Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thank you Shikimaru for being straight. Sasuke can't just waltz in here and say he's going to be hokage and expect every one to be good with it. THAT EGO

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    OOOKKKAAAYYY!!! I am stunned speachless. Where is my jaw that fell to the ground somewhere. I never saw this coming. Okay Cough cough!

I don't really like what I just read, it all felt too simplistic, too chiche'd. No complexity. I'll have to read this all over again.
    It was way too fast, with not enough time to build up and do justice to all these revelations... I mean, I guess Sasuke's "I'm going to be Hokage" is the catch we were all looking for in his decision to become a Good Guy so easily; that much I like. However, the presentation was off... it needed a much more dramatic page, and perhaps some reaction from Madara.

Also, Minato having the Kyuubi Chakra Mode (not Bijuu Mode because he never tamed the Kyuubi, and probably can't with just his sealed Yin chakra) is cool and all, but I feel like it lowers Naruto's achievements. Naruto tamed the Kyuubi because of who he is and managed to gain a power that surpasses Minato's; it was due to his Uzumaki body and his personality. Minato has neither of those things going for him; if the Kyuubi wasn't currently tame inside Naruto, I doubt even EDO Minato could manage to enter a chakra mode safely. I really don't like this... Minato didn't need that much spotlight or a power-up, this is just goofy fanservice. He'd better give that chakra back to Naruto right now, hopefully after embarrassing himself with that dumb power he's got. At least it's not a perfect Bijuu Mode or I'd be mad, he's lucky he already has a cloak so he can pretend.

Overall I'm pleased, we'll get to see NARUTO VS SASUKE for certain now, and also see Sakura do something for once... only, if she had all this power, why has she been so dedicated to sitting back and healing? She let Pain walk all over Konoha, she did nothing for the entire war... I get that she could do a little to help, but suddenly hanging with Naruto and Sasuke after all this time is a bit crazy.

Overall, REALLY liked the chapter and where it's headed, but a lot didn't make sense. Hoping the girlfriend thing was a mistranslation, even if Minato is commenting on Sakura being similar to Kushina (which was obvious). Can't describe how glad I am that Sasuke's path still led him to face off with Naruto, and Naruto still has an ideological reason to fight with Sasuke (once upon a time he'd have pissed off the entire fanbase by willingly letting Sasuke take that spot if he wanted, if only to get Sasuke to come home).

Shiniobi of the Kage Clan odramek's Avatar
    Minato only took Kurama's power not his soul with him. No tag and war, chakra pulling battle. He just has pour chakra to pull from.
    But Sasuke wishing to become Hokage, WTF!!! I think Naruto knows that won't happen until he gains the villagers trust, which Naruto has already. Sasuke has a long way to go, perhaps he will become Hokage after Naruto or Konohamaru

Hey Guys,

I hate to be Johnny Raincloud here, but I am not that happy with the chapter. Of course it's great to see a jutsu only four Hokage-level-shinobi can perform. That's a rare sight. But putting the Juubi in his place still looks too easy. We'll see how that's gonna be. And a few things just don't add up.

To my knowledge, none of the four former Hokages knew the Rinnegan. At the very least, nobody knew, that Madara has it. And yet, Hashirama wasn't surprised at all. That's a bit off.

It might be great to see Minato in Kurama-Chakra-Mode. However, I don't see any reason why he should be able to do it. When he sealed Kurama in his own son, he didn't clone Kurama and end up with two Kurama who are half their original size. He took half his chakra (Yin) and sealed it in the death god. Minato never integrated Kurama's chakra, as Sarutobi never absorbed Oro's arms. You might argue that Minato sealed Kurama's Yin-chakra within himself, but if that were the case: Why did he have to call the death-god in the first place? And if - by some weird explanation - Minato sealed Kurama's Yin-chakra within himself, and only sealed himself within the death god just for good measure, didn't Obito and Madara clearly establish, that Edos cannot be Jinchurikis? I know, Minato only took the chakra, not the mind and body, but still. It hella looks like plot-no-jutsu to me. But I think it's a good guess, that this chakra might be his present to his son: the second half of Kurama's chakra.

Theoretically though, Madara should be doomed. Naruto, four Hogages, Sasuke, and Bee. That really should be enough. But then again, we know how the other five Kages ended.

Anyway, the seal the four Hokages performed clearly resembles to the one Naruto performed on Kurama after he tamed him. If Hashirama was able to do that, why the hell did they torture Kurama like they did when they sealed him in Kushina:

Spoiler!

I always thought that it's a horrible seal, and I would be pissed too, if I were, well, fixated like that.

I always thought that Sasuke isn't the brightest puppet in the toy-box, but seriously: "Hey there, I know you don't like me, but I want you to vote for me as your Hokage." That's a good one. I think Kishi just wanted to show us Team 7, back again. Maybe it's just me, but I am extremely curious, what Sakura is going to come up with. Next to Sasuke with EMS and Naruto in Rikudou-Mode, a few iron fists and healing a few wound is not gonna cut it. I still hope it's something great. Maybe she really is a sage.

P.S.: I had to laugh out loud, when Kurama and Minato were staring at each other.

I agree on the Minato chakra cloak thing. It just seems like a fan service more than anything. Why would Minato even need to pull out that chakra cloak in the first place? Seems like it was just for show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bones View Post
    I agree on the Minato chakra cloak thing. It just seems like a fan service more than anything. Why would Minato even need to pull out that chakra cloak in the first place? Seems like it was just for show.
    I'm guessing Minato's current stolen chakra is a loophole in the "Edo's can't be a Jinchuuriki" thing... really just irritates me. Watch, he'll have perfect manipulation of his chakra arms/legs with no training. And he'll watch Naruto perform a Rasenshuriken and be like "Cool move, but I can think of a few things to make it better" and use it flawlessly. And then Minato create a field of Kagebunshins and have them all enter his (superior) Sage Mode.

Fuck Minato.

Mangastream-Version is out:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/94426240/1

Shiniobi of the Kage Clan odramek's Avatar
    Remember the Gold and Silver brothers were able to use Kurama's chakra, because they absorbed his chakra when they ate his stomach meat. I don't find what Minato can do dumb or unbelievable.

It was such a fan service but... it felt too rushed.

Madara's focus and Sasuke's change of heart (yes, even with that long flashback with the First) weren't played that good.

In any case, good chapter.

Let me Offer Kishimoto a plausible way out of the Jinchuuriki dilema. Minato must have used the Death God seal as a stand in for the Jinchuuriki seal. This all happened before he died. So now that he is an Edo Zombie the seal continues to be active.

It implies that someone who was not a Jinchuuriki before the died cannot become one if resurrected as an Edo Zombie. However if they were formerly a Jinchuuriki, and if a Portion of the Tailled beast was inside them at the time of death, that person would retain the Jinchuuriki status if resurrected as an Edo.

Madara who was revived as a non Jinchuuriki cannot be made a Jinchuuriki as an Edo Zombie, unlike Minato.

I agree with the person who said that Minato does not have a second Kurama inside him (not Kurama's will at least), so Minato can access the Yin chakra without a struggle from the Yin. OTOH even if the Yin chakra could suck up Minato's chakra, remember that Edos Have unlimited chakra anyhow, so there is no repercussion from using the Yin Kyuubi chakra to its fullest.

Yeah I still feel the chapter was rushed, and that Kishimot is leaving out the complexities in order to race to the conclusion.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !