• l3l Good

3 33.33%
  • l2l Bad

2 22.22%
  • l1l Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    @Shock,

I don't know for sure why they need all that water, but if they are tempering a Zanpakutou, and if the size of the Zanpakuto of a Captain class Shinigami is as big as Skyscrapers, then, they be needing A WHOLE BUNCH of HOT SPIRIT STEEL, for Ichigo's Gigantonoumous Zanpakutou, YES?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I wonder if Ichigo will have a reforged Zangetsu i.e. a different or new Zangetsu or a completley different Zan altogether, but then that would open up the door to new abilities and such. But still I don't want him to lose his signature Tensa Zangetsu.

It's not like Ichigo is going to lose GT (since he already learned how to use it without his zan), nor FGT (seems to be a standard set in their family line, regardless from which one).

It's a little sad that we might no longer get to see Oldman Zangetsu, Hichigo, or Tensa Zangetsu... perhaps from now they will simply be inseparable as Fusion Zangetsu ? Nah, that's probably not it.

It was confirmed by Kubo (before this arc) that Renji would get a new Bankai, but I though he meant a new look or a new form, not a completely new one and the same thing awaits Ichigo, damn.

I wonder how Grimjow's new Resurrection looks like, since IIRC, those change in accordance to gaining more power, or something ? Maybe he did gain the second level (still not confirmed if being like a bankai or only for Ulq).

I'm wondering if Rukia's Bankai is perhaps going to be similar to Ichigo's, but with a white dress ? Then again, forming a gigantic lake on which she performs her battle dance would be pretty epic in itself... yep, it would be more akin to Byakuya's second form/stage ?

Hisagi's Bankai will probably be a giant scythe with warp abilities, or, well it's hard to say since it looks more like physical zan rather than elemental one (then again Kensei's is a fusion of wind elemental with physical one).

Soi Fon should learn the complete Shunko from Yoruichi, or move it to an even higher level, otherwise she seems even more useless.

Somehow I get the feeling that Zaraki's zan will create a restricted field, that forces a 1 on 1 deathmatch.

We still haven't seen Matsumoto, so she might be really be recruiting Ishin now.

Momo is, hmmmm, I wonder if she will end up breaking Aizen out of prison ?

not everyone's Bankai has something to do with its shikai powers.

Zangetsu's bankai form was a type Ichigo mainly wore, where the shikai just looked like a guardless oversized pig-poker
    Soifon's shikai was a finger needle, her bankai was an effing Nuke.
    Shiro's shikai fired ice blasts, but gave him ice wings and covered his sword arm in ice in bankai.

Rukia's zan being Ice based, might end up being more of an ice based version of her brothers.

Isshin's zan was Engetsu wasn't it? Wouldn'e be shocked in the slightest if Ichigo's new sword just replaces one letter in its name and ends up Zengetsu, with much of the same powers, only fire based like his fathers blade.

and as far as Zaraki, we STILL don't know the name of the blade and its been what, 3 months almost?
    come fight my brute here

Quote Originally Posted by Titokhan View Post
    not everyone's Bankai has something to do with its shikai powers.

Zangetsu's bankai form was a type Ichigo mainly wore, where the shikai just looked like a guardless oversized pig-poker
    Soifon's shikai was a finger needle, her bankai was an effing Nuke.
    Shiro's shikai fired ice blasts, but gave him ice wings and covered his sword arm in ice in bankai.

Rukia's zan being Ice based, might end up being more of an ice based version of her brothers.

Isshin's zan was Engetsu wasn't it? Wouldn'e be shocked in the slightest if Ichigo's new sword just replaces one letter in its name and ends up Zengetsu, with much of the same powers, only fire based like his fathers blade.

and as far as Zaraki, we STILL don't know the name of the blade and its been what, 3 months almost?
    From what was shown and what Bach said, there is no Zanpakutou were Shikai and Bankai had completely different powers.

Technically, Ichigo always wore his Shikai as well. That red thing that goes around his torso is also part of his Shikai. So his trait, to be clad in power, always existed. Beside, his Bankai does the same thing, but better, plus some additions (speed boost).

Soi Fon's Zanpakutou is mimicking a bug needle. Her Shikai mimics Wasp's or Hornet's sting, that hit multiple time in order to deliver lethal amount of poison/damage/death, while her Bankai works like a Bee sting/needle and thus is a one-shot thing, but contains much more power.

Hitsugaya's Zanpakutou always controlled ice and manipulated weather, his bankai simply added an ice armor for additional protection (remember, even if shikai and bankai have the same powers, the full release tends to have some other bonuses).

I expect that a certain stage will exist, kukukuku.

It would be strange if Ichigo was to suddenly gain an elemental power, when neither his sword nor his reiatsu showcased an elemental trait (like in Hitsugaya's and Yamamoto's case).
    Beside, in reality Engetsu and Zangetsu are totally different:
    - Zangetsu(shikai) - energy blast/slash shooter,
    - Engetsu(shikai) - a sword clad in flames, that can be enhanced by pouring the user's blood on it (pretty awesome ;D), for now that is all his shikai does (he can fire GT from his Asauchi, but it seems that it might not be associated with his Shikai).
    In short, Ichigo will still be clad in his power and be able to fire energy beams/slashes, but it might no longer be a sword. Perhaps his bankai will be a Shinigami Mask, that once he puts on, sprouts out a black cloak/mantle from which he can create energy getsuga weapons like mugetsu or something like that .

Seriously, Ishin's Zanpakutou bases on his inborn fire trait, while Ichigo's Zanpakutou bases on his Hollow - Quincy trait (both of them tend to specialize or at least have a special energy blast and it is clearly showed, especially in his black bankai GT).

It's hard to say what Zaraki's Zan could or can do. Sure, he used it as a normal sword, but it was also shown that he can make wind slashes with it (though this seems to be a standard Sword Technique that all Shinigami can use - an advanced form of it might very well be GT).

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Zangetsu's main technique seems to me to be a little more than Engetsu with a Quincy twist. Meaning, Ichigo can shoot the energy unleashed by his blade, while Isshin's energy stays attached to his blade, and is more based on fire of course. It's an awesome deviation considering Ichigo's connection, through his mother, to the pure Quincy lineage. The hollow infection that seemed to have been assimilated into Ichigo's being is revealed through his bankai's black reitsu. Nice tying together by Kubo.

This will be Ichigo's first and real Zanpaktou, I can't wait! Also, in my opinion, Ichigo shouldn't gain any more Quincy abilities other than full controlover his Blut Vene technique, since this technique precisely was his mother's specialty; and will prove most useful in his coming fights without him being too overpowered.

I don't understand the comment about Uryuu's holy arrows expected to be stronger than Kirge's holy arrows. Isn't Kirge a pure quincy? And Uryuu a mixed quincy? Or is the pure Ishida blood running through his veins that powerful? And if so, imagine how gifted the quincy child birthed from the union of Ichigo's mother and Ryuuken, would have been!?

Does Bach has the ability to purify Uryuu of whatever taint his blood carries, thereby giving him a much needed power-up to be able to hold his own against Ichigo in this war or whoever else he needs to fight? The title "prince of the light" seems to be alluding to Uryuu, and alludes to being a title worthy of a powerful soldier in Bach's army; he himself being the king/emperor of light.

I'm glad to see that the Vizards still have access to their hollow abilities! This will prove to be useful.

I hope Bach has more dangerous depth to his army, considering he only really killed one captain, despite him being the head commander, and a bunch of fodder shinigami. Bach has the recovering and training remnant of what he left alive in soul society, and squad zero to still defeat. Hopefully he has another even more elite group of fighters, the "royalties of light" or something, since the sternritters have rather outlandish abilities, of which I believe points to their taint, probably inherited from some past hollow infection in their lineage. Then again, imagine if they were all to go into their holy angel forms at the same time. Still, I don't like their fodder hollow like abilities, and hope they're mixed quincies rather than pure, which Bach found their abilities to be useful in a war, thereby letting them live.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif

It wasn't really explained what is the difference between a pure and impure Quincy, but from what Ishin said, it seems to fall under Yhwach's perception of who to him is pure or not. So, it might be as simple as the difference in strength, or perhaps the impure ones are descendants of a Quincy and a normal Human, while pure ones are descendants of Quincy and Pure/Impure/Spiritually strong beings (this would mean that both Uryu and Ichigo are pure Quincy). It's also possible that pure Quincy are descendants of Yhwach, while the impure ones are from families that at one point in time learned Quincy abilities, but have no blood relation to the emperor (the arrancar quincy would have been an example of that).

Let's not forget the fact that when Grand Fisher learned that Ichgio's father was a Shinigami, he called Ichigo a pure Shinigami, even though only one of his parents was a Shinigami.

Opie's mention about the fact that Uryu's Holly Arrows should be stronger, might mean that Uryu was already undergoing their training (and it does seem that way) and he have heard that he is higher ranked than him, or he knows about it from the reports that Uryu's Arrows destroyed a Bankai, something that most Quincy are supposedly unable to do (the whole point of stealing bankais, since most Quincy are unable to destroy them, the only known ones of such capabilities are: Uryu, Hashwald, Yhwachs and it still probably depends on other circumstances).

Basically, Quincy styles are also categorized in similar fashion to Shinigami's, those are:
    - Cross Weapons - all of their weapons have a connected Quincy Cross or it being engraved on it, which acts as a gathering spot for energy and spirit particles (it's worth mentioning that Don Kanounji's powers work on the same basis, since it was shown that energy and particles are gathered around his necklace before he casts the cannonball),
    - Holly Arrows - a capability to condense power and particles in the shape of an arrow and shoot at an enemy, each of the SR seems to posses a special one/technique based on it (basically a Cero of the Quincy),
    - Holy Hymns - basically the magic of the Quincy, it was shown and mentioned that they have defensive and healing spells,
    - Blood Arts and Special Powers - it was mentioned that pure Quincy have an inborn capability to use Blood Arts, but the impure ones can still learn it; final and complete mods also fall into this category.

Notable users:
    - Cross Weapons: Hashwald - was capable of cutting through a condensed bankai with a single slash,
    - Holly Arrows: Uryu - was able of condensing energies and particles to the extremes in a form of a thin arrow that was able to easily destroy a bankai (in difference to Opie's whose was big and easily shattered because his skill wasn't as good as Uryu's),
    - Holy Hymn: Bach&Fach - proved to be able to utilize the strongest defensive spell,
    - Blood Arts and Special Powers: Opie - even Bankai Ichigo couldn't overcome his special jail ability by power alone.

It's worth mentioning that one doesn't need a Cross to create and throw arrows, but a Cross is still needed to create strong Weapons.

It's also worth mentioning that Quincy's rank is shown from his/her Quincy cross:
    - the Quincy Cross (5 arms) - mastery of the Quincy techniques to an advanced degree - around the level of seated members of the Gotei,
    - the Quincy Cross with Circle over it - prove of one learning all known Quincy techniques from previous generation - they are around a Captain Class level (Opie and likely all members of the SR, as well as Ryuken, have those).

There might be more, but it's hard to say looking only at Uryu, but in that case it might have been like this:
    - normal cross - beginner level ?
    - normal cross with circle - completed beginner level ?
    - web shaped cross - semi-advanced level ?
    - Quincy Cross - advanced/professional level ?
    - Quincy Cross with circle - completed advanced/professional level ?
    - Star within a Circle - Emperor rank ?

Btw, I just checked the raw to see the original kanji of the old dog lord. Komamura calls him "大爺様". 大 means big/great/large, and 爺様 means grandfather, so all of it would translate into "great grandfather" or someting along the way.