View Poll Results: Rate this chapter.

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • l5l Excellent

    5 55.56%
  • l4l Great

    3 33.33%
  • l3l Good

    1 11.11%
  • l2l Bad

    0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

    0 0%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66
  1. #21
    Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Posts
    505
    i dont think I can say anything different than has already been said. The best part was all of the asauchis bowing to him like he was the soul king or something.

    I have a feeling that Toushiro is about to become a kick a$$ swordsman. Although, it would've made more sense if he was trained by Shunsui or.....Unohona (she's not dead)

    Respect for Kensei! Where is my boy Shinji? More importantly, how do you steal bankai's like Shinji's and Aizen's? They control the sense without you even knowing.
    FOOLS!!!!!


    Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

  2. #22
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    Ok so if Komamura is a direct descendant of that old Wolf, does that mean that he was a child that learned to walk and talk like a human, or does it mean that some of is ancestors banged the old wolf and a cross species was formed thats part wolf, part human?

    Also, based on the scars and the apparent age of the wolf, we can assume that he could be linked to Yama. Possibly in the old days.
    Well, I already mentioned that the other possibility is Lycanthropy, which would mean that Komamura might have been once a human, but committed a crime and was cursed. Thus his coming back would also have been impudent.

    The Big Dog was in a cave-like shrine and the entrance was stacked up with stones, which would suggest that the Wolf King was imprisoned there.

    We have also take into consideration that Aizen was not the first person that was experimenting with Hollowification of Shinigami, but was the one that continued after they have ended in failure and were forbidden. The Big Dog might be an example of incomplete research. One of his eyes is like how Ichigo's was after using his mask on Released Yami.

    Not to mention that we already had Bat/Vampire-like Existence in the form of Ulq somewhat, so having now a Werewolf wouldn't be so shocking.



  3. #23
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,036
    Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    Ok so if Komamura is a direct descendant of that old Wolf, does that mean that he was a child that learned to walk and talk like a human, or does it mean that some of is ancestors banged the old wolf and a cross species was formed thats part wolf, part human?

    Also, based on the scars and the apparent age of the wolf, we can assume that he could be linked to Yama. Possibly in the old days.
    Haha thats what I was thinking too, what old lady is out there banging dogs and wolves?!? I hope this old wolf teaches Komamura how to have some balls and stop being such a pussy. He needs to learn to cut loose and become the animal part of him and stop being such a stuck up prissy prick all the time. Always about being noble and responsible etc. Kyouraku was right, war is war, the winner is the one whose still standing, there is no honor in it just live or die.

    Also awesome chapter to say the least! Im surprised about Histugaya, I think hes being a little too hard on himself and he needs to man up a little, he does rely on his Bankai way too much (like Ichigo) and hes also a kid so he gets emotionally taken advantage of, so I hope this works out for him, and I hope this instructor is some kind of old pro who can help him get his confidence back and make him into a Kenpachi!

    And Shuuhei also needs to stop being such a pussy. Your a Death God! start acting like one! Stop being so affraid of your own power and start owning it. Hes probably got some amazing bankai and shikai powers but because hes such a wuss about it he won't bring out all its potential which is a total waste. Kensei is a way better captain and trainer for Shuhei than Tousen was.

    I can't wait to see the others and their new strengths, we need to see how powerful they are in full combat use-it-or-loose-it mode.

    Absolutely think this chapter was on par with Naruto this week, can't wait for next week!
    A pie in the sky?

  4. #24
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,950
    I don't get it. So Ichigo learnt about his Mother, What has that got to do with the Asauchi accepting him, he is still the same guy, 1/3 Quincy, 1/3 Hollow, 1/3 Shinigami, as before. Absolutely nothing changed about him.

    Also, how did he manifest Zangetsu before without an Asauchi? This Chapter makes no sense, in terms of Ichigo's development....It tells us absolutely Nothing.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  5. #25
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,036
    I think the asauchi thing was more about Ichigo accepting himself and all of himself, and then not trying to control or overpower his hollow side, he accepted it all which meant he accepted his asauchi, they all got on the same page and he reached out his hand to show them he took them for equals and not as superior. I feel like once he just learns to say "hey! im hollow, shinigami and quincy" and not try to deny certain parts of himself, he wont have so many problems with losing out to the hollow part of him and be able to use his mask for longer.

    I want him to have a quincy mask lol
    A pie in the sky?

  6. #26
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I think the asauchi thing was more about Ichigo accepting himself and all of himself, and then not trying to control or overpower his hollow side, he accepted it all which meant he accepted his asauchi, they all got on the same page and he reached out his hand to show them he took them for equals and not as superior. I feel like once he just learns to say "hey! im hollow, shinigami and quincy" and not try to deny certain parts of himself, he wont have so many problems with losing out to the hollow part of him and be able to use his mask for longer.

    I want him to have a quincy mask lol
    Okay I'll accept your explanation for a bit, but it still begs the questin of How Ichigo manifested a Zanpakutou in the first place (sans Asauchi), and if he did so befotre, why can't he do so again? WHy does he need any of this Asauchi business. I would rather have preferred that Ichigo be far above normal shinigami rules.

    Now some might say that Ichigo's original Zangetsu came from Rukia, but if so then how come Rukia still had her own sword all along? Bottom line is that Ichigo's Ultimate form was In his Final Getsuga Tenshou mode, in that state he could toy with HGQ Aizen..Ichigo was DA BOMB...and he did all that without having or needing an Asauchi. So how will an Asauchi be compatible with him becoming One with Zangetsu in the future (just like he was at FGT mode)?

    I hope Kubo has some good ideas that cover all these thought very well.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  7. #27
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Okay I'll accept your explanation for a bit, but it still begs the questin of How Ichigo manifested a Zanpakutou in the first place (sans Asauchi), and if he did so befotre, why can't he do so again? WHy does he need any of this Asauchi business. I would rather have preferred that Ichigo be far above normal shinigami rules.
    The entire point of the Asauchi undertaking was that he did not create his zanpakutou properly the first time around.

    Honestly, I don't think it matters anymore HOW he got his first zanpakutou. Its just lore at best. There are several possible explanations for it that IMHO will just be a waste of time for Kubo to dwell upon.

  8. #28
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,950
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    The entire point of the Asauchi undertaking was that he did not create his zanpakutou properly the first time around.

    Honestly, I don't think it matters anymore HOW he got his first zanpakutou. Its just lore at best. There are several possible explanations for it that IMHO will just be a waste of time for Kubo to dwell upon.
    Brother Kurohikari I would not be making as much fuss but for these pages, if these pages are not just hyperbolie then it should imply something worth a follow up..Question is how is it even possible given these pages.....

    Spoiler!


    I dislike hype, but I love Mysteries.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  9. #29
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Brother Kurohikari I would not be making as much fuss but for these pages, if these pages are not just hyperbolie then it should imply something worth a follow up..Question is how is it even possible given these pages.....

    Spoiler!


    I dislike hype, but I love Mysteries.
    What those pages imply is that Ichigo didn't get his zanpakutou properly. It's done that job, and now Ichigo is getting his proper zanpakutou.

    It'd be nice if we got a fleeting explanation of how Ichigo was able to do that, but that's really the smallest of Kubo's worries and is absolutely unnecessary for the plot to develop.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,036
    I believe he never had an asauchi all this time, he just had such a massive amount of reiatsu his spirit energy manifested a sword for him, like his inner shinigami thought that the best way to show his power without an asauchi would be to just create one for him kinda. When he went FGT he merged with it, reabsorbed his awakened soul/power/reiatsu or whatever it was and became a fully realized shinigami (his absolute peak, kinda like Uryuu and his final form). He used it like a massive power up and "build too big a flame within himself that he burned out all his reiatsu and lost if forever" or w/e the old quincy told Uryuu before he unlocked his seal braclet thing.

    Either way same deal as Uryuu, he lost his power and needed a jump start to his soul to get it generating reiatsu again, and there comes the spirit sword rukia stabbed him with.

    He then again materialized his own sword, but this time he did it the fullbringer way, still no asauchi.

    Broke his sword.

    Now hes going to do it the strongest/best/original/safest way or whatever, and have afro forge him an asauchi he can use to pour his reiatsu into and make into his "real" zanpakuto, probably an all new Shikai and Bankai look now and probably a lot stronger.

    Its kinda like Naruto, forming a wind blade with just your chakra or using chakra blades to channel it into and make a strong powerful wind blade.

    Either way hes getting one now, and I CANNOT wait to see it! so excited!!
    A pie in the sky?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •