Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I agree with this view; style is critical. If Madara suddenly revealed his hidden Mangekyou power to be Kamui, I'd be very upset. To me, this revelation that Minato can freely wield the Kyuubi's Yin chakra is hardly better, from a stylistic perspective.
    totally agree..

Also, I don't buy the notion that Minato somehow made peace with the Kyuubi in the belly of the Death God... the Hokages have shown no memory of anything taking place in the Death God's belly. Hashirama had no idea who Minato was, and thought that Minato and Hiruzen had been sealed together (despite being present when Hiruzen sealed himself / Hashirama / Tobirama).
    This is true; none of the top tier kages had any knownledge of Minato.. can't believe that his belly is that huge, right ;p

To me, the ambiguous "Even Minato...!" meant, "Even Minato is able to use my power, despite not being my Jinchuuriki?! How can this be?"
    Exact the same way how I saw it..

If Minato truly befriended the Kyuubi, and performed the EXACT same feat as Naruto, then Naruto has just lost his entire character, and Minato fanboys can rejoice in the fact that Naruto will never surpass his father on ANY level.
    ^^^^ your quote above, is exactly what I'm fearing off!! Even if it's not, for Minato to go R- MODE wasn't needed for showcasing us that Minato could be close related to So6P etc.. Kishi could've done it differently.

Personally, I'm hoping Minato is absolutely blown away by Naruto's power, and says something like, "You've gone further than I'd ever imagined!" As a bonus, I'd like it to be confirmed that, were Minato not an Edo, maintaining Chakra Mode (or even containing the Kyuubi's chakra) would be extremely difficult for him. He seemed floored by the chakra when he first sealed it in himself, to me that suggests Minato does not have a Jinchuuriki-caliber body (or Sage Mode-caliber, for that matter).
    I agree.. this could soften the dissapointed what I'm feelin right now

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    The cloak isn't a godlike form. It's a rather weak one in comparison to high rank ninjas and kages. Minato by his age of death had completed struggles and battles in droves, exponentially more than naruto. The most impressive thing Naruto did was use minato's tools to imprison the chakra for use that creates that cloak.

The whole point of the cloak, and minato having it as well, is to allude to the so6p and who minato is. If you truly understood that then there would be no problem and the the mountain being made out of the mole hill that is that cloak would be removed.

That cloak was not uber, though while a milestone in naruto's struggle with the fox, was monumental for him because he is a block head and did not do it alone, but with minato's seal.

if you could wait, you will see why showing up in that form was appropriate, and sets the stage for minato to finally give you what you want, and acknowledge naruto for some something naruto does that minato can't. only special rikudou heirs get to wear that cloak.

its not like mangekyo, its more like susanoo, which we see madara, itachi, and sasuke wear to different degrees.
    Knife eater,.. dude, I'm not speaking about the " cloak " being a godlike thing,.. I said;

Minato alone is already " GODLIKE "
    .. what I meant was, without the R- Mode or cloak, Minato had already created a status of One of the Strongest/Genius Shinobi's ever lived, we ( as readers ) didn't needed to see him GO INTO that R- MODE.

- For Minato to go into that state, washed the epicness " WOW " factor away what I've felt when Naruto went R- MODE, that's all.

Important characters, especially the MAIN CHARACTER,.. need to show us someting unique, his own " signature ". Look at Rasengan; it started with Minato ->Jiraiya, Kakashi and Konohamaru can also perform it, but Naruto has improved to another level. A level which he alone can execute, example; Rasen- Wind shuriken. Naruto performing this advanced version, made that technique as a signature of his own. I hope you understand my drift now.. ( DBZ: Majin Vegeta.. awesome when he let himself take over, right?? HOW foolish would it be, if Goku did the same thing? The EPICNESS OF VEGETA, that moment when he fired up.. would be washed away, atleast; that's how I see it.

Characters like Naruto and Sasuke.. need their own style of Shinobi. Kiri ( lighting dragon ) is Sasuke style.. not Itachi's or any other lighting user, is Sasuke's!! So, I wasn't speaking of cloak being a godlike performance, Minato going into that state was IMO unnecessary and with all honesty --> washed the uniqueness away what I had when Naruto went into R- MODE.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

Actually, the Kyuubi was not all surprised that Minato could enter Kyuubi mode and expected no less. It was more an admiring "I didn't know you could do that" than a "You're not supposed to be able to do that". Remember that came before Naruto's reply, which in Japanese was "Daro? Ore no o-Tou-chan ha Sugeenda ze!" ("I know, right? My dad is amazing!").

Otherwise, pretty good points.

ITS NOT A KYUBI MODE ITS A RIKUDOU MODE

the whole appearance of the cloak, yes, it comes from using kyubi chakra but it is unique to minato and naruto because of minato's bloodline and the fact that the seal in place that allowed naruto to use that chakra in the first place WAS MINATO'S.

None of the comparisons to mangekyo are appropriate. You must compare it to susanoo if at all.

you are looking at too many things in the wrong manner to interpret the scene as you are.

Minato is godly, ok, that cloak was more appropriately his to begin with, his seal, his halving the chakra, his lineage.. the cloak should be attributed to him in the first place since the kyubi forms of a true jinchuuriki are things he cant do, like the form above the rikudou mode..

that being said, when you see naruto in the form of the godly minato you have a better perspective.

rikudou mode is the fox chakra activating what minato and naruto truly are, not simply a powerup you get from the fox. it's potent chakra mixed with special lineage. it was minato's before naruto's.

the argument is never about who is strong enough to do what with fox chakra or who deserves which stature... this whole business with minato in the cloak is revealing the essence of the so6p belonging to him and naruto! did you ever read what paulbee was saying?!

If dragon ball showed gohan getting super sayan first would we be upset later when it's revealed goku could do it too?
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Well Goku was the main character, Minato is not, so that doesn't count.

I Know that My Friends here are ardent Naruto Fans, and like many I too have not been shy to say when I felt Kishi was smushing up the story, For me The reason I am not bothered about Minato doing what he did/does is because I see Minato as the gateway or at least the link to the SO6p. Guys remember how we all remarked how the chakra cloak makes Naruto look like the SO6P, the only reason that he can look that way is because he is Minato's son.

Think about this just once, if Sasuke somehow got the chakra cloak, he still would not resemble the SO6P, neither would Lee, Guy, Kakashi, Orochimaru or anyone else in the Narutoverse. There are ONLY 2 PEOPLE who would resemble the SO6P, they are Naruto and Minato, BUT Naruto gets that look because he is Minato's Son, AND Minato was the first promised child.

I think that as the Manga Winds down to its end, Kishimoto is using this episode to reveal how Naruto relates to the SO6P, and why he is the promised child and the Saviour for the Bijuu.

My GUESS is that Kurama's Chakra would only react this way to Minato and to his line. Minato is on his way out, Kishi is probably only using him to establish the link of Naruto to the Sage, I think we can afford to let this one pass, right guys?

I used to think the SO6P tweaked Kurama's Chakra to reveal the sage in Naruto, But now I Suspect that ALL the BIJUU would also have revealed the sage if Naruto had merged with them, The Tweak is probably in Naruto's DNA (I think/hope).

Minato is only an Edo Zombie now, and Naruto's time has come, rather than be upset that Minato accomplished the same feat as Naruto, I am upset that He is still Letting Sakura slap him on the head like a fool, and Naruto is still portrayed as an Idiot where Sakura is concerned.

What I am anticipating now is Naruto Subduing the Juubi and becoming it's Jinchuuriki. Yes I know that the 9Names are now with Naruto, but there is still a Juubi with Ungodly Amounts of Chakra that has to go somewhere.

The final level that Only Naruto will reach is the 9Names level, or the Juubi Chakra level, Minato won't reach this level, only Naruto will, THEN and Only then will the TRUE POWER that the SO6p spoke of be revealed. Lets all be patient a while longer and enjoy this Manga to it's conclusion.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

@Paul, well that concept will only hold true depending on Hashirama's response to it. If he mentions it as being "something new" then its most def Minato's linage. But if not, I will take it that its not only him but also Mito had the cloak as well.

Madara did say that Mito did have the same perception ability as Naruto, but It was never confirmed if she had the Cloak as well. I guess that coming chapters will make or break this Minato linage theory.

Some of this is definitely Not Safe For Work, but I couldn't resist... didn't know about this blog until yesterday, found a lot of it to be quite entertaining. http://narutomangaunabridged.tumblr.com/

Some is too crass, but a lot of it is just awesome.

It's just like people have said. Naruto is who he is because of his lineage ( A.K.A, his mother and father). This paired with his personality and values, makes him the number 1 candidate to become the next great sage.

Naruto's time will come. It will be something that no one has seen since the days of the great one.

Just like how clans tend to have special techniques that they pass on to the next generation (that are non kekkai genkai), Naruto's father left him some things. The Rasengan, and half of the Kyuubi. His mother also left him some things. A Senju life force, and substantial chakra. These things along with his Will of Fire, are the building blocks, for the ninja named Naruto Uzumaki.

Its Uzumaki life force, or did the confirm that the Uzumaki and Senju were once one group? I don't think I read that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    Its Uzumaki life force, or did the confirm that the Uzumaki and Senju were once one group? I don't think I read that tho.
    It says that the Uzumaki are distant blood relatives of the Senju, HOWEVER if we assume that The SO6P had ONLY TWO KIDS, then the Uzumaki either are a splinter group that deviated from the Senju Lineage, or They were related to the SO6P before he had his two kids.

(Curiously, Hashirama had Black Hair and MITO had Red Hair...but Tsunade has Blond hair which infers that either her Dad or Mom was a blond. )

@Pratesh,

If by some chance Mito had the cloak, I'd be disappointed (there goes a nice theory), BUT even so, Mito would not look like the SO6P. Only Naruto and Minato can do that.
    Last edited by paulbee; 05-25-2013 at 09:29 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !