Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    This chapter made me realize something, I really don't like Mangastream's translations .. much.

Take this chapter for example, in my opinion they completely ruined what was Minato supposed to say about Naruto's Rasengan. "That slick bastard Naruto .." like hell would Minato say it like that. It's just so much out of character.
    Yeah, it sounded more like what Hashirama would say about Madara gaining Rinnegan :p.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about the Hollow thing, is that the shape of Ino's Soul, or is that the White Shadow ?

Summons... so, is Sasuke, Naruto and Hinato the only ones with them ? The answer is no, so why weren't they used up until now by other ninja (Temari had a Kamaitachi styled one ) ?

So, is Katsui the only Slug that can be summoned and only in her full form, or can be a part of her summoned ? If so, it would have helped Sakura heal people and herself along the way through most of this series...

Somehow the more I look at their growing up forms, the more they remind me of Joker :p.

This chapter made me realize something, I really don't like Mangastream's translations .. much.

Take this chapter for example, in my opinion they completely ruined what was Minato supposed to say about Naruto's Rasengan. "That slick bastard Naruto .." like hell would Minato say it like that. It's just so much out of character.
    Very true. Minato referring to Naruto as a bastard alone just seems completely inappropriate considering that's his son he's referring to, apparently the translator didn't think that line through.

as far as the team 7 kuchiyose animal identities are concerned, I'm gonna bet katsuyu and manda are/were just individuals from their respective races just like gamabunta and co. from the sage/pain arc were the grown ups and gamakichi/tatsu are the juveniles. I, for one, am PUMPED for this battle. for all those crying foul and boredom: are you letting speculation influence your expectations? I see nothing wrong with the apprentices of the great sannin (redundant?) following in suit.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Not only do they blatantly disregard character, it's like the translator tries to squeeze in some profanity on the first page every single time.

As a big fan of the series, I can thoroughly appreciate the nostalgia, and not be so critical lol. Right now, it's about everyone from the old days coming together again. I'm sure at one point, it will be on the Kages and Madara. Then soon after, Naruto and Sasuke perhaps. Lastly, there is Naruto and the Juubi. The Sage vs the Divine Beast part 2. I also wonder if the other Kage still have a part in this war.

Quote Originally Posted by janfeae View Post
    As a big fan of the series, I can thoroughly appreciate the nostalgia, and not be so critical lol. Right now, it's about everyone from the old days coming together again. I'm sure at one point, it will be on the Kages and Madara. Then soon after, Naruto and Sasuke perhaps. Lastly, there is Naruto and the Juubi. The Sage vs the Divine Beast part 2. I also wonder if the other Kage still have a part in this war.
    Exactly; every time Kishi "resets" a fight, it takes a while to speed up again. Right now it's all about nostalgia with the Konoha rookies to celebrate Team 7 being reunited, so everyone is getting a chance to show off. It's making for some fairly slow chapters, just like the "Shinobi Alliance Jutsu", but it's building up to all the epic stuff we expect to see. The Hokages are keeping the Juubi sealed, Madara is just chilling, Obito is still in his own dimension, and all the Alliance is fighting is random Zetsu-esque spawn... once the Juubi transforms and breaks that seal, the real battle will begin; my guess is that will happen right as the spawn are about to be defeated, probably in the next two chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    He Better be reading these boards....We're the best after all, LOL!

What I like best was how Naruto Streched out his Chakra hand and Snatched Sai out of the sky (saving him from a bad fall). Naruto is using his Kyuubi Powers far better now, and less like a Dunder-Headed Numbscull BAKA...Maybe there's hope for a more Minato-like Naruto after all.
    I expected to see sasuke react to naruto using the kyubi's chakra so well but it wasnt shown.

A good chapter, not to make us pumped up, but pleasing to read.

Finally a little (very little) recognition from at least one person (Minato), regarding Naruto's FRS (and i agree, mangastream version was really poor in that panel).

It was great seeing Naruto and Sasuke measuring each other abilities again like in the old days, it remember me of the tree claiming "challenge"

The other rookies moves, although they were more of the same that they already do, it was readable.

In the Ino–Shika–Chō combo, the white "ghost" was i think it was Ino's consciousness, connected to shikamaru's, that why, her portrait appears connected to the "ghost" in the upper part, then the ghost is connected to Shikamaru, who in his turn is connected to Chouji via shadow biding.

Kiba doing KB and adding it to the same technique he already had with akamaru was nice, but it felt that, there was a lack in creativity, but that's just me.

Shino's new bug was enjoyable, just 1 more type of bug, but one that really kicks ass

I was disappointed with Hinata, after so many years and she was only, still able to do 32 palms ? i know Neji was a genius, but after training with him, she should be pointing to 128 palms not 64, and also kaiten.
    I think that even with Sakura only having strength (in her favour in a battle), Hinata still seems to be the weakest of the rookie 9.

Regarding the summoning's, the frog is without a doubt Gamakichi, since between the 2 frog brothers he his the one that resembles Gamabunta the most.
    The slug and snake, are probably offspring's of the respective counter parts of Bunta (Katsuyu and Manta), it wouldnt make sense if Kushi made Shakura summon Katsuyu, and Naruto Gamakichi instead of Gamabunta, witch is supposed to be stronger than his son, and has more experience.
    I would like to see if Sasuke's snake is manta's son, and if so, dispite the contract, what would he think of Sasuke's using Manta has a shield in Deidara's explosion leading to his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Exactly; every time Kishi "resets" a fight, it takes a while to speed up again. Right now it's all about nostalgia with the Konoha rookies to celebrate Team 7 being reunited, so everyone is getting a chance to show off. It's making for some fairly slow chapters, just like the "Shinobi Alliance Jutsu", but it's building up to all the epic stuff we expect to see. The Hokages are keeping the Juubi sealed, Madara is just chilling, Obito is still in his own dimension, and all the Alliance is fighting is random Zetsu-esque spawn... once the Juubi transforms and breaks that seal, the real battle will begin; my guess is that will happen right as the spawn are about to be defeated, probably in the next two chapters.
    ^^^ this

*sigh* A chapter full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

No, but seriously, it was pretty to look at, but for all of the cool looking techniques and what not, exactly NONE of them are being used to accomplish anything of value right now. They aren't advancing the battle or gaining ground against the Juubi--they are just grinding up throwaway fodder. Each of the Rookie 9 using simple Kunai would have had the same outcome in this fight and chapter. In fact (at least in the mangapanda translation), a fodder shinobi alliance even EXPLICITLY states how useless the Rookie 9's attacks are, since the Juubi Jrs. are just multiplying.

Anywho, enough negative nancying: I loved seeing Sasuke and Naruto still maintaining their rivalry; hell, neither have seen the others BIG guns... Competitive Shikamaru is hilarious, and that team attack they were pulling off was killer. Also, Kiba's Cerberus was beast...literally! Hate that all it did was spin though; those dogs in general need something else to do. Hinata...eh, Hinata could've stayed home. Sai SHOULD have stayed home. And TenTen and Lee apparently DID stay home ':-/

Anyway, love the awesome techniques and everyone having a moment of shine. Just wish it was filling some purpose to the story, and not just fanservice.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.