simply will never get an answer to that. Authors tend to leave some things vague if they are unable to explain it, or properly fit into the story.