6 33.33%
  • Average

4 22.22%
  • Bad

2 11.11%
  • Terrible

1 5.56%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I think it may be a fair guess Tsunade learned that seal from her grandmother who helped train her.

- You don't that seal to do the chakra enhanced strength jsutu which Sakrua has been using since the time skip. Tsunade herself probably did the same when she was younger.

- The big difference is with the seal the amount of power pushed into the attack is increased exponentially.

Also I wonder if the Kyuubi chakra Naruto gave her helped fill the seal.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

I'd be inclined to agree POW. Especially given the fact that Naruto was able to customize each cloak to the individual person. If anything, it probably sped up the process by quite a bit.
    come fight my brute here

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    I fear that Naruto, as a manga, is sacrificing its story in the interest of having huge set-pieces and nostalgic moments, no matter how forced. So yes, the four previous hokages in action is awesome. Team 7 fighting together--EQUALLY for the first time in the manga--is awesome. Making progress against the Juubi is awesome...ish.

But what happened to "Tobi's" interest in Sasuke? Making him fight Naruto? Madara's goal of moon's eye plan, and not just his Hashirama fetish? What happened to Sasuke having his own motives and moving down his own path, however twisted? Naruto's plan to "save" him? What about the efforts of the current kages? Why have them survive at all if the prior hokages have moved in and completely stolen their thunder anyway? What happened to Shikaku's final plan, the one that he gave his life transmitting? Was it really as completely ineffective as it seems? Why did Tobi want to "sync" Sasuke to the Gedo in the first place? Why is Orochimaru back for the THIRD FREAKING TIME? What happened to Obito's resolve that saw him take over an entire villiage, casually wage war against the entire ninja world, scheme against and murder countless shinobi? Why has he resigned himself to seeking a Talk-no-Jutsu to the face? Why was his character brought back in the first place--so far, it has added not a single thing new or noteworthy to the ongoing story?

I'm gonna stop there, but you get the point. Every one of those questions that I typed out right there has been so far glossed over or thrown out in favor of fan-service and this damn Juubi thing. Am I the only one who misses the story?

Seriously though: Why has Samehada been completely written out of the story, when it could've been used to such great effect to neutralize the edo tensei'd beast hosts so many chapters ago? At the very least, Bee could've instructed it to help out Kakashi and Guy for awhile, and it stealing the hosts chakra and continuously giving it to them (by changing hands repeatedly) could have easily covered the plot hole of non-kage level Kakashi and Guy holding their own against fully bijuu-mode'd hosts :-/
    - I understand what your saying and do share some of the same concerns but on the Sauske part I don't think he is "saved" just yet. Remember what happened with Madara he joined Hahsirama for awhile then changed his mind after he felt he wasn't respected by anyone in the village. The same could happen to Sasuke when Naruto is chosen and he looses his faith in changing the ninja system by becoming Hokage.

- Madara's long term goal is the eye of the moon but he also has a strong rivalry with Hashirama this is a theme that is seen throughout the manga. These rivalries invoke strong passion and is in part what drives them to improve. Madara goal isn ot just the eye of the moon but proving his way superior to Hashirama so now that he has been revived of course he wants to settle the score. Madara is now stronger than he was in his prime he wants to test his mettle against the strongest opponent possible and in his mind that is Hashirama.

- The defeat of the current Kages is obviously to show just how strong Madara is that even 5 S-class shinobi can not stop him. The current Kages strength doesn't match the previous 4 Kages this is what is being relayed.

- Well I would have preferred if Tobi was Madara's younger brother out for vengeance but we are stuck with Obito. I get the feeling Obito may not turn back until right before his death where he may regret just a little. Sealing the Jyuubi may turn out to be good thing for hi mas he can just come back and steal it and teleport somewhere no one knows and seal it in himself.

I think Obito will be overtaken by the Jyuubi as a Jinchuuriki and only then will he realize he choose the wrong path.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Wow, this chapter was just total deflation. Still not impressed by Sakura and she's delusional if she thinks she's on the level of Naruto or Sasuke. Sad shit, brah.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

I think Sakura is going to be pivital in this arc, shes the only one who could really damage the Juubi big time, huge physical damage to a gigantic monster with her monster strength. The others are strong but what is a chakra based attack going to do to a chakra monster?

Also how are the 3 of them at a Kage's strength and talking about being the Hokage yet only Sasuke knows 2 elements, Naruto only 1 and Sakura non lol, She needs to get off her ass and learn some water or earth moves, would exponentially help her out especially with her chakra control.

So Minato zapped away a unstoppable attack like it was nothing, Hashirama did sage mode helped set up the strongest barrier we ever saw and while using all his strength to hold the barrier up had the power to make 5 wood clones of himself, Hiraizen didn't do squat yet (at least nothing spectacular by himself), and neither did Tobirama, I want to see something amazing from each of them, something only they could do.

Either way good chapter to help set up next week. Im hoping the other teams are going to be of some use in there lol. If you thought Sakura was useless imagine Hinata in there haha what is she going to do??? Pressure point a 50 story monster?!?

I think we are being set up for Naruto's biggest and gayest rasengan yet, a Konoha rookie friendship rasengan of love, kinda like Sailor moon but with 4 more lezbos.
    A pie in the sky?

I don't think Sakura's feeling that she's finally able to fight alongside Naruto and Sasuke ("caught up to them") means she actually believes she herself is as powerful... she's obviously seen Naruto and all he's done against the Juubi, and knows they'd all be long dead if he hadn't protected / strengthened them.

It's more like how Hinata said that next time, when she caught up to Naruto, she'd be walking with him, not after him. It's the same thing; Sakura wants to be acknowledged as someone who can stand beside Naruto / Sasuke in battle, not be a weakling who needs to be protected and can only be useful by healing after the fighting is done.

I liked this moment for Sakura... it's too little, too late after Kishi has forgotten about her for all these years, since Hashirama has gotten more relevant screen time than her (even BEFORE he was revived), but this chapter did a lot to remind me about why I used to like her character in the series (at the start of Part 2 up until the first meeting with Sasuke).

As for why Madara is content to sit back and wait while all the strongest shinobi take down his Juubi, I think Madara realizes it's all futile... in the end, once it transforms to its final stage, it'll be beyond any barrier. Only Naruto's Nine Names can do anything to it at this point, and both the Juubi and Madara understand that. This is all just forestalling; first the Kyuubi Cloaks pressured the Juubi to start transforming, then those failed and the Hokages arrived to save the day, but the Juubi still has more powering-up to do.

Now, as to why Madara didn't wipe out the alliance before, I can't say... he's always liked toying with opponents for as long as possible. However, at this point, he is vulnerable to the strength of the Shinobi Alliance. Where before it was just Naruto (who is a few tiers below Madara in power), now he'd probably be defeated... this best thing for him is to sit back and let the Juubi do what it wants until Obito (hopefully) revives him. Since matters are so far out of Madara's hands, all he really cares about is fighting Hashirama to entertain himself.

And if the Juubi DOES destroy the Alliance, it's not as if anyone would be around to seal Edo Madara.. so either way, there's no real incentive for him to fight just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    I fear that Naruto, as a manga, is sacrificing its story in the interest of having huge set-pieces and nostalgic moments, no matter how forced. So yes, the four previous hokages in action is awesome. Team 7 fighting together--EQUALLY for the first time in the manga--is awesome. Making progress against the Juubi is awesome...ish.

But what happened to "Tobi's" interest in Sasuke? Making him fight Naruto? Madara's goal of moon's eye plan, and not just his Hashirama fetish? What happened to Sasuke having his own motives and moving down his own path, however twisted? Naruto's plan to "save" him? What about the efforts of the current kages? Why have them survive at all if the prior hokages have moved in and completely stolen their thunder anyway? What happened to Shikaku's final plan, the one that he gave his life transmitting? Was it really as completely ineffective as it seems? Why did Tobi want to "sync" Sasuke to the Gedo in the first place? Why is Orochimaru back for the THIRD FREAKING TIME? What happened to Obito's resolve that saw him take over an entire villiage, casually wage war against the entire ninja world, scheme against and murder countless shinobi? Why has he resigned himself to seeking a Talk-no-Jutsu to the face? Why was his character brought back in the first place--so far, it has added not a single thing new or noteworthy to the ongoing story?

I'm gonna stop there, but you get the point. Every one of those questions that I typed out right there has been so far glossed over or thrown out in favor of fan-service and this damn Juubi thing. Am I the only one who misses the story?

Seriously though: Why has Samehada been completely written out of the story, when it could've been used to such great effect to neutralize the edo tensei'd beast hosts so many chapters ago? At the very least, Bee could've instructed it to help out Kakashi and Guy for awhile, and it stealing the hosts chakra and continuously giving it to them (by changing hands repeatedly) could have easily covered the plot hole of non-kage level Kakashi and Guy holding their own against fully bijuu-mode'd hosts :-/
    My thoughts exactly, man. That's the reason I kinda hope Naruto isn't rushing towards its end. But it looks that way, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I don't think Sakura's feeling that she's finally able to fight alongside Naruto and Sasuke ("caught up to them") means she actually believes she herself is as powerful... she's obviously seen Naruto and all he's done against the Juubi, and knows they'd all be long dead if he hadn't protected / strengthened them.
    The way I understood it, Sakura isn't exactly more powerful now. She only had to store chakra in her seal, so that she couldn't use all her chakra in battle. We are yet to see whether she has more up her sleeve. In any case, I don't think I will ever see my beloved slug-sage. It's truly a shame...

Ok, so after some free time (exams man) I think Sasuke has really changed. Naruto went into his S06P mode and he sensed nothing from Sasuke. Now, he probably wasn't even looking around with the intention of sensing people, but given the range of the ability to naturally sense, its safe to say that if Sasuke was hiding his intentions in order to betray Naruto at a future date, he'd know.

