Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    no, you guys are missing it.. look at the lines just before.. hes quasi reading ichigo's mind
    come fight my brute here

Ok guys, all of us who pointed out the connection between Yhwach and Zangetsu: We're the best!

I'm very excited about this, hope KT manages to tie things together in a credible way.

Functional link: MANGASTREAM VERSION.

DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Epic plot twist! I mean we all have made jokes how Zangetsu looked like Bach but who knew it was actually going to be him. Does this mean that what we thought was his shinigami powers was actually his quincy powers all along? Keep the ball rolling Kubo because this just keeps getting good.

Noooooooooooooooooooo, man that sucks! I was really hping that the similarity was just coincidence. I always liked old man Zangetsu, way more than Tensa Zangetsu, White and the mixed version combined.

I really really hope that Zangetsu is just some leftover image of Juha Bach and not Juha Bach himself (which means I want him to still be on Ichigo's side and not some faker wo will be completely removed)

Like someone said, the retcon doesn't make too much sense and I really don't like it. Man I will never be able to enjoy the Ichigo vs. Kenpachi battle again :-(

well now, hopefully "zangetsu" -- Hichigo will at least begin teaching Ichigo how to fight with Zangetsu properly now. incorporating the long chain and whatnot... I always thought it was a badass way of fighting and was always pissed that Ichigo never picked it up. Just imagine Ichigo firing off black getsugas while swinging Zangetsu around his head by the chain-- yeah.

Oh wait, that means the Shikai Getsuga Tenshou is white because it's really like a quincy's arrow, while the black one is from his shinigami side. Black and white, opposites corresponding to Quincy and Shinigami! Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    So Oetsu does have a hollow. Wonder if its "complete" like whitey or if its one like the Vizards.
    No he doesn't.... he was quoting ichigo.... and not himself

Quote Originally Posted by Argonar View Post
    I really really hope that Zangetsu is just some leftover image of Juha Bach and not Juha Bach himself (which means I want him to still be on Ichigo's side and not some faker wo will be completely removed)
    He is "some left over image"..... old man zangetsu is just a representation of ichigo's quincy powers.... and since all quincy powers came from juha bach its no coincidence that old man zangetsu resembles him...... old man zangetsu is NOT juha bach... it is just a manifestation of ichigo's quincy powers

Quote Originally Posted by Argonar View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooo, man that sucks! I was really hping that the similarity was just coincidence. I always liked old man Zangetsu, way more than Tensa Zangetsu, White and the mixed version combined.

Like someone said, the retcon doesn't make too much sense and I really don't like it. Man I will never be able to enjoy the Ichigo vs. Kenpachi battle again :-(
    Rejoice my friend, Old Man Zangetseu (OMZ) is NOT Juha Bach. Juha Bach is in Huecko Mundo, and your first impression is correct. OMZ is take the appearance of the Juha Bach from 1000yrs ago. ALSO, I believe that this OMZ is inside every single Quincy. The Reason that Katagiri died, and Masaki lost her powers was because The Real Juha Bach Removed the OMZ from inside them and added it back to himself.

I have to ask, WHY oh WHY is Ichigo's Shinigami powers fused to his Hollow power. The Two are fused, but the Quincy aspect is not fused.

Some Thoughts:

1) I'll re-propose that OMZ (Ichigo's Quincy power) was what allowed him to Manifest a Zanpactou without an Asauchi through Quincy Reishi manipulation powers..

2) At the end of the Aizen arch OMZ and Hichigo fused. Hope this shows that there is no risk to Ichigo from having OMZ inside him. If all normal quincies have something like OMZ inside them, and they can still act on their own volition against Juha Bach (hope that's true), then there should be no risk to Ichigo.

3) Perhaps the reason Juha Bach was able to break Old Zangetsu Sword so easily was because it being created by an aspect of his power, it could not in the end resist his power.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Wow, so many people saw the connection, but I don't think anyone really saw this coming. I personally it was just Kubo's art style, but wow, it was a real connection XP
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I have to ask, WHY oh WHY is Ichigo's Shinigami powers fused to his Hollow power. The Two are fused, but the Quincy aspect is not fused.
    I had the same question... why wouldn't they all be fused? Unless its something like hollow/shinigami and quincy/human are fused something like that.

Some Thoughts:

1) I'll re-propose that OMZ (Ichigo's Quincy power) was what allowed him to Manifest a Zanpactou without an Asauchi through Quincy Reishi manipulation powers..

2) At the end of the Aizen arch OMZ and Hichigo fused. Hope this shows that there is no risk to Ichigo from having OMZ inside him. If all normal quincies have something like OMZ inside them, and they can still act on their own volition against Juha Bach (hope that's true), then there should be no risk to Ichigo.

3) Perhaps the reason Juha Bach was able to break Old Zangetsu Sword so easily was because it being created by an aspect of his power, it could not in the end resist his power.
    I disagree with 1. I am still a firm believer that Ichigo did involve an asauchi in the creation of his original zanpakuto, that being the one that Rukia stabbed him with. It became Ichigo's asauchi albiet bloated up by his spiritual pressure. That asauchi/zanpakuto was what Byakuya and Urahara cut up till it was just a hilt which was then used to call out Zangetsu, which was a proper zanpakuto-- hence Ichigo being able to have a shikai and bankai.

Now perhaps in reguards to your 1 and 3 above, it could be the case that when SS gave Ichigo his powers back that that was an instance where he could have possibly brought about a pseudo-Zangetsu though OMZ and that was possibly why Bach found it so easy to break. That could very well have been a fake zanpakuto being that no asauchi were involved, hence we never got any screentime with old man Zangetsu or Hichigo.