Couple of thoughts that I had after reading this chapter:

1. If Sakura has the seal, then it's possible that she can use the Creation Rebirth technique, and the Strength of a Hundred technique that Tsunade uses. If that's true, then I'd say she could hold her own against Sasuke and Naruto, especially if you consider the fact that she's not wasting a lot of chakra keeping herself looking young.

2. I think Sasuke's conversion is real. If you think about it, Sasuke was shown the truth about what happened, and he's already killed the person responsible for wiping out the Uchiha. Itachi showed Sasuke that the village was not his enemy. By itself that wouldn't have been enough, but then Hashirama was able to show Sasuke why the village was worth so much sacrifice. In a sense, it was better that Hashirama explained since there was no emotional baggage between the two of them to get in the way of understanding.

3. Everyone wants to be Hokage now, because everyone is willing to put their life on the line to protect the Leaf village, which is the ultimate responsibility of the Hokage.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    Couple of thoughts that I had after reading this chapter:

1. If Sakura has the seal, then it's possible that she can use the Creation Rebirth technique, and the Strength of a Hundred technique that Tsunade uses. If that's true, then I'd say she could hold her own against Sasuke and Naruto, especially if you consider the fact that she's not wasting a lot of chakra keeping herself looking young.

2. I think Sasuke's conversion is real. If you think about it, Sasuke was shown the truth about what happened, and he's already killed the person responsible for wiping out the Uchiha. Itachi showed Sasuke that the village was not his enemy. By itself that wouldn't have been enough, but then Hashirama was able to show Sasuke why the village was worth so much sacrifice. In a sense, it was better that Hashirama explained since there was no emotional baggage between the two of them to get in the way of understanding.

3. Everyone wants to be Hokage now, because everyone is willing to put their life on the line to protect the Leaf village, which is the ultimate responsibility of the Hokage.
    1. Even if Sakura is able to use all of Tsunade's techniques, she's still far, FAR below Naruto and Sasuke's level, because they're each many times stronger than Tsunade. Tsunade was weaker than Sage Mode Naruto / MS Sasuke... now that Naruto has full Bijuu Mode (and Sage Mode clones), and Sasuke has the EMS (and the heightened chakra + stamina that apparently come with it), I doubt Sakura will ever approach their level of power. Not to mention she's not a Senju/Uzumaki descendant, so even if she's not "wasting" her stored power to stay young (which I doubt is that much of a burden on Tsunade's techniques), Sakura herself is physically weaker.

2. My take on Sasuke:

Sasuke doesn't love the village. He loves his brother, and wants to honor his brother's memory, but that doesn't mean he's the right person to LEAD the village. His desire to become Hokage stems from a desire to control the village, and make sure it can never harm those like him again... he blames the actions of the previous Hokages for the current situation rather than blaming Madara, who was responsible for perpetuating hatred for many decades while the Hokages were stuck trying to clean up his mess and create some peace and order in a world plagued by Madara's chaos.

The Hokage can't be someone who hates and distrusts the very villagers the Hokage is sworn to protect. Sasuke's level of paranoia would probably only lead to further distrust; look at what happened when people like Danzou/Hanzou held power. And the fact that Sasuke was able to so easily break his ties to the village for his own selfish reasons, and doesn't even see a reason to apologize, speaks volumes about his "change of heart" towards Konoha... he's simply changed the nature of his hatred and abandonment of the village.

Naruto may have initially wanted to become Hokage for recognition, which he's received, but along the way he's constantly risked his life for the village. He empathizes with his fellow Shinobi, even when they've wronged him, and he applies this perspective to everyone, not just citizens of Konoha or the people he cares about personally. Sasuke, on the other hand, only cares about himself and whatever he sets his eyes on (Itachi, Revenge, Power).

Sasuke's current mindset is a few steps better than destroying the village, but he's far from an appropriate choice to become Hokage. The Hokage has to care about others, and also needs to trust others to support them. Sasuke is like every other villain in this series: he trusts only himself, and believes he alone has the answers. He focuses only on how the world has wronged him and believes that gives him the right to change it by any means possible. He isn't willing to work to earn the trust of the people of Konoha; he believes he already deserves the role of Hokage as a victim of Konoha.

Sasuke still has issues, and Naruto knows this. Sasuke has finally come to terms with what Itachi did and why he did it, but Sasuke has yet to confront all of his own inner darkness, which he's allowed to grow out of control for so long... until he manages to learn to forgive and understand, as Naruto has, Sasuke won't be the right person to protect/change Konoha.

Now, it's obvious Sasuke isn't planning on stabbing Naruto in the back or taking Madara's side, but Sasuke probably realized Madara was the main enemy as soon as Kabuto explained the premise of the war to him (a fact that was downplayed in one lackluster panel...). Once the war is over and Sasuke wants to become Hokage, however... let's see how smoothly things go.